topwop1

Veteran Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

topwop1's Achievements

1. With Caleb almost a foregone conclusion at #1 the draft strategy for me now focuses to trading down from #9 into the teens, hopefully picking up a cpl mid round picks, including a 2nd this year, and then taking the best available DL or OL available, preferably a DE like Verse, Turner or Chop. Then we address our WR depth in the mid rounds. Lots of good talent available there to choose from that would compliment DJ and Keenan
  2. Well from what is being reported he didn't really have many options to be traded to as the unquestioned starter, so in his case why not go to Pittsburgh where there may be an easier path to start with Russ Wilson being near the end of his career? Rumor also had it that Philly was the other team interested in trading for Fields, and likely had a better offer on the table, however with Jalen Hurts fully entrenched as the starter over there it wouldnt have been the ideal landing spot for Fields and his camp. Fields is entering a contract year with it being highly unlikely thay Pittsburgh will be exercising his 5th year option, so if no team was going to trade for him guaranteeing him as the starter then I don't blame his camp for demanding to be tradee somewhere like Pittsburgh where he can have an easier path to winning the starting job I'm also thinking part of the trade rationale from Bears part was to get him out of the NFC if possible. I also don't see any way they'd ever have trades Fields to a division rival like Minnesota
  3. Dude you are so out of touch it's funny. First off there will be no veteran stop gap. Caleb Williams will be expected to come in right away and start. Secondly, tho not elite, the bears OL is not bad and Caleb will have some pretty nice targets to throw to in DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet, Gerald Everett and DeAndre Swift. Thirdly the Bears new OC Shane Waldron is well respected in NFL circles. Please tell me the last time a young QB got drafted into a situation as good as this? Now does this automatically mean Caleb will be a star NFL QB ? No but let's not act like the Bears haven't set him up well enough to succeed in year 1. If he can't manage to at least perform somewhat well then a lot of that will be on him
  4. Huh? Hard to tell if this is sarcasm but DJ was one of Fields biggest supporters and made a point to say so in numerous interviews so I'd say slim to none Remember when DJ said a while back that none of these draft QBs are better than Justin ? 😂
  5. Agreed. There will be no coddling with Caleb Williams Very few teams have the luxury of having a highly touted QB prospect like him sit behind a star QB for the season Coming from a Packers fan I get it because you guys have been spoiled with good QB play with h Favre and then Rodgers so you guys had that luxury to sit both Rodgers and Love but we don't and most other teams don't If you look at most successful young QBs over the past few seasons most have been thrown into the fire right away as rookies i.e. Stroud, Burrow, Allen
  6. I imagine part of this trade rationale was Poles wanted Fields far away from Chicago. If he catches on in Pittsburgh then chances are the Bears won't play against him much over the next few years That being said I have a hard time believing Poles wouldn't have accepted say a 2nd round pick from a team in the NFC if that opportunity presented itself Although I am disappointed with the return I guess can't really expect a whole lot more considering Mac Jones went for 6th as well. The conditional part would make this trade look a whole lot better but unfortunately that will likely take a season ending injury happenis to Russ Wilson or extremely bad play from him early enough in the season and hoping Fields can stay healthy for the majority of the season. Seems like a stretch to me but never know Anyway I wish Fields the best. Time for a fresh start for everyone
  7. As a Bears fan I honestly would have rather gotten Pickett for Fields straight up vs a conditional 6th round pick in 2025. That return is just an insult to me This is coming from someone who in his heart knew full well that Justin's time was up in Chicago...I just can't believe this is the measly return they got For all of Poles good moves he has some equally bad head scratchers and this is one of them. Just completely misplayed the situation
  8. I would have held out a bit longer if I were Poles but he pretty much made his bed as soon as he said at the combine that he wanted to ' do right by Justin' I feel sometimes that Poles is too honest. Need to play your cards tighter in these situations Minnesota really screwed us over by not resigning Cousins. I feel like Falcons would have traded for and paid a higher price for Justin if they never signed Cousins
  9. Kenny Pickett went for more than Fields ...pretty crazy stuff Omar Khan fleeced Ryan Poles here...and this isn't the first time. He also did it with the Chase Claypool trade
  10. Pretty underwhelming return How do guys like Lance, Rosen and Darnold go for way more yet all of those guys showed way less than Fields has ? I get that Fields has his flaws but I mean this is just highway robbery from the Steelers Bears didn't really have much choice here given they are all but guaranteed to take CW #1 but I would have probably held onto to Fields a bit longer and wait for a team to get desperate
  11. Compensation to be announced soon Edit update: for a 2025 conditional 6th that can become a 4th based on playing time.... Pretty underwhelming Discuss
  12. Nice trade. Allen is as proven as they come. Little on the older side but a good stop gap for the next cpl seasons. I think this move signifies they will look to deal the #9 pick provided they take CW as expected #1. Recoup some picks and take the BPA on th board I feel people were too focused on Odunze or Nabers at 9 and yeah while those guys are good prospects this is a deep WR draft and now that they traded for Allen I see them turning their attention elsewhere
  13. Would be surprised if Poles went for a guy like Evans in free agency. Doesn't seem like the type of move he'd make. Guy is going to get a big deal and he's older at 30. Still a great player but ..yeah..
  14. As the main OC I wasn't too high on Brown given his limited experience but as a passing game coordinator under an experienced guy like Waldron I love this hire. Don't want to get ahead of it but let's just say Bears O has success in the future then we can assume Waldron will be up for HC opportunities If that were to happen and he leaves then having Brown as his natural successor at OC would be ideal