All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

Statement 1 doesn’t align with the logic of 2&3. If the Bengals have a tradition of sitting their corners for 2-3 years, that trend still doesn’t excuse the fact that the coach is benching that player regardless of ability. Similarly if the Ravens took their time putting Marlon and Jimmy in the game in their rookie seasons, that doesn’t pair with the logic that Harbaugh has an aversion to playing rookies. Granted it makes some sense that we waited to put them both in. For Jimmy we had a stupid scheme that focused on off man and zone coverage, even though our best corner (Jimmy) was a press man beast, so we had to gradually get him used to those stupid schemes. With Marlon, he had a host of talent in front of him so benching a talented veteran that executes for a new guy is a tough decision. Whereas some of the other personnel decisions are more problematic. While we found ways to incorporate Jimmy and Marlon, we’ve failed to do the same with members of our pass rush. As opposed to deploying them in moments that best would serve their skillset to gather experience- such as with our defensive backs, we minimize their opportunity share thus throttling their development. This could be blamed on Harbaugh’s coordinators having been uber conservative types like Greg Mattison and Darth Pees. But they’re his coordinators for a reason. With Martindale, he seems to be a bit more aggressive and modern, so we’ll see what he cooks up with regard to our front 7 members. He seemed much more likely to utilize our edge players in roles suitable to their skill set. Perhaps under his guidance we will play younger talents more to expose them to experience sooner and allow their development to not go stunted.
  3. @waffles7 is the culprit you were looking for
  4. Which teams improved/regressed the most on paper?

They all improved on paper. Everyone looks good in May. But Browns and Raiders the most easy. Figures, for many years I root for the Browns (not because they're my team) and now that they finally are putting it altogether, they sign a POS like Hunt and I hope they lose every game they play till he's off the team. Maybe more.
  5. Fictional All Pro Movie Team

And at the end of his saga, he's goes back in time to when he could discriminate freely.
  6. Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 18 - Offseason)

What? I already selected
  7. I’m just trying to match the Redskins here
  8. MLB Regular Season 1.0

IDK man, it take a lot to turn around Texas these days.
  9. 2019 Packers Forum Dynasty League- League Vote

Immediately transition to FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) for waivers: YES 2) Immediately transition to a Live Draft format for 2019 Rookie/Unclaimed Vet Draft: or NO 3) Migrate league hosting site from FleaFlicker to Sleeper (if other preference please indicate) before the start of the 2019 NFL Season: Abstain 4a) Remove the Kicker Position for 2019: NO 4b) If you chose to remove the Kicker Position: Option X: Remove the K position, and drop from 11 weekly starters to 10 weekly starters (rosters of 20 will be maintained) YES or NO Option Y: Remove the K position, and replace with a fourth FLEX (RB/WR/TE) that will be replaced by a WR3 after the 2020 season YES or NO 5) Increase the number of keepers from 10 to 11 for the 2020 NFL Season (a NO vote will indicate you prefer to remain at 10 keepers): NO 6a) Potential Live Draft Dates (Please Indicate YES or NO for each date) June 16th (Sunday) YES June 26th (Wednesday) YES July 21st (Sunday) YES July 30th (Monday) YES August 13th (Tuesday) YES August 18th (Sunday) YES 6b) Please list any known date conflicts: Known Conflicts: none
  10. With a 15 run lead, I’m surprised the team didn’t let Berrios fight through the last out in the 5th to give him the win.
  11. Not all Eskimos are Inuit. That would be disregarding the Yupik.
  12. MLB Regular Season 1.0

idc about herman anymore dude. we got dana.
  13. So, the 2019 Chiefs...

That’s my point. If Mahomes job is so simple with Tyreek, why did Smith fail so often with him (Dallas, Giants, Bills, Titans games from 2017)? Answer: Because Mahomes is the smarter, stronger, and more aggressive QB. That’s the difference between 26 touchdowns and 50 touchdowns. There’s probably only a handful of QB who could’ve led 2018 KC to the playoffs. I mean, how many QB can make the playoffs when their defense allows 26ppg? Even Brees can’t overcome that much defensive incompetence.
  14. MLB Regular Season 1.0

I remember the times when Herman would never leave. Ha! Good times.
  15. Ravens sign WR Michael Floyd

First thing I thought. Doesnt matter if they trade for Julio. Lamar can't get the ball to him
  16. What TV Show Are You Watching?

Are you looking for other nuclear disasters? Those are few and far between. Maybe something on Three Mile Island. Or perhaps China Syndrome if you enjoy propaganda. For a documentary there is Pandora's Promise.
  17. Was Tony Dungy an elite head coach

Especially Rypien. Theismann was the best of the three, but I wouldn't have him in any HOVG discussion let alone HOF.
  18. Which happens first? My 3 year old graduates college My team wins more than 3 games @MookieMonstah actually makes his selection
  19. The STL Cardinals Thread - First to Fourth (22-19)

I kind of like the way Shildt is handling Hicks. A lot of older closers might have needed to pitch last night in a game that wasn't close to stay sharp. We shouldn't be wasting any innings of Hicks, IMO.
  20. Trade rumors and free agency thread

James Harden is a career 36% 3PT shooter KD is a career 38% 3PT shooter Kawhi 38% PG 38% Tatum sitting at 40%, he shot 37% this year as a 20 year old Sophomore. So tell me why we should expect him to dip to 35%? Tatum absolutely has top 10 player upside, will he get there? Who knows but people discrediting him because he was 20 and didn’t handle his entire role changing need to pump the brakes as much as people saying he’s a lock to be a superstar. The whole point is he’s easily the best singular piece available unless the Grizzlies have the #2 pick available
  21. 2020 Head Coaching Candidates?

Lol what are you talking about. He had an interview with Raiders in 2012 and literally had an interview this year with the Packers
  22. Rosen vs Murray

I thought that Rosen was very overrated as a prospect for a number of reasons, but thought that outside of height Murray was a good prospect. I’m going with Murray (though both could bust).
  23. Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

Would be real nice if we could go into a draft with all of our picks just once. Hopefully it’s for an extra we we acquired like you said.
  24. The STL Cardinals Thread - First to Fourth (22-19)

I think this is the deepest bullpen I can remember in my history as a Cards fan. There aren't any guys in there that are just "mop up duty only pitchers". We need it when the starters only go 4.
  25. NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

Why no Zeke?
  26. Random Raider Stuff

Demoralizing. I hope this is completely different next offseason.
  1. Load more activity