All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. General Season Talk

Or because the Redskins are generally just a bad organization (i.e. Trent Willams, Sua Cravens) and Foster tweeted out against the Redskins in December. He was cut then, but they waited until the summer to do it. $4mil for a 30yr old thumper isn't worth, but he could be for $1.5 like Zach Brown. Agree to disagree. Need an upgrade at ILB before season starts.
  3. Better 2019 season:Dak Prescott vs Nick Foles

I went with Dak.
  4. Name Your Favorite Team's Defensive Anchor & Lockdown Defender

Defensive Anchor: Clint Capela Lockdown defender: PJ Tucker Tucker is by far the heart and sole of our defense, but we fall apart when we dont have Capela protecting the rim. When hes not playing well on D, the team is not playing well on D. Tucker always brings it, even when we bottom half in the league in defense. When we are playing top 5 D, its because Capela is altering plays.
  5. 2020 Draft Thread

I agree with you that this is true - they did likely draft McG to eventually move to LT. But if they draft a guy they like enough moving forward, they can leave McGlinchey on the right side.
  6. The Official 'Grade My Draft' Thread

Yeah, I wasn't high on Dalvin a month ago, but listening Dr. Jesse Morse and talking to a buddy of mine who lives in Minnesota and who's more in-tune with the Vikings than I am made me feel a lot more comfortable about taking him. I still understand that there is a higher injury risk with him though. Some of the WRs right now on the wire that interest me are.... 1. Tyrell Williams 2. Courtland Sutton 3. Kenny Stills 4. Mohamed Sanu 5. Quincy Enunwa Anyone you see as a must add?
  7. NFL network: Jaylon Smith new deal

Let this guy keep proving everyone wrong. I love it!! I dont want to jinx the guy and buy his Jersey though. Lol
  8. Dolphins extend WR Jakeem Grant

Seems like a good player, I remember hearing some talk about him last year.
  9. I would actually love to see them go for it and have Vedvik do both, but that won't happen. Otherwise, I think the safest bet is to have Bailey kick and Vedvik punt. I don't trust Wile to be consistent enough.
  10. Ryan Allen released

Except Gost doesnt suck... He isnt worth the contract he has but the alternative is being on of those teams with a revolving door of mediocrity. The league has made it harder on Kickers and I'd rather a guy I know can make the tough kicks, the long kicks, even if he has been middle of the pack percentage wise.
  11. You Are Wrong About Lamar Jackson - Warren Sharp

Going to be interesting to see Jackson this year. I have the Ravens winning the division so I expect Jackson to be somewhat productive.
  12. Propose A Trade For John Wall

They couldnt trade Wall, Beal is worth keeping and they know they are going to suck. Theres no sense in paying the tax and missing the playoffs.
  13. Before we rehash the "Venom still made a boatload of money" argument, maybe we can do a TL:DR post, before it spirals into pages.... 1. Venom did make 850M worldwide. But worldwide profit returns aren't close to 1:1, much lower returns. As such, domestic successes have a much bigger impact. No argument that it made money, but it's not nearly the runaway success as when a movie's domestic box office soars above production & marketing costs. As Venom cost about 100M to make, usually it's doubled for advertising/marketing/other, the 200M costs were barely matched by the domestic take of 213M. The international $ was the profit, but the margins were much, much smaller. And that makes for bigger concerns with sustainability of a franchise, when the opening chapter in planned trilogy/series doesn't create an automatic domestic winner. 2. Venom also made a ton of $ being front-loaded domestically, and from international sales. That's another major warning flag to movie studios for future chapters. Basically, the need to see if the Venom franchise could take off sold it to NA audiences. It made 50 percent of its entire domestic earnings in the first week. That's a major warning flag for any sequels. Now, I know someone is going to point out the mega-movies are front-loaded too - fair point. But their gross totals were so much higher, and well above production costs, that doubling up on 300-400M Week 1 is a lot more impressive than doubling up on a 50-100M week 1. Now, the lure of the hero franchise reigns supreme - so it's absolutely a risk worth taking. It's why Suicide Squad 2 is going for it with James Gunn, and why Sony is sticking to its guns. But man, using the "Venom made $" argument is the classic "true for that movie...but doesn't say anything reassuring for a sequel". I mean, Independance Day & Starship Troopers (which actually gets unfair reviews IMO, but that's another story) made a ton of $...but the sequels bombed hard. IIRC they had the same issues above, and why execs pulled the plug on franchise starters when they show the same problems. OK, that wasn't a TL:DR post, but hopefully it avoids pages of the prior "domestic vs. international" box-office arguments...lol.
  14. Vince Williams' time with Steelers over?

Honestly this is something that frustrates me. I feel like the FO settles too often for 'what we have' at positions rather than making changes and trying to get something out of prospects that are available to us. I get that's normal across the league and that a prospect isnt necessarily better than experienced talent, but for example, Sutton Smith likely doesnt even make the roster, could we have drafted a safety? Maybe not, maybe there was nothing more promising than Smith and that's fine. Maybe Tre Boston? Idk I'm just saying it feels they settle for mediocrity often, too often.
  15. I only watched the Bottom half of the 8th after 2 outs and the 9th. I feel like that was a good amount of game to watch.
  16. Extensions Coming.

https://twitter.com/AaronLemingNFL/status/1164165089034768384?s=20
  17. Training Camp/Pre-Season

he might have more capital than we think. The moves we have made in the front office seem to indicate that BOB has a lot of sway in the organization, I've not seen anything to point to BOB being on the hot seat in the least. As for Kalil, i still think if hes truly healthy, hes out best LT for this season.
  18. Vince Williams' time with Steelers over?

Well here’s what changed my take on it too: Colbert publicly admitting that was the case last year. I used to chop it up to they had too many needs to prioritize improving on that area. But it hit the point imo where it wasn’t trying to catch up, but they were tricking themselves into it was fine at spots.
  19. What movie are you watching?

Yea, if the movie is boring enough that you're urged to pull your phone out while watching, that is a problem with the movie.
  20. Texans vs Lions - Preseason Game 2

I have stated this exact thing multiple times. our coach sucks, our organizational leadership is terrible and yet we have a chance to win the division because we have the best QB/WRs combo and defensive front 7 in football. yall have gotten so sensitive to people displeased with things. When did FF become a place for only fans who are happy? If you cant call out negative things, you arent even a real fan, you are a homer.
  21. Yup, I'd put money on that, not Sony/Disney type of money, if I had that I'd be running the MCU, but a small amount of money. Sony doing Spider-Man would work fine, however, the returns would diminish over time and probably fairly quickly as right now it has a slot in MCU movie line-up, in the future it would just be another super hero movie to watch. I get why both of them are doing this though. Marvel didn't have a good deal getting 5% of the gross and merchandising. And 50% of the gross is unreasonable for Sony to accept, I suspect in the end it will be some deal around 20% that Marvel gets, that makes it worthwhile for them and makes it very worthwhile for Sony.
  22. 2[44]: Elgton Jenkins [OC; Miss State]

Haha, I love how AG20 is super young but already a "get off my lawn" grumpy old man.
  23. What movie are you watching?

Gary Oldman kinda ripped into fans who didn't like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. He said it's not a movie for this generation. You can't watch it with your phone out, you can't talk, you just have to really dive in and give it your full attention. As the biggest Gary Oldman fan possibly ever, I can safely say he's full of it. I didn't touch my phone once and I was bored and confused throughout that entire movie. Gary was amazing in it (as he is in every movie he actually tries), but the movie was boring as **** and not very easy to follow, either.
  24. Propose A Trade For John Wall

And now they've paid Thomas Bryant, who some people say is the worst defensive center of all-time.
  25. The WR battle of 2019

Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Laquon Treadwell has been fined $28,075 for an illegal blindside block against the New Orleans Saints, according to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer-Press. On the penultimate on the first half of last week’s first preseason game, Treadwell delivered a blindside block to Saints safety Chris Banjo as he chased tight end Irv Smith Jr. The banning of blindside blocks was among the highlighted points made in the league’s preseason officiating video presented to each team during training camp. Banjo was laterally chasing Smith along the sideline when Treadwell, who had a run a route deeper downfield, doubled back and blasted Banjo in the direction of the Vikings own end line, which is a textbook violation of the rule. Treadwell: “I made a terrible play in the game, that was dumb of me. I hurt the team. That’s something I’ve got to change. I’ve just got to clean that up and play a little smarter, protect guys out there, save a little money in the back end, and make plays.” https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/21/report-laquon-treadwell-fined-for-illegal-block-against-saints/
  26. NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

I've thought that since the first time that it was projected that they would win the division. They aren't ready for the limelight yet. Of course, I thought the similar thing about the Rams a season ago. But, at least that team had a lot of veteran players...I'm not sure the Browns have that type of veteran leadership. I guess we'll wait and see. I don't necessarily think they're going 5-11 or 6-10...but I don't think they're going 11-5 or 12-4 either. I think they're a 7-9 team.
  1. Load more activity