jebrick

Veteran Members
  • Last visited

About jebrick

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

jebrick's Achievements

1. Leggett would be a serious option in the 2nd. Fits A. Smith's offense to a T.
  2. I think the Steeler Dline has gotten more tricky for the draftniks. Used to be that the Steelers needed 6'5 300 lb 5 techs(Heyward, Tuitt) and a strong zero tech(Hampton). Now they need disruptive 3 tech( Benton) and solid 1 techs( not on the roster). Newton ( and I really like him) is the 5 tech. Does not mean that they could not use him but is he what they need? Fiske would be the 1 tech that you could take high in the draft but there are plenty of other big bodies that can be gotten later.
  3. Amazing thing to not be playing a franchise QB.
  4. Crazy season. Please click my web site. There are so many decent Rts in this draft they have to trust in their board.
  5. no link. NFL today 4/22 show. how many QBs come into the league that are not mechanically flawed in some way? Mostly it is lower body (Trubisky, Wilson, Allen, Jones, Love ) or throwing motion (Fields, Mahomes). Maye will be a QB from this draft that really needs to sit. I am of the opinion that you build a good team then go get your QB. You have to be able to identify that QB in the draft or get lucky. Good teams with JAG QBs will be hanging in the teens to early 20s for the draft. Even if you are wrong you still have a good team and might get lucky later (49'ers).
  6. But for the "late 1st" QBs, if they go to a good team, can have success. IF they are allowed to sit a year and fix their mechanics they can have success. Love and Lamarr are good examples. Aaron Rodgers fell ( due to his own issues) to a good team. While not a late round QB, the Chiefs, a playoff team, traded up to get Mahomes. Caleb Williams will go to a better situation than the #2 QB. If the Vikings move up to get someone, they will be in a better situation than a QB drafted by NE ( and forced to start). I think NE may be in a decent situation due to having Brissett they can plug in and let whomever they draft sit and learn and work fora. season.
  7. ESPN actually had a graphic about his and they showed that mechanically flawed QBs who start too early have a high percentage to ruin their careers. Of the list, Josh Allen was on the only one with double digit starts to have success later in his career. What has been more successful is that you build a good team then go up and get your QB or get lucky and have them fall. Bad teams that just throw a QB in just has a very low percentage of success in the modern game.
  8. If tanking worked the Browns would be on their 3rd super bowl by now. It is a good theory for some sports like basketball but their are too many moving parts in football.
  9. For some positions, drafties need less training on how to do their job. While the defense is not as complicated as LeBeau's defense, most of the players drafted need to learn their craft a little bit before starting. Oline is an exception IF they are mostly solid in technique. These last 2 years may be exceptions due to the COVID years and older players entering the draft. Older and with more playing time. It does not mean they have been well coached. I would say 90% of the college coaches teach just enough to run their system. Especially D1, where they are under so much pressure to win.
  10. I would put money that the 1st round pick is in the Oline. Even if Thomas is there
  11. If they want Barton, they will draft him at 20. Philly and GB are both looking for centers
  12. IMHO, Mims is the prototypical OT body with very little reps. His injury was an ankle so i am not too worried about it. You would get Guyton if you do not building a OT from almost zero. He has less bad stuff to unlearn. as for Fautanu, we do not see the medicals so we will find out how bad it is on Thursday. If it is really bad he will drop of out of the 1st round. If it is just concerning, he will drop to the Steelers at 20.
  13. More of the truth we have always know coming out
  14. I like that. I can see a trade down unless the OT that they want is there