All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Other Games Thread Week #6

Hope so... So they'll have 4 players commanding over 100m of cap, with no first round picks until 2022? There's a lot of risk...imagine if one of them got injured, and there's no depth? 100m down the drain probably. If the OL issues totally torpedo their season (which CAN and does happen) - that's over 100m down the drain. They're going to have zero flexibility later, and may have to trade one of those big players. Brave moves.
  3. Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

Yes he was... I remember Maycock (sic) or someone at the NFL network had him as a top 100 draft pick- like 80th or something. Kiper had him as 5th or 6th round pick. He may have been his best available player at the end the draft... He also had an excellent career at Iowa St. Myself, I was with the people that thought he was a tweener WR/TE. It's why he didn't get drafted. It's looking like I may have been wrong, which would be great. I saw a real good breakdown on the WR's from a guy that does that kinda stuff. His breakdown was real positive on Lazzard, poor on Kumerow and inconclusive on Shepherd (which surprise me. I thought his evaluation would have been poor). Long story short with Lizzard is he's a big guy with huge hands and can really jump, but he's a 4.6 speed guy... What makes him overcome his 4.6 speed is legitimately plays faster than that and is quick in his cuts (look at his out route in Monday's game). Because he's so big and can jump so well, DB's have to respect him deep. When DBs are off him, he has the cutting ability to get open. The comp this guy came up with was a taller Dez Bryant. That's not a projection, it's just a comp. A comp I'm starting to see a a little bit myself.
  4. Chris Harris Jr Trade?

Woww did not see this from you lol. Glass half empty kinda person with this. I love what the Jags got, you're not taking the full context into consideration here or the recent events. Ramsey met with the owner to patch things up, and still missed the next game. That relationship was fractured the fact that they still got two fists, and a 4th was surprising. They can turn those picks into 6 picks if they wanted to trade down into the top of the second. And yes, no player most likely will be Ramsey but it's the cumulative effect controlling draft position, and other gains. Rams got their Talib in Wades scheme wouldn't be surprised to see him cover Kittle in that division. The only way this trade fully works for them is if it ends in a superbowl trophy at some point soon 2-3 years. Ramsey will resign because it's L.A. and if he matures as a player and person it could pay dividends. I just think the Rams roster oline wise and defensively are declining at a more rapid rate than this move helps them but I get the move.
  5. I alluded to this in another post this is a win now deal. But thing is I don’t think they the Rams knows his absolute disgust about playing on that rookie deal. They think Jalen is going to be a good get because he is still on his rookie deal. They may smooth him over by playing a scheme he is more comfortable with, and the lure of off the field marketing.. but he could still potential hold out this coming off season. It won’t last long if they implement fines. But defensively they can be tweaked with this upgrade, unfortunately that’s not this teams main problem it’s to the health of that line and Gurley. Without those key components the Rams could being to erode similar to how our season fell apart last yr. Who knows maybe Wade cooks up something with the defense and the can create turnovers but I’m not seeing it. It’s a lot of teams out west with pretty solid teams top to bottom. Rams could essentially become Jags west of last yr. So all in all Ramsey could back peddle into a worse situation since it’s all about winning. 😏 😒 But now I have anxiety about the Jags screwing up these picks.
  6. General News and Notes

I do love Williams but I'm not sure we should deal a 1st and a massive contract for him. Also it might not be enough either
  7. AFC South Discussion Thread

Finally! Maybe we can be done with this argument that Mariota is any good at all
  8. You Have 24 Hours

I've seen a lot of movies but there are also plenty I haven't seen. It's all about that google fu.
  9. Around the League: 2019 Edition

Wow two 1st round picks for Ramsey. Glad we stayed away. Great player but we need the picks
  10. The Rams Watch: Move On Up

Looks at the schedule....crap
  11. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Technically yes but I would think at least 2 teams out of the NFC North make it
  12. Prescott seeking $40m/yr

It all starts with the HC getting his team ready.
  13. Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

Yeah, he is... He just doesn't have NFL talent. The two throws from Monday that highlighted his lack of talent were the back shoulder throw and the throw in the end zone. He was unable to make adjustments to get to the ball.
  14. It's not even really Goff. He's the same mediocre guy he's always been. It's that their OLine hasn't been good, and they can't run the ball worth anything. If you can't do that to set the game up easy for Goff like they did when he's been successful, it's gonna go badly. We've seen more than enough of what Bortles looks like if he's not having easy completions tee'd up by a robust running game too though. It's not any better.
  15. ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

? It's not a matter of "my team's left more RISP than yours" I'm one of those talking - as I'm sure you would be if you'd lost two very winnable games after HOU had failed (as you mention above) to get a simple hit in the clutch. Unlike NYY, HOU has come thru just enough to win these games. Its really nothing more than that. The NYY simply have to hit better.
  16. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Next 4 games kind of makes it hard to even go 3-1. They should go 4-0 but I hope you're right. Really hoping those picks aren't in playoff range
  17. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

We better freakin pay him now
  18. ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

You play them one at at time and each game other than the first has been nip and tuck / could go either way with a clutch hit (or pitch) here or there.
  19. NFL News & Notes

Will we still be thinking this when Jalen Ramsey intercepts Tom Brady and returns it for a TD to win the superbowl 7-3?
  20. have u seen how bad goff has been playing
  21. The Other Games Thread Week #6

Yep. It's a treading water move as they traded Peters away and put Talib on IR (although the latter move probably doesn't harm them too much). I don't get it form a money point of view. Ramsey is surely going to be a lot more expensive than Peters and they will be in cap difficulties very soon. They shouldn't be in win now mode because they are 3-3 and will struggle to get to the playoffs. Beginning of the end for McVey-mania?
  22. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Liked because you said 'mate'.
  23. Today
  24. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Exactly. An elite CB is hugely valuable...but fundamentally, you don't build a championship team around one. Especially not one who is about to run off their Rookie Deal value and command absolutely huge money. There's just a cap on how much an individual CB can impact the game as a whole. It's a position that has become very scheme specific, and where you can use that scheme to "hide" or "enhance" less well-rounded DBs and flatter them with strong DLine play and the right deployment to their strengths. It's more than that though. Chance any of those two 1st round picks becomes a better player than Jalen? Slim to none. Odds those two players combined end up with a net impact comparable to Jalen as a CB...more plausible. You add in the fact those two 1st round picks combined are probably going to cost less than half of what Jalen does...with 5 potential years of control, and that's a pretty big value addition in this transaction. Amen. You've got a proven pattern here...where Jalen will abstain and make up "injuries" and dawdle around, if he doesn't get what he wants. What in this whole fiasco makes anyone think this is a guy who is going to play on a 5th year option, or even a Franchise Tag? He's hinted pretty clearly at the fact he's going to set an entirely new benchmark for CB pay scale, or he's not going to play. It very well might even be beyond that sort of number, and impinging on the "highest paid defensive player" sort of territory.
  25. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

I think the bolded is a hugely underrated aspect of this trade. The Jaguars aren't just getting a couple 1st round picks and a mid-rounder for Jalen...they're getting maybe $20M of future cap flexibility too. Not that Jalen was ever re-signing in Jacksonville in the first place...but people acting like the Rams acquired a bargain deal are really only going to be right for this year. It's just going to skyrocket from there. Funny how you've embraced the "Jalen is a distraction" sort of thing now. After defending him for so long, and denying it was an issue. But it's a legit problem. He's got one heck of an ego on him, and absolutely craves the spotlight and attention. Now on top of it, he's got an agent who is banking on Jalen's new deal basically buying him a private island or something...it's not something you can just ignore. He is an elite CB, but yeah...it's been pretty well established that DBs don't win championships...and Jalen alone isn't the guy who dragged that Jaguars team to an AFC Championship game. That defensive front was the real superstar as a group. Along with the rest of the secondary around Jalen being top tier as well. As was Fournette being a horse.
  26. Nostalgic/Throwback games chat thread

I've been watching old Montana film. Amazing how lately it seems ANY playoff game I want to find, I can on YT with ease. Wasn't the case only 2-3 years ago. Even plenty of regular season matchups are on YT, pretty much every single one from the 21st century that anyone would want to watch. Unfortunately quality is usually poor unless its' an NFL upload, but to be expected. I didn't realize how fast Joe was, I knew he could move in the pocket but quite a few plays he'll take off for the 1st and turn the jets on and he looks as fast as prime Rodgers to me.
  27. Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched

@SkippyX .....reinforcement!
  1. Load more activity