All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So Crosby is worth as much as a franchise QB in your view? And this year's QB class is average at best? Lol.
  3. I like Nubin from the little I've seen, but I think his athletic testing probably took him off our board. In the last 4 draft classes the Eagles have not taken a player with a RAS under a 5.66/5.67 and those scores were by Kenny Gainwell and Tarron Jackson respectively who were also 5th and 6th round picks. Here is Nubin's RAS: Nakobe Dean obviously didn't test and maybe if he tested poorly with his size he could've came in closer to Nubin's RAS, but I'm pretty sure even he would've been in the 5-6 RAS range. I just don't know if we would do it.
  4. What year were they probowlers? Pittman is clearly better than either of them now. Ridley is expensive but that doesn't mean he's top notch.
  5. He is definitely scooting. And this is the kind of back that I want to diversify the RB room. also, who is 11 on North Texas? That guy was moving too.
  6. Bengals so far: 1 Amarius Mims. Long term successor to Trent Brown 2 Ja'Tavion Sanders. We're going to stop redoing the TE room annually 3a DeVontez Walker. Inconsistent hands but he's a deep threat with decent size and potential Higgins replacement 3b Kris Abrams-Draine undersized but ballhawking CB to replace Awuzie 4 McKinnley Jackson. Big DT joins the committee to replace Reader. 5 Audric Estime Power back who plays faster than he timed at the combine.
  7. Meh, Lance should be the clear #2 if Prescott gets hurt for an extended period, a live tryout if you will. Rush will see the immediate in-game action. Otherwise, Lance will carry a clipboard and have to distinguish himself in practice. I don't see the Cowboys taking a QB until the Lace situation plays out.
  8. I think shotgun is a product of what Kyler needs to scan the field quickly. Him under center heā€™s not going to even see his guys until his second into third step. And it is much more common but I do think all the teams you mentioned also arenā€™t teams that have a physical element too the run game and I think come playoffs if you canā€™t run physically your short
  9. Each to their own, but Iā€™m taking Meyers over plenty of those guys. Jeudy is one that you named who I am 100% taking Meyers over; Iā€™ve seen him do nothing against my team (or in general apparently) for years. Dotson and Addison as well. Give Meyers above average QB play and letā€™s see how he compares to some of the names on that list. Again, about Zamir White, I havenā€™t said potential superstar. I doubt many other Raiders fans would either. The guy you are quoting did so as a point of sarcasm. But thereā€™s no denying that White was impressive in his 4 starts after Jacobs got hurt. Will he replicate that production? It remains to be seen, but no reason to write him off based on what heā€™s done (or hasnā€™t) so far. With Jones youā€™re implying a building block which nobody has really suggested he is. But a solid starting outside corner in the NFL, he absolutely is and has the potential to be going forward. Itā€™s all going to be a moot point if the Raiders roll Minshew out there at QB in week 1 this season, but I do feel these type of threads show the kind of disproportion there is in the league when evaluating teams who have a QB vs those who donā€™t. For example, say the Chiefs have Daniel Jones instead of Patrick Mahomes at QB - suddenly youā€™ll get posts like some of the ones in this thread saying ā€œbut the chiefs roster is brutal because x, y, zā€, but realistically they just have an elite QB carrying whatever else is on the roster. Which again, as I stated originally, is why the Raiders need to move up and take that franchise guy. Potential or not, at least it gives you a chance to work out of the QB purgatory they are currently in. And then the rest of the roster is a moot point anyway. Because thatā€™s what the NFL is.
  10. I still think the Eagles are thin at WR. While they've added some pieces there it's no one I'd want to start multiple games. I chose Wilson, but would be satisfied with Pearsall, too. I guess you could say the same at TE, but I feel like the Eagles want more (and believe they can get it) from their reserves. Stoll was limited and frankly, in the way. A lot of it comes down to coaching, not in the sense of elevating play, but rather putting players in a position to succeed. I don't think that was done last year. Duh.
  11. Also just saying, what would you guys be more excited about? Getting JJ and having him turn out well and trying to plug holes with late rounders or overpaying free agents? Or getting a dude like Bowers (I think we all rated out TE room as an F), and then taking Shedeur or someone of the like next year to pair with him, and then having ANOTHER first rounder the following year? ....I'm pretty sure I know the answer
  12. With the 149th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Notre Dame RB Audric Estime. D-0350. He gives us another strong back and will probably bump Evans or Williams off the roster. @whodatOL Saints are OTC.
  13. I donā€™t expect any of them to be better than Cousins 2022 year, immediately. But I have more faith in a few of these guys winning in the playoffs than I do Cousins ever going on a post season run of any type. Why isnā€™t Penix talented enough to be that guy? I actually think he is. Besides his age, he is a great prospect to get.
  14. Solid. I really like that Yale OT. I am all in on trading down, adding a second-round pick and going either OT and WR with the first two picks, or WR and OT. I also like interior offensive lineman with our third pick. Either that or safety for me. Then I am probably going QB and/or running back. I prefer Worthy over Mitchell. I think Rodgers could use Worthy as an incredible decoy for this offense. Garrett Wilson underneath when teams are playing off Worthy's speed? I want some of that. So basically, if we can land a quality WR, a solid developmental LT, a decent developmental QB (Joe Milton III?, the second Taigovailoa brother?), a developmental offensive guard, a potential starting safety (or rotational safety), a backup linebacker and a backup running back, that to me is an ideal draft. Let's see how close we can get to that. Good stuff, jetsandl!
  15. Gotcha, glad there is at least some past history to back up the claims that Barton can play all 5 spots on the Oline. This time of year too often prospects have things claimed about them that are simply speculation, but often are put forth as facts.
  16. You shoulda seen the discussion back when it looked like we were going to suuuuuuuuuuuck and Brock was seriously being talked as a Top 10/Top 5 guy. I personally thought his first round pedigree was more due to the 'G' on his helmet; had he played in a Mid-Major like say Cincinnati like Kelce did, would he get past the third round despite his measurables and game tape? Now that he's dropped into the deep 1st, I'm far less perplexed about his total value. The biggest questions about Brock on the Packers are as follows; one, is he fundamentally better than Musgrave, and two, is he worthwhile enough to potentially be confined to a #2/#3/H-Back role? Dude's more explosive than anyone we could put in at the 'H', definitely more than what we've got in Kraft and Sims, but these are diminished roles for a first rounder, something that miiiiiight rub the wrong way for a rookie of Brock's caliber. It would demand much more of the 'balanced backfield' looks as opposed to the '3 WR' or '2 TE' types just to make the selection look worthwhile not just for the plebian fanbase we are part of, but also for Brock and the people in his life. As far as #1 goes, is Brock so much more explosive than Musgrave that it offsets the difference in height and reach? Is his blocking clearly superior? As for actually thinking of a skill player... I gotta admit nobody's really standing out for me. Anyone at wideout that looks like a clearly superior option to any of our Top 4 is likely to be picked well before us. Others have some skillsets we totally like, but is a Ladd McConkey really that valuable to us as a #5- which is what he will be unless he turns into a Kupp/Nukua type? And since you already set RB aside.... well shoot, that would almost mean it's H-Back or bust.
  17. Temple of Doom is fine with two fixes: 1. Change the female character in every single solitary way. 2. Swap the Evil Indy bit with a dead Indy fakeout where Indiana falls down a pit and is presumed dead by Shortround so Shortround has his own escape attempt going while Indiana is fighting off deep dark depth horrors in order to make it back to the next level of the temple. One would need a lot more time and paragraphs to fix #4.
  18. The overvaluation of compensatory picks is mind boggling.
  19. Agree with this, especially when it comes to us (as the top prize for these QBs in the non-Caleb division). Kingsbury was something like 90% of his snaps out of the shotgun with Kyler. And then youā€™ve got other teams who are seeking, like MIN and NYG, who have sat at something like 2/3 of their snaps in shotgun. Hard to say for sure what Van Pelt will do in NE, given that he was basically just a figurehead OC under Stefanski, but CLE was about 2/3 in the shotgun last year. DEN is probably the one team thatā€™s an even split between the two. Probably hard to justify spending too much time trying to focus on taking snaps under center when thatā€™s never going to be a priority for the teams looking at drafting you.
  20. Some interesting variance in owner reactions to receiving poor grades on the NFLPA report card. PIT (28): It doesn't get presented to us, it gets presented to the media, so as far as I'm concerned it's a media opportunity for the Players Association as opposed to a serious effort of constructive criticism. NE (29): Kraft said the team plans on working on a new $50 million workout facility and believes the lack of team daycare is an ā€œeasy fixā€ per MassLiveā€™s Mark Daniels. KC (31): Hunt finally had a chance to defend himself over the locker room grade this week, and according to the owner, he never promised the players that the locker room would be getting a renovation. WAS (32): Weā€™re trying to make a lot of changes very quickly,ā€ Harris said. ā€œObviously, it starts with the NFL player community is a small community. The NFL coach community is a small community. We want to be a place where everyone says, ā€˜Thatā€™s a great place to be.ā€™ Therefore, we need to upgrade that facility. I think we can probably see which teams will be staying near the bottom of these rankings.
  21. I wonder if the Chiefs would bite on Zach Wilson? They don't have much behind Mahomes. Of course, they don't need much behind Mahomes, but perhaps they prefer someone who has actually played in the NFL (not well, mind you) over a raw rookie. Here is to hoping!
  22. Hey guys. Some teams left to grab. Not the Jets. I'm doing that one, heaven help me. But I know a bunch of you often take diff teams. There are a bunch left.
  1. Load more activity