All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Los Angeles Rams Select 154 - Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane 155 - Dylan McMahon, C, N C State @cortes02 is otc
  3. Over a lengthy period of time, I've been running simulations with me picking for the Chiefs and the computer picking for the Packers. No trades were made during this study. Here are the final results. #25. Packers select: Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma PASS BLOCKING: 80% RUN BLOCKING: 67% Exceptional frame and build, standing at 6'7" and 328 pounds, ideal for the physical demands of an NFL offensive tackle. Displays superior athleticism for his size, with nimble footwork that allows for effective engagement and maneuverability against defenders. Impressive explosiveness off the snap, especially in run blocking, showcasing the ability to open lanes and dominate in the run game. Exhibits a broad range as a puller, adept at navigating to secure running lanes and displaying a notable capacity for movement in open space. Powerful in his engagement with defenders, utilizing his length and burst to effectively control and overpower the opposition. Consistently maintains balance and leverage, crucial for re-anchoring and sustaining blocks against powerful defensive efforts. Capable of precise and disciplined pass protection, managing depth and alignment to effectively neutralize pass rush threats. Demonstrates a high level of technical skill in pass sets, yielding control and power application that sets him apart. #41. Packers select: Chris Braswell LB/Edge Alabama TACKLING: 80% PASS RUSH: 94% RUN DEFENSE: 72% COVERAGE: 73% In coverage, Braswell shows excellent awareness and anticipation when dropping back into zone, and he has the fluidity and speed to run with most tight ends over the middle. Braswell shows good quickness off the line of scrimmage and flashes the violent hands to win around the edge. Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #10. He wrote "Braswell (13 tackles in 2021) is the biggest Freak. At 6-3, 243, he squats 705 pounds and power-cleaned 405 pounds this offseason. He also vertical-jumped 38.5 inches." Brings a dynamite combo of speed and power, sending offensive tackles reeling. Master's the art of the fork-lift technique, keeping that crucial outside arm free and in control. Quick on his feet, making those horizontal shifts look easy and keeping O-lines guessing. More than just a body in zone coverage, showing keen field awareness. First step off the line is like a shot, consistently gaining the upper hand. Sharp run design instincts, reading plays like an open book. Brings more than just bulk at 255 pounds – this guy's power is dense, like a coiled spring. Athleticism isn't just a trait; it's his game plan, always one step ahead. Field work ethic is off the charts – Braswell doesn't just play; he owns the field. #57. Packers select: Caelen Carson CB Wake Forest QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 95.7 TACKLING: 71% RUN DEFENSE: 82% COVERAGE: 74% ZONE: 70% MAN/PRESS: 73% #88. Packers select: Mike Sainristil CB Michigan QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 77.2 TACKLING: 68% RUN DEFENSE: 78% COVERAGE: 86% ZONE: 77% MAN/PRESS: 85% #91. Packers select: Christian Haynes C/RG UConn PASS BLOCKING: 87% RUN BLOCKING: 83% #125. Packers select either: Michael Pratt QB Tulane RELEASE SPEED: 79% SHORT PASSING: 68% MEDIUM PASSING: 79% LONG PASSING: 86% RUSH/SCRAMBLE: 72% Tommy Eichenberg LB Ohio St. TACKLING: 86% PASS RUSH: 74% RUN DEFENSE: 81% COVERAGE: 68% #169. Packers select: Garrett Greenfield T S. Dakota St. PASS BLOCKING: 95% RUN BLOCKING: 65% #200. Packers select: Tykee Smith S Georgia QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 58.5 TACKLING: 73% RUN DEFENSE: 77% COVERAGE: 86% ZONE: 82% MAN/PRESS: 85% #216. Packers select: Johnny Dixon CB Penn St. QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 66.3 TACKLING: 55% RUN DEFENSE: 63% COVERAGE: 72% ZONE: 71% MAN/PRESS: 70% #218. Packers select: Justin Rogers DT Auburn TACKLING: 71% PASS RUSH: 66% RUN DEFENSE: 73% #244. Packers select: Richard Jibunor LB Troy TACKLING: 75% PASS RUSH: 80% RUN DEFENSE: 77% COVERAGE: 68% #254. Packers select: Trey Taylor S Air Force QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 51.6 TACKLING: 70% RUN DEFENSE: 68% COVERAGE: 83% ZONE: 71% MAN/PRESS: 81%
  4. @champ11 I need a broncos draft edition on the rocks podcast.
  5. Curious - if this is your opinion of Penix and you believe the draft shakes out with 4 QBs gone top 4, with no real chance for the Raiders to get in on the action - how would you go about addressing QB? As I know you feel like now is the time to go get a QB…
  6. Patrick Smith. Redshirt freshman. 5'9'' 184. Safety. Per their website. And I thought the same thing you did, who the heck is that guy? He's moving!
  7. Roseman for me There are far too many behind-the-scenes variables for us to accurately judge how a GM is performing. But his ability to repeatedly finesse the rest of the league and play double-dutch with the cap really stands out.
  8. Assuming that we cannot get one of the top 3 WR's.....my vote would be for Brian Thomas, WR. Pure vertical threat. Reasons: Watson's injury history. And, if Watson isn't injured, just how can you cover Reed and our Te's if you have both Watson and Thomas on the field running deep routes? And if I cannot have him? The next weapon that I want is JPJ. Mauler inside, and probably an elite center for the next decade. Myers can go fight Rhyan for RG for one year. JPJ's tape just looks different than anyone else who plays inside. And the guy just flat out moves people.
  9. Medicals are obviously the biggest thing for Latu. that being said, he has played two years of high level ball since he came back, which helps alleviate some of the concern. Jaelen Phillips has the same neck issue and he's had no problems with in in Miami - not saying Latu wouldn't because of phillips, but it's a data point
  10. I am livid but out of spite, will not get it and just miss week one. 🖕NFL🖕
  11. No they didn't https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-tomlin-omar-khan-skip-out-on-thursdays-pro-days/
  12. To make it simple, it basically works like this: Hypothetically: 28 Teams have Caleb QB1. 4 Teams have Maye QB1. 0 Teams have Daniels QB1. but... If that first pick goes as expected, now you might have: 4 Teams have Maye QB1. 30 Teams have Daniels QB2. 2 Teams have McCarthy QB2. The math ain't add up, but it still maths if you think about draft logic. Odds suggest that the team holding the Actual #2 Pick is probably one of that bulk that favors Daniels. So he's the pick. Especially when the specific team has shown indications that they might prefer that style of QB and a "riser" in the draft. Doesn't even have to be that extreme either. At the end of the day...it's like trying to sus out the 2018 draft on a smaller scale. Where things were all over the place with the QBs. It's such an all or nothing position where you either like a guy Top-5...or you don't really like them that much.
  13. NO TRADE MOCK Ill throw this in here for safe keeping 13) Mike Penix Jr / QB / Washington I would trade down but in this one im not taking any chances. If he can stay healthy he can get guys the rock. Imo most pro ready qb. We have the targets to have him continue to put up #'s 44) Max Melton / CB / Rutgers My fav cb in the draft very pro ready good size great technique plug and play 77) Brenden Rice / WR / Usc sleeper who gets to learn behind adams and will take over once adams is gone 112) Javon Foster / OT / Mizzo all the measurables with great sec experience has played both rt and lt 148) Jaylen Wright / RB / Tenn could end up being the starter if not great c.o.p. rb 208) Charles Turner / IOL / Lsu played OC and OG great depth with sec experience 223) Darius Muasau / LB/DE / Ucla played opposite of a stud and wasnt too shabby. depth guy 229) Frank Crum / OT / Wyoming Worth a flyer could surprise like Mumford very experienced RT
  14. I do think he is in general a little flamboyant for my taste but I and many others will definitely be willing to overlook that if he plays like I think he will. As long as it doesn't become a distraction or a sideshow while he is playing poorly
  15. Just like many other things in history, the controversy over the kickoff's risk is not new...
  16. Granted a lot of this will be changed once we start doing things in FA after some restructures/cuts/etc. I've seen the rumor about Reddick and speculation about Danna. Wouldn't mind bringing in Akhello Witherspoon and John Johnson to add to the secondary. Wasn't there speculation that Troy Reeder would follow Morris?
  17. Eh, I will believe a trade into 7 before the draft when I see it and not a second before. 7 is far down enough that it’s impossible to assure that your trade target is there. Easy for another team to jump you, or if it’s for a QB, easy for the Giants to steal your thunder. Doesn’t make sense.
  18. 😆 😆 😆 That reads very similar to a Barton profile. The thing where i'd take issue is maybe the "foot quickness". I find Barton has good quickness, it's just that because of his lack of length, he's not as rangy with with it. Not just the reach, but physically doesn't gain the same depth or compensate back as quickly or easily in his footwork as an actual LT prospect. That's where i don't really see him holding up on the edge. But i don't think his real "quickness" is a problem. He just isn't able to cover enough ground with adjustments in space. I think his quickness is actually a plus with Barton. He moves suddenly, reads and reacts and moves quickly and does it all perfectly in balance...he just doesn't move quite as far as you'd like from a Tackle. I'd also maybe argue that his core strength is better as a prospect at least. Never really a weakness for Thuney as a Pro...but i'd also say it's not really a major weakness for Barton. I think it's a small part of where Center might be the better fit for Barton though. But depends on scheme really. He's not a guy with the mauling power to drive guys off in the run game like a "classic" Guard. That's where it probably comes down to scheme where he's best or most valuable to a team. But that's nitpicking. The overall profile definitely aligns with a guy like Thuney.
  19. Figured it was about time to start chatting (hopefully) about the upcoming draft/our picks. What are everyone's thoughts on pick 8 and beyond? Personally, I don't want to pick at 8 unless one of the top WRs are there. I know that seems unlikely, but if we are taking an EDGE or CB in the first (maybe even IDL), I'd prefer a smallish trade down like a swap at 15 for the Colts pick at the furthest. I see a scenario in which Odunze is there at 8 and the Colts start calling as Ballard loves his athletes. A trade would roughly be 15 and 46 for 8 and 109. Much more comfortable taking one of the defensive players there than at 8. I see another scenario where we make a smaller trade with the Vikings (say 11, 108, and 2025 4th maybe for 8?) in order for them to make their path to 3-5 more practical for the team they trade with, similar to the Eagles trade up for Wentz in 2016) If we stay at 8 and don't take the 3rd WR (if there), I don't have a lean when it comes to EDGE or CB, think I would prefer Newton to Murphy if we go IDL. At 43, Braswell, Robinson, or Kneeland at EDGE, Rakestraw or Melton at CB, maybe Jenkins at IDL, and I still think we need another receiver, so any of that tier of WR (Coleman, Piersall, McConkey, etc). 74 and 79, Trice or Ellis for EDGE, Ruke Orhorhoro or Michael Hall IDL, Paul or Amegadjie at OL, Polk at WR, and Hicks or Bullock at S. Maybe even take a swing at a QB here? Thoughts/Suggestions?
  20. I'm with you on Maye, I think he's been their target the whole time. Also like the under on 4.5 QBs in the first. Nix and Penix are definitely not st rounders to me But i don't trust Harbaugh to take Nabers at 5. I think he'd be OK with Palmer. QJ, 2nd-3rd round rookie, and a Tyler Boyd type. Seems like a spot for Alt imo Edit- I didn't see your last sentence there about Fuaga and LA lol
  21. I think we go WR if MHJ/Nabers/Odunze is there, but I’d feel a lot more comfortable not going DE in R1 had we done anything to bolster the position in FA, even if that anything was bringing in a rotational guy still out there like Ngakoue again, Carl Lawson or Ogbah. Verse is my guy but I can very much see Latu being Poles’ and Flus’ guy too if they’re good with the neck stuff. He’s the most refined pass rusher in the group and he has plenty of size (though average arm length).
  22. They should extend him in the 45 million a year range for 3-4 years and have a rotation of developmental backups behind him. I think Miami would be a good spot for Rattler or Pratt. And, under no circumstances do you give him a no trade clause.
  23. Not a fan of the trade. If the drop from 10 to 22 that is a very big drop. If I traded down it would be mid teens and grab an extra 2nd round pick this year.
  24. I think they’re trading down if Maye isn’t there.
  1. Load more activity