soflbillsfan

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

soflbillsfan's Achievements

1. Im all for this and glad he is sticking around. This was the right call and for those who say but they didnt get to a superbowl, let me know who is available that would make it? You have a better chance landing another Mularkey, Gailey, Williams, Ryan, etc. then you do another McDermott level HC. I still think things need to be put on the hot seat and while I am probably the minority Eric Washington and Ken Dorsey should be make or break years for them. I know dorsey has the stats but a lot has to do with having Allen as your qb and is able to mask his issues, just like Rodgers did with Hackett in GB which led to him being a HC candidate. I want to see more consistent play calling, we have seen numerous times in which he pushes the run game that works early on to quickly move off of it which led to some teams making a comeback. I have also see to many 3rd and short plays turn in to 4 wr running deep. A lot can be cleaned up and it seems at times when things mattered they were out coached because he wasnt prepared. As for Washington that guy has been given a ton of high end weapons whether its early draft picks or high paying players he seems to struggle mightily as Dline coach. Even this promotion still baffles me, he needs to step up and make an impact this year. Having 3 backup olineman abuse your dline in the playoffs was the last straw for me and I cant see it happen this year.
  2. I think he went with him and not the OC is because you already know that the main guy to go to on offense is dorsey. With Mcdermott having to call plays and make the entire teams decisions you need someone on defense who players can go to deal with day to day situations etc. Probably doesnt want to be overwhelmed with that stuff so he appointed it to someone to handle it and if its serious he would then be notified of it. Easier hierarchy to deal with on the defense
  3. My first reaction is gross, why is the guy who has been given multiple high draft picks, top dollar players to only be subpar at his position let alone being Assistant HC. The only thing I can think of is due to seniority and the amount of time he has been coaching in the league. Overall not a fan at promoting someone when they should be on the hot seat, one more mediocre year he should be fired.
  4. I doubt we will ever get the real answer but curious as to why Diggs needed the break. I heard a few theories which are interesting, one being the WR coach Chad Hall leaving, some say Diggs was mad at this. Another one is he was mad he didnt have any say as to who would be the WR coach. The final one which will probably come out if the bills have issues offensively this year is that Diggs and Dorsey are not on the same page and that Diggs feels that Dorsey isn't game planning to his liking. The later is said to be similar issues he had in Minnesota which he felt under utilized and cost them the big wins.
  5. Love the signing they definitely needed to add more pass rushers who can get to the qb. I dont think Epenesa nor Basham have that ability to do so. With the new dline and Mcd calling plays my expectations are bills in the top 3 in sacks this year, anything less would be disappointing. Bills have so much money invested in this defense particularly the front 4 that there should be no excuses to not dominate in the trenches.
  6. He has no excuses this year he should be solidified as the 3T and not move to the 1T spot all all. The signing seems a bit high but not as bad as the initial numbers came out as they have outs. We should higher pressure rates and more sacks from him, if not then i dont think we will ever see him take the next step. He has guys like Poona and Jones next to him with Rousseau, Floyd, and Miller on opposite ends. Someone better be feasting on the qb with this line all the time. This is now on McD and Washington to get one of the front 4 to the qb at all times as I think this has been the best line combo since Mcd has been HC.
  7. Daboll was meh and so is dorsey the sole reason this offense is the way it is, is because of allen. You cannot argue about the fact that the plays being called on 3rd and short being deep passes aren't awful, that is bad game planning on the OC rather then looking to continue the drive both Daboll and Dorsey have struggled on that as they both are 50% and under on converting 3rd downs. With Dorsey the redzone play calling has been mediocre at best, again it shows up on the play calls. The other big thing that I have an issue with Dorsey is the constant inability to utilize his players strengths, he was unable to do that in the run game with what he has in cook, he was unable to get Hines going after giving up a draft pick for him, and now he is saying he is unsure of whether or not how he can utilize their top pick they moved up to get? That should have fans questioning him. Do I think Dorsey needs to go right now, no it doesn't but if he continues to struggle on how to figure out using guys like Cook, Hines, Kincaid, Shakir etc then its time to look for a new OC next offseason. Im not saying you need a full game plan, but if your GM is talking about drafting a player in the 1st rd that you have to move up to get then you should be able to offer what you would like from the guy and look at his film to say that you can make a game plan with him, not to tell the media that you are still trying to figure it out. No you do not need to do this for all players just the select few that you are spending high draft capital on. Also if you still nee to figure it out you do not tell the media about it you keep it to yourself as it makes you look like an amateur. There are reasons why KC continues to be so dominant, and why the Eagles, Rams, Bengals, and 49ers have recently made it to the superbowl is because the HC is offensive minded and the play calling becomes more creative through out the playoffs. Dorsey needs to not fall in to the hole that Daboll did which is the inability to make adjustments, and to be more creative so that the opposing teams cannot figure out the offense before the playoff game starts.
  8. So the reality is that Dhop is likely not chasing a ring as the primary reason to move on from AZ or he would have signed with a team. While he has stated that he wants to play with the 5 named qbs, with stable organization rumors have been changing in which he is interested in Cleveland and Houston, both dont have the Qbs he was searching for, the stability in the front office, nor the defense he was talking so highly about. It seems like a JJ watt type move saying he was looking to win but reality hit that it ended up being the money as the driving factor. If that is the case I do not see how the bills can compete or would want to compete for his services if money is the sole reason for him. While I would like him I dont see the point of getting hopes up high for him and as each day passes it seems less and less likely he comes to buffalo.
  9. Ken Dorsey spoke today and him saying he is nowhere close of knowing what Kincaid's role is, is concerning. You have had time to figure this out during the pre-draft process and beane moved up to get him so you can have an extra toy. Now you need time to figure this out? Seems like Dorsey is over his head between kincaid comment, how cook and hines were utilized, and the overall scheme that was used last year. I am hoping I am wrong about this but this is crazy to hear that the guy the offense is counting on to get them to a Superbowl isnt sure how to utilize his weapons properly
  10. Good depth signing to play back up to Brown but that position is still a major liability, got to think if Brown does not take a massive step forward this becomes the biggest need on the team next offseason next to DT
  11. A simple extension for Chris Jones can clear up 16 mil. Ravens have 12 mil, Jets have a ton of money if he wanted to go there, Cleveland was mentioned by someone they have about $6 mil before adjustments, another person linked him to Pats they have 11 mil (but I think this is a stretch as he mentioned a legit qb and the history isnt good between him and BoB). Im not sure about anyone else I know he mentioned he wouldnt mind playing with herbert but they drafted Johnston and have allen/williams combo. Philly was another team he mentioned but they have brown/smith/ghoedert. Outside of that I think it really comes down to Bills chiefs and ravens. Could have a dark horse in which a non-instant contender like Carolina or even Detroit may throw money at him.
  12. I want Dhop but it feels like he ends up in KC or he chases the money. Hopefully Beane can get it done. The question is if Beane does make the move who is the odd man out? You have Diggs, Harty, Sheffield, Shakir, Shorter, and Davis. Do they role with 7 and 3 TEs?
  13. Yea media and non bills fans will make a big deal about Diggs but the reality is he never really did it. 2020 I think covid prevented OTAs and then I think he showed up in 2021 but not last year. dont see an issue with this whats so ever.
  14. it may be a one year deal but if it pans out it could be for longer which is why Yannick would be the best bet. a 1 year proved it deal is a better option then a 1 year deal with a guy who is 34 years old. Yannick becomes an impact for the bills I can see them having him stay on a 2-3 year deal next offseason. More potential and upside with yannick then another pass rusher who may or may not make it a whole season.
  15. Unfortunately he is not going to be cheaper, teams like the bills arent the only ones looking at him. Multiple teams are already said to be in the mix and he will likely come out with more then most fans will expect. Not sure if that will matter but houston played majority of his career in a 3-4 base formation while bills have a 4-2 formation so is this also going to hinder his performance by having his hand in the ground? Does he even want to move to that position at his age too. Some things to think about