All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The overvaluation of compensatory picks is mind boggling.
  3. Agree with this, especially when it comes to us (as the top prize for these QBs in the non-Caleb division). Kingsbury was something like 90% of his snaps out of the shotgun with Kyler. And then you’ve got other teams who are seeking, like MIN and NYG, who have sat at something like 2/3 of their snaps in shotgun. Hard to say for sure what Van Pelt will do in NE, given that he was basically just a figurehead OC under Stefanski, but CLE was about 2/3 in the shotgun last year. DEN is probably the one team that’s an even split between the two. Probably hard to justify spending too much time trying to focus on taking snaps under center when that’s never going to be a priority for the teams looking at drafting you.
  4. Some interesting variance in owner reactions to receiving poor grades on the NFLPA report card. PIT (28): It doesn't get presented to us, it gets presented to the media, so as far as I'm concerned it's a media opportunity for the Players Association as opposed to a serious effort of constructive criticism. NE (29): Kraft said the team plans on working on a new $50 million workout facility and believes the lack of team daycare is an “easy fix” per MassLive’s Mark Daniels. KC (31): Hunt finally had a chance to defend himself over the locker room grade this week, and according to the owner, he never promised the players that the locker room would be getting a renovation. WAS (32): We’re trying to make a lot of changes very quickly,” Harris said. “Obviously, it starts with the NFL player community is a small community. The NFL coach community is a small community. We want to be a place where everyone says, ‘That’s a great place to be.’ Therefore, we need to upgrade that facility. I think we can probably see which teams will be staying near the bottom of these rankings.
  5. I wonder if the Chiefs would bite on Zach Wilson? They don't have much behind Mahomes. Of course, they don't need much behind Mahomes, but perhaps they prefer someone who has actually played in the NFL (not well, mind you) over a raw rookie. Here is to hoping!
  6. Hey guys. Some teams left to grab. Not the Jets. I'm doing that one, heaven help me. But I know a bunch of you often take diff teams. There are a bunch left.
  7. Can you 3 please figure out who is the Packers GM for this mock? And please feel free to grab a diff team or a second team. Thanks guys.
  8. But that's thing....we don't know how good some are and a third of the league's potentially comparable QBs is missing a bunch of games from an already limited sample size. We don't give them the benefit of the doubt, but you also can't really assume that they would be worse either. It's just really difficult to have honest discourse about where Goff stands statistically when so many guys are missing substantial chunks of data. I'm certainly not going to strongly argue against someone taking Kyler, Kirk, Brock or even Tua over Goff, even if I wouldn't in some instances. You could use rate stats, but smaller samples would also make those prone to more volatility and inaccuracies (both good and bad). I think Goff is mostly similar to the guy he was with the Rams, to be honest. These last two years he hasn't really been any better statistically than he was 17-18 for the Rams. This was by far his best post season performance, however. 17-18 rams: 31 games, 63.6%, 8492 yards (274/g), 60 td (5.8%), 1.8% int rate, 8.2 yards per attempt, 7.7 any/a, 100.8 rating. 22-23 Lions: 34 games, 66.2%, 9013 yards (265/g), 59 td (4.9%), 1.6% int rate, 7.6 yards per attempt, 7.22 any/a, 98.6%. The way he is playing now has always been in his range of values and right now he's clocking the top end of that. In between those two year stretches he has 3 really, really mediocre years which was really kind of the bottom of his range where Derek Carr was much better than he was. Do I think he's turned a corner or something? No, not really. I think he's operating within his known parameters so far...we just kind of forgot about it because it had been 3 years. Statistically, he's been very good the last two years (well, at least in a dome). Is he a top 10 guy? He has an argument, but truthfully, so do a bunch of other guys, I think. Year in, year out those guys can really vacillate. Sometimes they are QB 8 in a given year or two, something they may be QB 14
  9. Being this late really sucks, especially with Byes being over. I gotta think that two out of the four teams will play the following Thursday night game while the other two play the previous Thursday night game to try to balance out the rest part. Knowing the league, I could see them putting the whole NFCE into the Christmas games, making it easier to set up the opponents either the week before or after, especially since they love late divisional matchups. Something along the lines of Christmas Day/Night Game 1 Washington vs New York Game 2 Philly vs Dallas. Dallas plays the Giants the following Thursday. Washington plays the Eagles the TNF game the week prior.
  10. I won’t argue against the principle, but… the other side of the spectrum is even worse.
  11. Honestly, as far as H-Back shenanigans go, we might as well keep developing Pearson. Experiment with Dillon in short range, sure why not. Find a Ben Sinnot in the draft? Kay, but I'll admit I don't see anything that makes me think he'll be better than Deguara was. I'm not really finding anything in this draft class or in the FA market that makes me think the H-Back spot will be potentially anything other than a ST-Only spot, in other words, every FB type we've had since John Kuhn retired.
  12. Random, useless, strictly hypothetical thought of the day: other than a RB, if Gute wanted to add another weapon to the offense they don't already have, who would best fit the bill? I'm thinking Brock Bowers (or Ben Sinnott later in the draft). Again, I'm NOT advocating trading up to get Bowers. Just that we still have a month of this waiting and speculating on the Packers draft, and I wanted to throw up something different just for fun discussion.
  13. So, how much longer is it then until Buxton gets hurt...he's also always hurt.
  14. I don’t mind having a down period. I like how our league doesn’t keep doing waivers and even stops trades for a while. But people can’t talk? That’s silly and impossible to enforce. You can’t make an actual deal, sure, but how can you say people can’t talk? Did something happen that I missed? Some of the stuff lately seems super random compared to previous years. What happened to this being a league where everyone has a say? It takes 16 of us for it to work.
  15. I think he's getting some late 1st round buzz. He'll be drafted at some point day 2.
  16. I know we need a QB but too many other holes on the roster, coincidentally from trading premium picks for a QB and a coach
  17. Bowers is around the same height/weight as George Kittle, Sam Laporta, Dalton Kincaid, and Trey McBride. Sure his main usage will be as a receiver and threat with the ball in his hands, but it would be disingenuous to say he can’t be used as a blocker in a similar way that George Kittle has shown they are both around 6’3” 245lbs. Bowers has shown he has the strength and physicality needed to more than hold his own as a blocker when asked to with Georgia.
  18. That’s what I’m saying. When he can just stand there yes he’s deadly but what NFL level QB couldn’t? He just scares the crap out of me with his play style and the fact he doesn’t throw well moving. i also love orlavski talking about the rules protecting QB’s. There’s no rules when he takes off and that is where he looks like a crash test dummy getting hit
  19. I'm supposed to know something after two drafts, one of which featured giving up a pick for a great TE?
  20. How would this be their fault? The dude is hurt every year......sometimes stuff just happens.
  1. Load more activity