All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Draft Scenario Discussion

I do believe that. The scenario I've always believed in is Pace was Accorsi's recommendation after Eric DeCosta refused an interview. But because of his in experience to get Teddy Bears and GMcC to feel all warm and fuzzy with this and agree he suggested pairing Fox with him to help Pace along. Some help huh? We went from Phil Emery's frying pan into John Fox's "old school football" oven. Pace preferred other candidates but he couldn't really say no and Fox did have the ability to assemble an experienced coaching staff so he went with it. Being from Denver and having had plenty of experience with John Fox's stubborn arrogance I never liked the hire from day one. Fox was never gonna be the right guy to deal with a rebuild requiring younger players and Pace didn't have the money or the cap space to buy Fox a team the way Elway did.
  3. ***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Build that character arc, they can still get her back somehow. I’m sure GoTG3 will be looking for Gamora
  4. Or 7am Saturday morning Australian western standard time 😀
  5. So does brown get to us ? I figure Cards go OL, Colts might be wr, raiders aren’t going wr. so barring colts or trade down we should get brown
  6. 9am Saturday morning Australian Eastern Standard Time
  7. 2019 NFL Draft Round 1 Talk

I don't think I would make the move. Arizona drafted themselves into a corner and I would try to low ball them. And while I like Rosen as a player and am interested in a young qb this year, I am more interested in giving AD a chance to really fail by building a good team around him.
  8. 1(12): Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

Very much how I feel. Can't believe what Pittsburg did, even though it was reported for a week. Still, I think Gary is getting wrongly tagged lazy. I don't know where that's coming from. He's young, too early, was playing injured, and did what he was supposed to, with 83 pressures. Classic steal here. Just hope they identify his strength. Cuz he can be a stud. A lot less bust potential than some other guys imo. And I don't see the Perry/Datone comparisons.
  9. 1(12): Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

To Nagler's point, there might not be a better fit for Pettine than Gary if Kollmann (a hobbyist who nailed the pick) is to be believed
  10. NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

Spoiler alert you animal.
  11. Baltimore Ravens 2019 Draft Thread

should ask the Saints if they are willing to part w/ their 2nd rounder since they don't have any picks until late 4th.
  12. NFC East: Now half good!

@MKnight82 I think the Redskins killed it. Pretty surprised that Snyder and co. made such good picks lol. A lots going to hinge on how well they can develop Haskins though
  13. Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

I think the Jets keep Lee and he might be our Edge guy. He has put on weight and looked good last year. Williams will find was to get pressure. Williams is A LOT better DC than Bowles. Bowles player guys our of position like Leo and Lee.
  14. NFL Draft GDT: Day One (no spoiled picks!!)

Sure - i'll pop it up later
  15. No worries- either is equally acceptable!
  16. Rounds 2 and 3 discussion thread.

Of the 3 players Dorsey was looking at in the 1st, at a guess 1. Bradbury 2. Dillard 3. Savage
  17. Just an honest question- is "shadow draft" really clearer? If so, no problem changing the terminology/thread title. It just feels even less clear.
  18. NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

Just got home from the 1:50 AM Avengers showing BTW, and Wow that was an amazing movie! Seriously, wow! Climax is jaw dropping. Audience behind me and the wife literally screamed and clapped. I heard people sobbing around us, but totally got it. I had to fight back the tears myself. Highly recommend it. Now I rest, and tonight we draft. Cheers!
  19. Draft Scenario Discussion

Unless they decide to revisit stupidity again GMcC won't ever be the one to fire Nagy. A HC hire needs to be the GMs decision. That's a the proper hierarchy because it's imperative both work as a unit to operate the team on and off the field. The only proper chain of events is the GM is fired and the new GM deals with the coaching situation or we go back to Teddy Bears and GMcC stumping for John Fox but trying to convince us all it was 100% Ryan Pace's call......nonsense. When ownership usurps a GMs authority you end up losing the GM anyway as GSH did with Jim Finks. This time GMcC wised up and let Pace hire his own HC and so far it's worked out well. I've been in a senior management role 3 times in my career and if the company owner or GM had insisted on controlling who I hired to work with me I would not have remained with that company. In fact when I once hand picked an assistant manager for my division and the GM took him from me in a lateral move to another division and subbed his own brother I quit less than 12 months later. I get to pick my team. Those are my rules. Pace's baggage is behind him now and has been ever since GMcC gave him the reins, Trubisky was drafted, and John Fox was let go. We dropped the curtain on that before the 2018 season but held Pace responsible for showing immediate improvement and we got more than we counted on. There are very few NFL HCs who have the final say in all personnel matters and I would bet my last dollar Nagy isn't one of them. The hard cap makes that nearly impossible. I'm not implying Nagy has no say but I'm sure there are times when Pace has and will continue to confront him with choices he will have to make and still others where there won't be any choice at all. Nagy can't manage the cap. Pace and Laine have to do that.
  20. i'm not a fan but when you do not even try, you'll never find your #1 WR. hope it works out this time around. can still draft Kelvin Harmon to block the ish out of fools.
  21. I can't believe some of you guys would have picked Oliver over QWill. Q is better than Oliver in all aspects of the game and has less wear and tear on his body. Q is also bigger than Oliver too. Q is an Aaron Donald, Warren Sapp type guy. He will get high sacks and pressure. Remember running the ball is a big part of the AFC East. The Pats are more a run team now and the Bills are too. Miami will run a lot too with no QB. I like the pick plus you still have a ton of edge guys and 3 or 4 C I still like,
  22. 7PM Eastern, 4PM Pacific.
  23. Who do we get with our 2 #3s?

A couple names that are going to stick out to me or Byron Murphy Julian love the corner from Penn State whose name I cannot pronounce or spell. AJ Brown Hakeem Butler David sills in Miles Boykin. Having said that I could definitely see us using at least third in 1/6 or something to move up into the second round to select Chase winovich or greedy Williams
  1. Load more activity