All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. well I do think DeJean would be like Ward but even better.
  3. I wouldn't mind this, but we need a pass rusher opposite Sweat.
  4. But he's now two major knee surgeries into his career. You never know how much a guy is going to be able to come back from that, especially a guy like JK who relied a lot on burst and athleticism.
  5. Just a thought I had recently. If Sam Darnold cannot put up decent numbers in this system with this talent, the rest of his career is going to be pining the bench.
  6. We are talking about defensive players rather than offensive players. Positional value varies based upon sides of the ball. Positional value matters more on offense than defense. If positional value were maximized through drafting more players at the most valuable positions, 53 QB's would win the superbowl every year. I want a guy to cover a positionless receiver when he's inside. If we have great outside guys, and a crap tastic inside player (Oliver) teams just move Lamb/Kupp/Chase/etc inside and their best player is against our worst player all game because of positional value on a chart. If he's gotta cover those guys, he needs to not suck. Whether or not there is a guy worth that pick in this draft is a different story. I haven't watched all the guys, but Branch from last year would be well worth pick 31. Compared to a franchise LT? well no, but were any franchise LT's drafted at the end of the first last year?
  7. Based on his 40 time????? Is that how you make observations of QB’..Or is on his 8 yards rushing this year. like I said, you have no clue at all. Do us all a favor and stop acting like you have any knowledge of how to break down QB’s..
  8. The first game will kick off at 8pm ct or if @skywindO2 @theuntouchable both check in before that so they can watch it unfold
  9. Yeah i’m really high on him. Whenever he’s been healthy he’s been ridiculously good. Health is obviously the big factor with him
  10. Skywind: Team name: Edina Cake Eaters Referee Recipe Your first offensive turnover will be reversed on a phantom penalty, you'll get to reroll with a Double Advantage Killer Coach You'll go for the 2-point conversion every time you score an offensive touchdown, unless it's been blocked by a Thumper Franchise QB You'll always get a chance to score on your first possession (keep rolling until you get 11 or higher). Weapon X When going for a 2-point conversion after a touchdown you'll get an Advantage on the roll touch: Loud crowd Any rolls your opponent makes in the 4th quarter (offense, defense or special teams) will be given a Disadvantage, because your fans are bringing the ruckus super special teams Field Goals and PATs get a +20% bonus to succeed (max 90%). franchise QB You'll always get a chance to score on your first possession (keep rolling until you get 11 or higher). kicker Remove the cap of a 90% success rate for field goals and PATs, and roll them with an Advantage
  11. Quarter 1 Quarter 2 Quarter 3 Quarter 4 Home Offense Away Offense Home Offense Away Offense Home Offense Away Offense Home Offense Away Offense Away Defense Home Defense Away Defense Home Offense Away Defense Home Defense Away Defense Home Defense Possession Roll 1 Possession Roll 2 Possession Roll 3 Possession Roll 4 Possession Roll 5 Possession Roll 6 Possession Roll 7 Possession Roll 8 D20 Possession Roll Rules 20 Touchdown + 2-point conversion (50%) Each game will consist of four quarters, each quarter will be made up of one offensive possession for each team. 19 Touchdown + 2-point conversion (50%) Possessions will alternate, and if after four quarters there is a tie they will continue to alternate like NCAAF OT rules. 18 Touchdown + PAT (90%) If there is still a tie after 2 OT periods (2 possessions for each team), the game will end in a tie. 17 Touchdown + PAT (90%) The outcome of each possession will be determined by the Possession Roll (see chart on left). 16 Touchdown + PAT (90%) After the Possession Roll additional roll(s) may be needed to determine the outcome. (see chart on left). 15 Field Goal (90% chance of success) Advantage and Disadvantage 14 Field Goal (75% chance of success) Advantage means two dice will be rolled and the higher number will be taken. 13 Field Goal (50% chance of success) Disadvantage means that two dice will be rolled and the lower number will be taken. 12 Field Goal (25% chance of success) Double Advantage/Disadvantage means that TWO additional dice will be rolled (triple means THREE and so on). 11 Field Goal (10% chance of success) An advantage and disadvantage on the same roll would cancel each other out. 10 No Score A Double Advantage (2) and Single Disadvantage (-1) on the same roll would result in an Single Advantage (1). 9 No Score Point After Touchdown and 2-point Conversions 8 No Score Attempting the 2-point conversion/kicking the PAT will be usually dictated by the current momentum (last possession roll). 7 No Score If you score a touchdown, the roll will determine if you go for two or kick the PAT (see chart on left.) 6 Turnover (10% chance of Touchdown + PAT) When going for the 2-point conversion (50%), you'll need to roll a 51 or better on the D100. 5 Turnover (25% chance of Touchdown + PAT) When going for the PAT (90%), you'll need to roll an 11 or better on the D100. 4 Turnover (50% chance of Touchdown + PAT) 3 Turnover (75% chance of Touchdown + PAT) 2 Turnover + Touchdown + PAT 1 Turnover + Touchdown + 2-point conversion
  12. My mom's best friends kid is up to be drafted this year. He's an Eagles fan and hoping he gets drafted him or UDFA. USC Linebacker Eric Gentry might squeeze into the 7th round Finally, on day three of the Draft, keep an eye on USC linebacker Eric Gentry. The final round is where a ton of linebackers are selected because they are often seen as potential special teams pieces and that could be Genrty's ticket into the NFL. The lanky 6-foot-6, 215-pounder lacks prototypical size for an NFL linebacker. However, some players of that build, like Markquese Bell of the Dallas Cowboys have carved out a niche for themselves as finesse linebackers on Sundays. Gentry's speed could prompt a team to take a flyer on him late in the seventh round. If that happens, he will have an opportunity to be a special teams contributor and make an NFL roster.
  13. I can live with Murphy and Kneeland. Strengthen what was a so-so pass rush last season
  14. Maybe you guys missed this?? 45 yards down the field isn’t a problem at all…
  15. True but fact is Penix Jr is a better passer and has more arm talent in terms of throwing downfield and making tight window throws consistently, also could be just as good of an athlete based on his 40 time and vertical. As for Nix he is no question bigger and stronger than McCarthy and no question has better short area control of the football and a better quicker release as well with far better ability to run the football. If I am Sam Darnold I hope they draft JJ McCarthy because if they get Maye, Nix or Penix Jr they will absolutely push him for that starting job where McCarthy not sure he would even come close to it. As for Minnesota being this perfect situation for a young QB, no question it is but that is compared to what, the Jets with Zach Wilson. The Vikings were still 10th worst in the NFL in sacks allowed this past year so all this talk of this amazing OL, sure they are good at the tackles on paper but their depth sucks and the interior is a question especially without that LG situation having any solution at the moment. But sure that is better than a lot of teams.
  16. Jimmy Ward looked pretty good there as he was a larger player, but thought K'won Williams played the position better. Oliver was no bueno. Lenior looked solid inside. If the quick guy can tackle and is physical in run fits, I wouldn't hate a guy there who was 5"11 190 like Lenior. I think finding a K'won type that can hit run fits is easier than finding a safety who can cover Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacua all day. Nickel is the new base defense, and it is a hard position to play in the 9ers scheme. I don't think of the defense in terms of traditional value, I think of which zone they occupy in the cover 3, and how (and with who) do they attack that part of the zone. 3rd WR's are more deadly than 2nd tight ends, so logically, it makes sense to place a higher priority on guys that cover the 3rd WR rather than hold up against the 2nd Tight end.
  17. Do you only perceive colors and basic shapes?
  18. This is beautiful. I am still intrigued by Edefuan Ulofoshio. He dropped T'Vondre Sweat five spots on the DL for the DUI. He makes Mekhi Wingo sound like Aaron Donald lite.
  19. This is more like a more recent line of thinking because its driven far more analytically on the value of production in roster building. Hitting on an OT is far more valuable than hitting on a Nickelback and because of that, you don't have to hit on them as often to make it worth because of the difference in salary. The draft is a gamble. Outdated thinking is taking a full back in round 1 or 2. 3 of the top 5 picks in a draft being running backs, etc. The difference between Lenoir and the outside corner is less than the difference between Lenoir and the backup slot corner. That doesn't really have anything to do with what position is more valuable, but rather how you're getting the best out of the roster you have. If i have a tackle who can play center, and I decide to move him to center because I have a weakness there and a really good swing tackle, that doesn't mean center is as valuable as tackle. Or we could have drafted Joey Porter and been just fine. The draft is a gamble. Branch could have sucked lol. And generally, prospects have tiers. There isn't a nickel back in this draft that is substantially better than anyone who is going to be there at 31, so when you're at that point, positional value definitely matters. There is a point, as you go through the draft, where I do agree that this becomes less important. If you have a slot corner graded as a 6.4, and you're next best player on the board is a 6.1, sure, go for it. But if I have a slot corner at 6.4 and outside corner at 6.35, I'll probably take the latter. This is actually pretty similar to when I have a prospect who doesn't meet a certain threshold. There's a point where I'll take that person, but they have to be the best player on my board pretty clearly. Yes and no. In this age, a lot of wide receivers play kind of everywhere. Even Kupp played a third of his snaps outside of the slot. This is quite a bit more intermingled than a true slot corner. You can also run your offense through a slot receiver no differently than an outside receiver. Generally speaking a slot corner is a slot corner. He's not doing much else. IF they have more versatility or you think they have versatility, that changes the game. Good example of that is Dejean in this draft. I just said I don't think I'd take safety / nickel corner in the first in part because there is little value there. Woudl have to be a special prospect. I've also said that Dejean is probably a safety at the next level. But i think he could play outside zone off coverage, I think he could be big nickel (wouldn't have him little nickel) and he's basically just a chess piece for me. That has value for me.
  20. Now that we have seen the uniforms, we have stuff we can talk about. GOOD I love pretty much everything about the blue jersey combo. My only critique is the holes (whether real or faked) in the numbers. I'd have preferred these to be solid. This looks like it was pulled out of the Barry days. They did a great job updating the silver helmet and the (up until today) recent stripe while adding white to it. They have all of the pieces to do a true "throwback" without a major adjustment - swap out the logo and helmet stripe and you're basically there. The block white numbers look fantastic. The white looks super clean and even better when worn by the players. It's a cohesive uniform. The white is to be worn away from home so I kind of get why they are putting "Detroit" on it. The blue and white pants don't appear to have a stripe. Only the silver appears to have the northwestern stripe to match the jersey and helmet. BAD Not a lot. I'd probably have liked to see stripes on the pants for more of a 'complete' or 'finished' look. You could argue against the 'Detroit' on the chest of the white jersey (then again, some people might argue it's TOO plain". UGLY I wasn't in favour of adding black back into the mix. It's fortunate that this was only applied to the alternate uniform. So we've swapped out the silver/gray for black. We're getting a bit too close to the Panthers look in my opinion. They've tweaked the blue alternate helmet. This has to be worn with the black alternate jerseys only. They're only allowed to wear their alternate uniforms for a maximum of 3 games (that includes a classic/throwback). The black/silver striping and logo just doesn't jive very well with the blue. If they did a version of the blue that included a chrome facemask and a chrome silver logo of the new bubbles (example below - not part of this real set) and added a 3rd helmet in black (see example below - also not real), then it could be a pretty cool set. The Lions could (probably not ideal but could) lose the 'Thanksgiving' classic unis and designate their white jerseys as their "colour rush" to pair with the blue helmet for a couple games like the Bengals have done. OVERALL I love the primary uniforms and the looks we're going to see the most - the blue over silver just looks right; the white over blue looks really sharp; the white over white is super clean. The black jerseys on their own don't look bad but the helmet isn't a great look but we only have to see those a couple times. Other than the alternates, they won't have to change these for the next 10 years. THESE ARE NOT PART OF THE OFFICIAL UNIFORM
  1. Load more activity