All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I would say you are overthinking it. If you put him at a position you leave him there, you don't move him around. SO the second half is moot IMO. But let's go to the what makes him better. He's more athletic, has better movement, gets to the second level better, has a better pass block set, anchors better, drives better than any of the other guys. Like was said Barton came to Duke as a C, played there his freshman year, reportedly still practiced there, and only moved because Duke wanted to have their best player out at LT.
  3. Man, where we're picking makes this incredibly hard this year! Initial ratings based purely on where we're picking and that we're desperate for a QB. If we're sat at 13 this is my big board: 1 - Drake Maye QB 2 - Caleb Williams QB 3 - Jayden Daniels QB 4 - JJ McCarthy QB 5 - Joe Alt OT (second best prospect imo, but positional importance) 6 - Marvin Harrison Jr WR (best prospect in class imo) 7 - Quinyon Mitchell CB 8 - Olu Fashanu OT 9 - Taliese Fuaga OT 10 - Troy Fautanu OT 11 - Malik Nabers WR 12 - Laiatu Latu DE 13 - Byron Murphy DT 14 - Dallas Turner DE 15 - Jared Verse DE 16 - Rome Odunze WR 8 to 16 are all very, very close for me. Latu and Young might be my favourites of that bunch but OT is a bigger priority really.
  4. One more day fellas until yall kick me out of here for manifesting JJ here 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’m playing I’m hoping we’re one day away from whoever we take hopefully owning the future of this spot for 13 plus years of real competitive play and just someone that flies this franchise and fanbase
  5. I want to see the volume numbers. I agree that Nix does seem like a Telesco guy, I remember hearing that he really liked him super early in the process.
  6. The year before we ran Houston opposite Hutch for a stretch and both were productive. Its about requiring the other team to add extra blockers and having someone opposite Hutch who gets to the QB will require them to shift the blocking scheme. I am guessing the reason so much of Cominsky and Paschal were used last year is because of injuries and the decline of Okwara/Harris. I do agree that Robinson is the better fit to replace Cominsky but I think Verse adds more disruption which likely causes more blocking issues for opposing OL's.
  7. As long as we end up with a combo of WR, OT, QB, S with our first 4 picks (unless we trade down and get more) then I will be happy. 1. Fashanu 3. Tez Walker 4a. Pratt 4b. Hicks home run imo
  8. QB is such a weird position because teams across the league are so desperate to find a guy. I just don’t really see why they’d trade a mid round pick for him and then dump him the following offseason for a worse pick.
  9. Well, one day until GO TIME!!!! Who do you like with the first pick is the question?
  10. OT or WR, IMHO, OT, HELL NO TO BOWERS !!!!! PERIOD!!!!!
  11. As it currently stands we have a bottom 5 OL. The only position you can even feel super confident about is LT.
  12. It doesn't mean much since he'll probably get picked up for a GM role after this season:
  13. The raiders basically go into the draft every year and are forced to reach for need because we have massive holes at key spots. We signed one starter and lost a handful in free agency, that’s not efficient roster management to me. And the staple of Telesco’s rosters in LA was a lack of depth which is why they constantly underachieved despite having a franchise QB in place the entire time he was there.
  14. I think Olu is a home run pick. Beginning of the season and right after the season we would have begged for him. He would be perfect to sit behind Tyron Smith for a year. I hope JD doesn’t pull a I’m the smartest guy in the room and takes a random OL with guys like Olu, Fautanu and Fuaga available.
  15. If we're talking about Barton at OC, it just seems like you are drafting more on potential. This isn't to say he can't do it or hasn't done it but there are full time OCs that dominated the position in this draft. Don't get too cute. I'd rather trade down and nab a "been there, done that" type player (i.e Frazier, JPJ, SVP). All signs point to these guys being darn good OCs. So by drafting Barton as an OC, what's the advantage? Versatility? Even with that, he's drafted as an OC and an OG or an OT goes down and he is the supposed fill in. Who starts at OC then? And is that backup any better than the OG/OT backup? IDK, maybe I'm over thinking it.
  16. https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1783109300644159924?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og Officially not picking up the 5th year option on Fields, but we knew that. Big question is will they sign him to a mini-extension.
  17. Trying to prepare myself for Latham at 7 lol
  18. ZW was and is a failure on the Jets Organization, say what you will about him, the kid does have talent and in only a few games that talent was displayed. Now consider that the Jets wasted 2 no.1's on QB's the past 8 years, and never built the trenches for either one. Be it ZW or SD the offensive line stunk and the OC stunk and in ZW's final year with the Jets after being benched, regulated to 3rd string, than made starter again the Jets OL gave up the most pressures and sacks of any team in the NFL. All of the QB's went down with injuries last season and the season before was no cakewalk either. The OC was fired and replaced by someone who could turn out to be worse and who's only saving grace is AR. So yes, ZW failed in N.Y. and so did Darnold, and so did GS, how many QB's do the Jets as an organization have to go through before they figure out that they have failed these QB's. I mean no one knows if any would have panned out...granted. Likewise, since Brick and Mangold left the Jets, the OL has been a S...it Show. You may be able to say well the Jets did draft AVT and Becton but neither have been able to stay on the field. But other than those 2 draft wise the Jets have done nothing to make what was once a strength into a major weakness. Same holds true for AR, he was hurt because of an OL that sucked and was too old. Tell me, where are the starters from last year? Becton or Tomlinson or D. Brown ? Becton and Brown are gone and perhaps both careers have come to an end. Tomlinson signed elsewhere on a one year deal and as fro AVT the Jets are not going to guarantee his contract for a 5th year seeing he can't stay on the field. So its not all ZW fault. I have no hate for Wilson, but maybe the road Wilson has to take is the same as Baker Mayfield. Wouldn't it be something if ZW turns out to be everything the Jets envisioned but failed him because they mishandled the QB position for a decade.
  19. Me too, though most teams make a pretty concerted effort to keep their own 1st rounders who hit.
  20. I'm sold too. Was getting there long before that but that sold me. And he really sounded like and talked like a guy who was over being out at LT but did what was right for the team, meaning he put team over self and was still that good. That's the kind of guy you would really want on your team.
  21. If ATL is targeting a defensive player they can almost certainly slide back a few spots and still get their guy. Especially if MIN ends up trading up with LAC, our best chance to trade down is probably for a team that wants to get ahead of NYJ and then LAC at 10 and 11 to get their OL of choice, though I could see someone wanting to jump NYJ if they think they’re going to take Bowers too. Gonna be a lot of intrigue in the area around our 2nd pick tomorrow night. The only intrigue around our 1st pick will be whether CW holds up the generic 1st round draft pick jersey on stage or one with his chosen number.
  22. OL overall having the most. CB, RB, S, TE, WR being the least is actually kinda shocking. Just kinda looking through out timeframe with it our 1st round picks in this study have been: Plaxico Burress - WR, Casey Hampton - DT, Kendall Simmons - OG, Troy Polamalu - S, Ben Roethlisberger - QB, Heath Miller - TE, Santonio Holmes - WR, Lawrence Timmons - LB, Rashard Mendenhall - RB, Evander Hood - DT, Maurkice Pouncey - C, Cam Heyward - DT, David Decastro - G, Jarvis Jones - EDGE, Ryan Shazier - LB, Bug Dupree - EDGE, Artie Burns - CB, TJ Watt - EDGE, Terrell Edmunds - S, Devin Bush - ILB I know in one case there was extenuating circumstances (Shazier), but average across all positions hit rate is 43%. 11/20 puts it at just above average. By positions: QB - 1/1 RB - 0/1 WR - 0/2 TE - 1/1 OG - 2/2 C - 1/1 DT - 1/3 EDGE - 1/3 LB - 1/3 CB - 0/1 S - 1/2 Didn't really beat the odds anywhere, had a few spots of total failure. EDIT: An interesting thing, looking at a cross section of the OL taken, it's interesting because if you are taking interior OL, there's something really special about those guys then. And OT I think is so high because often times if those guys fail out there, teams will extend them and move them to RT or into OG making it much more likely they are retained. I really think that goes to show though that your best bet on building a successful team in the draft, you go to the trenches first.
  23. I'd add more to this list. Still not sure about DeJean and if I'd take him over other secondary guys. No secret, but I'd definitely add Chop to the list. Newton would be such a clutch pick but hard to see him falling to #31.
  24. I only think someone prominent winning that Battle Royale was necessary if they want to give a new champ a bigger push. Beating Becky Lynch will have a much better Championship rub than winning a BR where wonky things can happen.
  1. Load more activity