All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 7PM Eastern, 4PM Pacific.
  3. Who do we get with our 2 #3s?

A couple names that are going to stick out to me or Byron Murphy Julian love the corner from Penn State whose name I cannot pronounce or spell. AJ Brown Hakeem Butler David sills in Miles Boykin. Having said that I could definitely see us using at least third in 1/6 or something to move up into the second round to select Chase winovich or greedy Williams
  4. 1st Round - 16 Booms/16 Busts

Both QBs, Gary and Jacobs will all be busts.
  5. 2019 NFL Draft Round 1 Talk

Hard pass on DK Metcalf. There's 10 WR I'd take before him.
  6. Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #32

I was lucky so far injuries are minor lost 3 SP and 1 OF but getting them back now. Guys starting to heat up at the plate finally getting warmer the truth is for these batters is coming 2 more weeks you should see who is good or faking it.
  7. 1(12): Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

Pros: The ceiling is legitimate. He was the number 1 recruit in the country coming out of high school for a reason. He's a great athlete, both with the timer and as far as pure natural athleticism. He fits the defense perfectly for what they're being asked to do. We're a team who's asking our Edge rushers to line up outside but play an inside gap with some frequency. Length and strength is the name of the game there. Gary has both. When his hands are there, he's absolutely unlockable in the run game. Teams were running a ton of zone read off of him to try and keep him occupied. He brings positional flexibility. In the long run his best spot is probably on the inside as a 3 or 5 Tech, but he can play on the edge as well if he can show consistency as a power rusher. He was playing at around 300 pounds in college with a fair amount of that being highschool babyfat. At Michigan he cleaned his body up and weighed in at 277 at the combine. What direction the Packers take his body will likely tell a lot about his future. If he can get back up to 300 even if half of the difference is bad weight, he'll have a future in the inside. If they attempt to keep him very lean, that probably indicates edge rusher is his future. As a pass rusher, he flashes a handful of inside counters. Whether or not he's going to be able to set that up against NFL Tackles is anybody's guess. That's where he's at his best, when he can use his speed to set up his inside stuff. To a large extent he was productive on a down by down basis. The DEs in that scheme are not meant to be the stars, you look at how Burns and Sweat were used as wide 9 pin the ears back rushers intentionally lined up on the weaker tackle and preferably away from the potential help. Gary didn't get that. He was the Strong Side Defensive End based on pre snap alignment on a strong majority of plays. That's a fancy way if saying that there was usually a TE on his side to help chip. He also was asked to play right off the tackle and not given the chance to really kick outside with much frequency. Very similar to how the Packers defense operated last year, the DL were kept inside so that the LBs and DBs could fire their gaps. His true sophomore tape was arguably his best. It helped that he wasn't the marked man on the DL every game and he did well playing a pretty advanced two-man rush/stunt game with Maurice Hurst. He was allowed a lot more freedom on the outside when the IDL could handle their business. He also showed a more refined hands and feet game both inside and out.
  8. 2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

Not when it stabalizes the whole O-Line and is glove like fit for the new zone blocking scheme coming in. Elflein moves to LG where he was an all american in college. The Vikings could have the most improved O-Line next year if it falls together.
  9. NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

Talk it and be relentless about it. Scorch the Earth, baby!
  10. Day 2/3

My Rankings: Top 10 Players for our 2nd Round Draft Choice: 1. Trade down to 45-55 and get a 3rd. 1000%. - Sooo much talent in the third this year. I really want TE Warring. If not possible here is my board for 35. 2. EDGE Zach Allen I still don’t feel very comfortable with Mauro/Key Run/Pass down rotation. Zach Allen is very underrated and I think he’ll be one of the best players of this draft. Great run defender and power rusher. Another big DE for PGs scheme. 3. CB Julian Love My favorite corner of the draft. Sticks to you like glue. The 3 quarters he was in, Trevor Lawrence didn’t complete a pass on him and went 12-21. The quarter he was injured, Clemson scored 20 of their 30 points. 4. CB Rock Ya Sin Physical nasty corner with solid man coverage and press coverage skills. 5. G/T Dalton Risner Pro Bowl Caliber Guard, Above Average RT 6. WR A.J. Brown Get the most polished WR in the entire draft. 7. EDGE Chase Winovich Hard to project Winovich at the next level but I really like him. Tons of heart. 8. CB Greedy Williams I was getting carried away with Greedy falling but I’ve always had him ranked behind Ya Sin, Love, and Baker. 9. CB Byron Murphy Murphy is a good coverage corner but not highly physical and mostly a zone corner. 10. WR Parris Campbell I’m not the highest on Parris Campbell by any means but he has a huge ceiling, and being taught by AB? I’d be on board. 11. TE Kahale Warring One of my favorite TEs in the draft. I like him a lot more than Irv Smith. Wouldn’t take him at 35 but if we trade down to 45 or later, I would definitely consider him.
  11. If Elflein gets back to 2017 form, then the Bradbury pick is even better. I'm liking it more and more.
  12. 2019 Live Draft Chat

The DB talent still available is stupid. Greedy Williams Byron Murphy Nasir Adderley Juan Thornhill Julian Love Justin Layne Lonnie Johnson Amani Oruwariye Amani Hooker
  13. QB Daniel Jones selected by Giants @ 1.6

The funny thing is that when we drafted Flowers and Apple everybody said they were reaches which they were right. But I can see why they did because they fell in love with their athleticism and physical gifts and were banking on their upside. With this guy, I can’t find any reason. Nothing on the field justifies it. They wanted another Eli which is just dumb. This David Cutcliffe connection is ridiculous
  14. ***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Sam as Captain America is definitely something I'm not interested in. I know there was a story arc pertaining to that in the comics. Not sure how well received it was Captain Marvel is a badass Movie was good, not as good as Infinity War imo
  15. ***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Gotcha. I just don't see the point now that everyone knows she's dead.
  16. Day 2/3

I really wanted Sweat at 24/27. I hope we take another pass rusher, but would like greedy. But my official guess:I can see them taking Cody Ford or Smith Jr and then try to get Polite later somehow. Side note, I love jaylen Ferguson. Not sure where he goes.
  17. NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

Is there a list anywhere of our official visits? I'm assuming not, but you could almost guarantee we are taking someone off of that list.
  18. I don't like this game!
  19. Baltimore Ravens 2019 Draft Thread

And now we trade up into the second round and go get some O-line help! I'll be at a 9:30a viewing of Endgame, so I'll miss the 2nd rounds. *sighs* Perfect world we can get O-line help and somehow get Ben Banogu so we can go win this championship.
  20. QB Daniel Jones selected by Giants @ 1.6

This organisation wanted to draft another Eli. That’s such an indictment. Then Gettleman has the arrogance to say he can sit for three years.
  21. 2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

I love ya, fin, but you are just the worst at this stuff lol
  22. Day 2/3

1, Trade down 2, TE, let's say Irv Smith 3, OG, Risner or maybe Ford 4, CB, Rock Ya-Sin or Murphy
  23. 1(12): Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

For sure. Bush has his own valuable skills but he had it relatively easy making those plays due to the DL eating blocks the way they did. I'm not sure how strong he is at shedding due to his size. Think he gets washed out of plays when he doesn't have Gary and Mone, in particular, eating blocks. Gonna be fun to follow what Pettine does with Gary.
  24. 1st Round - 16 Booms/16 Busts

I think vast majority are gonna be good here. For the bad: - Daniel Jones could be ok after two years on the bench. But he’ll be middle of the pack. Worth pick 6? No. - Been saying all draft season Josh Allen does not fit a 4-3 defense what so ever. Almost all his sacks come untouched and if he’s on a blocker, he’s done. He’d be a great 3-4 EDGE. Would be an average 4-3 DE. - Lawrence is not gonna be that good imo. What is Gettleman doing? - Tytus Howard I had graded as a 3rd Round Prospect. I don’t see him developing much. - Tillery’s motor is too hot and cold, I see a inconsistent, mostly cold, career. - Gary, bust, as we all have stated many times Everyone else I think is gonna be a good player. A lot of good talent.
  25. Tyreek Hill under investigation for battery

Shocked that the guy who strangled a pregnant woman didn't turn things around...
  26. Rounds 2 and 3 discussion thread.

Jump up to get greedy
  1. Load more activity