All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You say 3 games like it isn't a lot. If you had a 3 game lead in the standings during the regular season, are you looking behind you? No you aren't. 66% of the conference is given, at very worst, a 2 game chance of the playoffs. That's ridiculous. Personally, I think 8 teams is too many if you are going to play as many regular season games as the NBA do.
  3. Nabbers is more special imo. Assuming the teams need at LT and WR are both weighted equally and the replacement level of the unaddressed is going to be averagish. If weighting isn't equal and the replacement level is going to be a fringe NFL player at the unaddressed I'd take LT because at least you can function without a WR. People going to get career alteringly messed up without a LT.
  4. I know it's not important... but Steve Young's first name is Jon and I only learned that because I Googled him to see if he had one of those odd Mormon names that gets shortened to something normal. Wasn't expecting Jon, but funny he still goes by Steve (middle name Steven).
  5. Gimme the bluechip LT in this case. Lock that down for a decade. Especially in this draft, i can probably circle back for a WR on Day2 that i like...more than i like any sort of LT prospect at that point. Would be a tougher choice if i can pick Odunze instead of Nabers, but i don't want to make assumptions in a hypothetical. Still probably go Alt. Also depends on how dire a need we're talking at each spot. Do i have anything at either spot? What's the rest of my WR room look like? Who is my QB even? But ultimately, unless there are a lot of extenuating factors and modifiers to the situation, i think it'd have to be MHJ to take a WR in this draft over Alt, if i desperately needed a LT.
  6. Every packers draft that i see seems to have dejean going down to them at 25
  7. How many sybililillis does Dwayne even have? I feel like that depends on how southern you are. If more people had pronounced it in a single monosyphilitic way like Northern/Western suburban white people, he could've been a HoFer. And he might not even have died at a tragically young age.
  8. Good because i was not into that choice
  9. Today
  10. This is spot on. I think that as a result, i will certainly not be listening to this live. I'll just watch some of the usual coverage. Then maybe try to zip through this out of curiosity after the fact to see if there's anything to be gleaned from Bill's bits of the show, without listening to the other obnoxious loudmouth bros.
  11. It's exciting, because this draft is also just stuffed to the gills with more...mediocre to poor, underwhelming later round RBs that they could add to the mix to really put it over the top. Anyway. Royce Freeman always struck me as having a pretty cool name, but not being a particularly good or remarkable RB in any way. And he's pretty darn old now in RB years, is he not?
  12. They should make their logo a helmet within a helmet within a helmet. They have to go deeper. Also, this helmet does not have a white facemask, and is thus irrelevant garbage.
  13. Good. The white cages look nice with the rest of their Reese's Peanut Butter Cup scheme. A unique sort of accent to at least offset how much it makes me want one. But also, i'm not sure i fully realized that they went away from this.
  14. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/jawaan-taylor-29070/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of %2420%2C000%2C000. Taylor is under contract for the next 3 years with a potential "out" in 2026.
  15. After randomizing the seeds, it will be 4. Skywind vs 1. Touch 3. Toucan vs 2. Whicker Skywind: Team name: Edina Cake Eaters Referee Recipe Your first offensive turnover will be reversed on a phantom penalty, you'll get to reroll with a Double Advantage Killer Coach You'll go for the 2-point conversion every time you score an offensive touchdown, unless it's been blocked by a Thumper Franchise QB You'll always get a chance to score on your first possession (keep rolling until you get 11 or higher). Weapon X When going for a 2-point conversion after a touchdown you'll get an Advantage on the roll touch: Loud crowd Any rolls your opponent makes in the 4th quarter (offense, defense or special teams) will be given a Disadvantage, because your fans are bringing the ruckus super special teams Field Goals and PATs get a +20% bonus to succeed (max 90%). franchise QB You'll always get a chance to score on your first possession (keep rolling until you get 11 or higher). kicker Remove the cap of a 90% success rate for field goals and PATs, and roll them with an Advantage. Toucan: Loud Crowd Any rolls your opponent makes in the 4th quarter (offense, defense or special teams) will be given a Disadvantage, because your fans are bringing the ruckus Super Special Teams Field Goals and PATs get a +20% bonus to succeed (max 90%). Franchise QB You'll always get a chance to score on your first possession (keep rolling until you get 11 or higher). Blindside Protector Get a 1 point bonus to all Possession Rolls (this means you cannot roll a 1, the minimum would be a 2). Whicker: Bad Brats Any rolls you make in the 4th quarter (offense, defense and special teams) will be given an Advantage, because the other team's fans are in the bathrooms. Lock Down Defense Your opponents Possession Roll following their first offensive turnover will be rolled with a Disadvantage. Blindside Protector Get a 1 point bonus to all Possession Rolls (this means you cannot roll a 1, the minimum would be a 2). Edge Setter Turnovers will also happen when your opponent rolls a 7 or 8 for their Possession Roll. Each will have a 10% chance of resulting in a TD + PAT.
  16. It's this whole "leapfrog" mentality with QB deals. It basically operates outside the bounds of conventional logic and reason. It's distorted by the fact that if you ain't got a QB locked up to a contract, you're in desperation mode and a bad team. So guys who are completely "okay" tend to constantly leapfrog and "reset" the bar each time. People are going to be staggered by the the Tua and Lawrence deals, but that's just going to be following the trend. That's what happens. If you think you've got "The Guy" you pay them. A lot more than they're probably "worth" in some respects...but they're getting these deals because the value of having a guy that you believe in, even a little bit...is enormous to a franchise, compared to wandering around in a barren QB desert. I don't really think it's that unbelievable. The defense was wildly inconsistent, despite some pretty solid personnel. The offense had some annoying idiosyncrasies, but a large part of it was just personnel issues holding things back. The OLine was just a revolving door and never built any kind of chemistry or momentum...and had underperforming players on top of that. The receiving corps was super overrated on "name value" or whatever, but actually kind of ***. And Lawrence was still humming along somewhat well and the team was cruising to a high playoff seed...until the starting QB went down with multiple injuries that he tried to play through to various extent. But the wheels completely came off when Lawrence got broken. If you're an OC...there's only so much you can do with a broken Trevor Lawrence...or worse, a CJ Beathard.
  17. Kincaid got his share last year but JSN had to be right up there?
  18. I have to agree with a lot of this. Cooper's a guy who they'd just let loose within the scheme IMO; I could see him being the guy that cleans up just about every play and who will find tons of success on delayed blitzes. Hall is solid rotation you bring in on obvious passing downs. I'd love to see a package where he and Brooks are both on the field on one side of the even front with Clark and Wooden or Clark being moved to a 4i alignment with Slaton as the Nose. Nobody's having success against that line-up TBH. Booker is a developmental guy who can beat out Cox for that last EDGE spot whereas Wallace is a bit of a Cooper clone. Personally, I like Tylan Grable over Jennings as a late round OT flier.
  19. Iowa fan here. I like Tracy a lot too, but I'm not sure he will last until the late rounds. I could see him going in the 4th. Iowa terribly misused him. He was arguably the best athlete on the team and only touched the ball a few times per game, and often those were dumbarse Brian Ferentz end around runs. The most receiving yards he had in a season was 589 as a soph (154 as JR, 106 as SR, and 22 as a FR). He also had like 93 yards total rushing at Iowa. Then, he went to Purdue and turned into a legit NFL draft pick (just like Charlie Jones after he left Iowa for Purdue). Takeaway #1 - Still learning to play RB, but has great potential and is a natural receiver. He averaged 4.4 YAC and was one of the most elusive players in college football. He improved at pass blocking a lot as the season progressed. He is also fast (4.48) and big (6'1", 210). He has some Deebo to him. Takeaway #2 - Brian Ferentz sucks. F that guy. Edit - Also worth noting that he will be 25 in November, so maybe that will lower his draft stock a bit. He wasn't used much in college, however, so he should have a lot of tread left.
  20. Except we did in certain sub-packages where he blitzed off B-gap, which worked for exactly 3 games and then we never saw it again... I get it though...kind of annoying IMO. They were both hamstrung by crap "bend don't break" defenses with one or two guys who had to shoulder all the work. The 2011 team is part-n-parcel proof of this...
  21. I can't help but think he injuries his XCL this year I hope you're right though; love the way he plays the game
  22. I'd be pretty happy. Mims at #25 would feel like Green Bay saying they've earned the right to take the Ferrari out for a spin. They've turned lesser prospects into studs so now it's time to see what they can do with a guy with ridiculous upside. Cooper I don't know what to do with. I see a lot of what my old coaches would call titty bumpin' instead of solid tackling, but he's athletic as hell. I thought Hall would be better than he was at Ohio State but he seems to be impressing on the pre-draft rounds. Jones has long been one of my very favorite players in this class. If he bombs I'm gonna take a huge L. Boyd has looked really good in footage against guys who are apparently going to go in front of him. I would be psyched about Manu because he's such a crazy lottery pick. Stick him on the PS and maybe he ends up being awesome. I know nothing about Booker, Wallace, or Jennings.
  23. Cannot wait to bet on the Bulls again on Friday night
  24. Also don't understand the love for blue on blue. And I'm going to sound unAmerican but I hate red and blue together.
  1. Load more activity