All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Saints regime is on its last legs. They're not picking a QB in the 1st. Seahawks have Geno and Howell: they aren't either.
  4. It's a decent way to go, but there is real risk in Wilson (multiple surgeries), Nubin (Speed and RAS in general), Shipley (lighter build and ball security are questions) and Maason Smith (durability and production in 2023). While Gute will take some risks, this looks like an all-in draft, with a high ceiling (if it works out) and a low floor (if the questions on players come to pass).
  5. Franklin McConkey ----- Leggette Pearsall Worthy Burton Polk ----- Wilson Coleman Corley The last three I wouldn't want for the Chiefs anyway as they wouldn't be good fits
  6. good draft overall for MN, I would have gone a different player here and there but overall liked the positions and concept. Value seemed to match well with my rankings for the most part. Not sure who D. Hardy is, I don't seem to have any notes on him, I ranked 50 CB's two of them from Penn state? Would love to learn more about him.
  7. I mean as much as I want nothing to do with drafting 2 Quarterbacks, at the end of the day we got Drake Maye some I'm chill with it.
  8. Saw it the other day, had a lot better view on it. Think the visuals were just your theater, it’s not a peak visual marvel or anything but that wasn’t an issue seeing it at a good screening. That sucks though, my old theater would be awful with some of that stuff. There are some cool shots. Action was pretty enjoyable, especially as the story grew. Which I didn’t realize would be the structure of it. Really enjoyed some of the tight editing and composition they used to layer them in the screen. Some cool techniques like using first person or pass throughs to put you in it. Far less of a ballet of fighting that Wick is. A little more loose and desperate I guess I’d describe it. The dialogue being hard to hear is fair, though they could’ve almost just not done any dialogue and the story would still work ha. Simple revenge tale, immersed in an interesting cultural spin to it that you don’t see a lot of outside of lighter Bollywood movies. Which is mostly what we get from there. I think most people who like rougher action films and/or Dev Patel will be happy with it. Peele getting on board helped get it a wide release but probably took away some of the zing it could’ve had as a cult action film.
  9. Its obviously possible but not worth it in trade capitol for the teams moving up either. In that quote I noted he would be there at 11 unless teams traded to jump us. Bears do need extra picks but ultimately may decide whatever playmaker is there at 9 is more valuable than the extra picks. I think Atlanta takes their top edge rusher at 8 and doesn't mess around. If someone does trade up and take McCarthy whom I have as the third best QB prospect in this draft then I really bang the table not to grab one at 11 and see what prospects are there later.
  10. Well done on this mock. definitely not the worst I have seen QBOTF and two guys who I think I have a good future in the league in the trenches
  11. Better. Always a fan of ring-sleeve stripes compared to none, and the 80s/90s logo always looked cool to me. They should keep these for a while.
  12. P.S I'm not saying the next two years IS THE Packers window, it is that the window for the next 2 years is A UNICORN for how cheap the offence will be, accounting for about 20% of cap. None of our competitors have a cap for offence that cheap. Once that expires our competitive advantage will be similar to that of our competitors where the offence cost will be around 50% of cap and that will be spent on QB, RB, re-signing at least one OT maybe 2, re-signing a couple of WRs and at least one TE if not both. While at the same time we'll have to let talent walk out of the door and hope we can replace it with draft picks, and even if we do it won't be cheap as it is over the next two years as we would have naturally re-resigned some of our own. So there!!!!
  13. You typically know when you're being traded or dangled in talks, it's rarely out of left field. An entire franchise uprooted. It's vastly different. And yeah, **** the players, right. I'm sure you'd be fine being uprooted if your company or law firm or business or restaurant or whatever just up and moved cities on ya.
  14. Partially I'm taking the piss but from the point of not filling need I think we have filled them, I have gone for positions that plug holes on our team. We need ILB starter/depth, we need a Safety starter, we need a swing tackle, we need a change of pace RB. DL is probably not needed over IOL starter/depth. But here I'm playing with the idea that Tom slides inside if Sua is any good. Genuinely interested which problems do you feel have not been addressed with these 5 picks? Apart from the positions taken I don't see other holes in our team.
  15. I agree with you. This article pretty much supports your feelings. It's a good read. https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/it-s-great-to-get-that-feedback-owner-ceo-greg-penner-pleased-with-improvements-in-nflpa-survey-as-broncos-continue-to-invest-in-player-experience
  16. Most places still have him ranked around #60, but I wouldn't hate the pick at #41 if the board fell a certain way.
  17. We added another kid a week or so ago also, Malcolm Roach. 5 year vet at DT. Nothing special but an experienced rotational guy.
  18. I am most curious what the meetings are like. How many hours with each? Same sessions with each or different? Maybe it is like one guy in the morning session, one guy afternoon.
  19. Anyone else think Fuaga could play FB? The guy moves in space really well.
  20. It would be wild but honestly getting paired up with a now healthy Kyler Murray is far from the worst situation he could hope to be in. Would be rough having Michael Wilson and Dortch to try and take pressure off him though. That being said I hope he went to AZ's 30 visit drunk. lol
  21. Well it's Amazon and not Netflix so I would guess it'll be coming back
  22. The difference is...VJax was actually a big, hugely physical jump-ball receiver. Wilson is...a tall guy who is very soft and extremely easy to disrupt. They're not the same at all. Fair enough. But i'm busy on a crusade against extremely poorly labeled charts like this. It doesn't even identify what the x-axis is. It could be miles per target for all i ****in' know. 😆 It's also just...kind of a weird metric that is very scheme and situation dependent. Was my bigger problem with it potentially.
  23. The thing is...tape of Nix at Auburn does still exist. And having watched him there, it's still part of the evaluation. Personally, i don't see it as negatively as a lot of people seem to...but it was so abundantly clear that he was in way over his head at that point. I actually kind of liked his potential at that point, as someone who could develop into a Baker Mayfield type player. A decade later, he still might. But i think it's weird the way a lot of Bo Nix fans act like we're supposed to just shelf the Auburn tape. Like...you want to see what Bo Nix looks like in a different offense? Throw on the Auburn tape. You want to see how Bo Nix reacts to major adversity and being throw into a situation where he's drowning a bit? Throw on the Auburn tape. When he gets tossed into the NFL as a Rookie QB...he's going to be in over his head again, and we've got tape of how that goes. It's...inconsistent at best and has him completely spinning down the drain at worst. Yes, i'm sure he's learned a lot and grown and developed more poise since then...but it still says something about the prospect, when you have tape to directly observe exactly how they come unraveled when things aren't great. That's not something that tends to change a lot. That's where...it's great that he found a system in Oregon that perfectly fit his skillset, surrounded by a ton of talent, great protection, top tier receiving talent, and a scheme that prioritized getting the ball out extra quick and at or around the LOS. But we also have tape of him in a different system and a much less "ideal" situation, and it's up at down if we're generous. That's where he's completely different than the JJ McCarthy "known unknowns". I mean...cool that he's moving alright and his rehab seems to be going well. But he's still short, and that clip really emphasizes that he has a low release point on top of that. Which is just compounding the problem. I do think he'll be drafted late, but he's a sort of "shot in the dark" who maybe becomes a backup if he can stay healthy sort of thing.
  1. Load more activity