All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. They take Maye and let Brissett take the beating for most of the year. They lack so much talent but likely won't be picking #3 again so they get their QB.
  3. Has Fautanu ever played at RT?
  4. Reading this thread got me wondering what I was watching last season. I didn’t think Clowney was that bad at all for Baltimore? Granted he’s on a team with Madubike and Pierce and at times Roquan blitzing, but still, thought he was decent
  5. So they either had good OLs or good targets or perhaps both? Do we have either?
  6. Today
  7. Why do you think it’s brutal? As I said before, I think some fans are overrating certain aspects of it, but I don’t know how you can call it brutal. I’m as critical as my team’s roster building as anyone, but outside the QB situation (which is a binfire) there’s some very decent pieces. One of the better DLs in the league, a good WR room and a pretty good OL. Those are some of the more important units on the team and the Raiders are in good shape there. Of course there are other holes across the roster. Every team has those - the Raiders just unfortunately don’t have a top QB or HC to mask them.
  8. I see a good possibility of Poles sticking to the 4 pick draft this year and stacking the offense (WR at 9) for 2 primary reasons: 1. Give Williams as many weapons as possible. 2. In case Allen bolts which is a possibility, however premature it may be right now.
  9. Thank you, this way the Europeans have a chance to vote as well.
  10. no. some takes are abhorrent and deserve ridicule, that was one of them. you gave a sensible opinion but stopped short of saying they're cooked, that guy straight up said they're done and finished. imagine thinking the team that has been to 2 SBs in 4 years, leads the league in EPA and YAC every year and has arguably the most complete roster in football is going to fall off a cliff. that dude needs to come back down to earth and moving forward I won't trust anything they say that team is not going anywhere even when they pay Brock Purdy, same as we're not going anywhere when we pay Jordan Love. will they lose some players? sure, but they'll retool. we're going to lose some players too, we can't pay everybody. that's the nature of the business some of the opinions in here regarding the Niners are disrespectful, and believe me I hate them more than any other team (I live in Cali and I loath their fanbase) but they're going to be a problem as long as Shanahan and Purdy are there. they have 2 valuable components to sustained success, the head coach and the QB I hate to admit it but they're our daddy until we beat them in the postseason and get the monkey off our back.
  11. I liked a lot of his tape actually, and if we miss out on the top 4 QBs, I wouldn't mind taking him at 23. I see a little bit of Brees in him,, an he is able to handle pressure well. Statistically, he is one of the best QBs in this class in almost every metric. His age doesn't really matter to me, as most QBs play until their late thirties now anyway.
  12. in general i feel like linebacker play has decreased in quality in college/pros
  13. 😞😂 Honestly, probably the best place for him.
  14. Agree. That Minn move was some 4D chess. Must’ve caught Telesco off guard and indicates they are very high on McCarthy as they won’t be 100% that they can get into top 3 range. And I don’t see the Pats doing that honestly. Reckon there’s a very high probability they go QB. What will then be interesting is what we think Den does at 12 and what we do to respond… If it is 4 QBs off the board, you’ve got to be happy with Nix or Penix or be absolutely certain in who Denver is gonna pick and be confident they won’t take your preference of the two not to trade to get in front of them Gratefully for me - I like both, but you’ve gotta think that it’s more likely that Telesco and Pierce have one ranked higher than the other…
  15. Probably closer to slapfight than "warzone". Detroit still have to be the favorite. They're still very contingent on good healthy from a somewhat aging OLine though. We saw hints last year that when things weren't firing on all cylinders there with guys banged up, their performance as a whole really dropped off. They go as that unit goes, and they're all just a year older. They'll also likely have a stiffer schedule with more competition even just from within the division. It's also a question where as games get more tight, if Dan ends up on the other side of more of his gambles, that can swing the W-L record in a not imperceivable way. Packers look like an ascendent team. If Love can pick up where he left off and carry on from there. Bears should be better in theory...but a lot of moving pieces and new bits to integrate and that's always a bit of a toss up on how well, and how quickly things will all gel. Especially when you throw a fairly raw rookie QB like Caleb Williams into the mix. Especially if there isn't much of any support network around him in that QB room. Vikings seem set to take a noticeable step back. Not necessarily relative to last year where they were largely Kirkless...but a step back from where they were headed going into last season at least. They've mostly downgraded and still just don't have any kind of answer at QB. Even assuming they get "their guy" in the draft...it's a rookie QB and all of those ups and downs taking over for a guy who was a very steady higher-end veteran is bound to be a step back in consistency at least. I think they're pretty firmly at the bottom, but it could easily end up closer to the Bears than people seem to be expecting.
  16. I like the first two picks. You're probably right that the risk is just to high to gamble that Penix is available later aswell. The only thing that bothers me with Morgan is that he never played a single snap at RT (if the stats from PFF are right). And especially with Penix I would like a real RT as a competition for Munford. I'm okay with the next two picks - although I'd rather take a D-Liner and then either a LB or a CB. With Jakorian Bennett we already have a fourth rounder to develop, so personally I'd rather take a LB. The Zinter pick is again a pick that i like.
  17. Tanner James made a tweet that, long story short, compared the first round QBs and their OLs (PFF ranks in PBLK and RBLK) in an effort to get a hold of all the QBs who were “ruined” by bad OLs as rookies. Baker, Trevor, and Kyler were the rookie QBs that had OLs ranked above average in pass protection (exclude Mahomes because he didn’t play, but his was high too). Herbert, Stroud, Burrow, Watson, Goff - they all had subpar ranked OLs as rookies. Biggest difference is: most of those guys had good targets to throw to, if not as rookies then definitely as sophomores. Not trying to say that OLs don’t matter. Of course they do. Just providing a little context to those thinking the Pats’ situation could break a QB. Take the guy if you like him.
  18. I really like him as a prospect. He's a project, but one worth taking given the athleticism. Stick him behind Quay and McDuffie for a year or two and he'll blossom IMO.
  19. I think a lot of people are kind of sleeping on the Jaguars, forgetting that they were rolling like 11-3 before Lawrence got jacked up. Still ended up only 1 win behind them in the end, despite having a complete and total collapse down the stretch with a wounded Lawrence who shouldn't have even been playing, and CJ Tryhard filling in at QB. Texans also got better too, but sophomore slumps can happen and the Jaguars have also improved, before even getting to the draft. If they can find the right WR in the draft...Lawrence has the potential to absolutely take off. His WR room is already probably upgraded marginally, but if that 1st round pick is earmarked for a receiver (or even better, a trade up for one of the Big-3 guys somehow)...you could see a huge surge. I think it's probably more of a 50-50 slugfest down to the wire if things go well for both teams. And the Colts have the potential to turn it into a three-way Rock Paper Scissors game if Richardson lives up to hype and stays healthy.
  20. 1.29. Eric Stokes, CB., D+: Injury bust at this point but played well when he was on the field. There's hope so that's why it's a D+ 2.62. Josh Myers, C, C+: I hated the pick because of the lack of athleticism, but he's not exactly a liability. We could stand to use an upgrade, but it's not urgent. 3.85. Amari Rodgers, WR, F: We traded up for a guy coming off a torn ACL that looked really good at the Senior Bowl. I blame our former ST's coaching staff for his failure as a returner TBH. Kinda feel bad for the guy TBH. 4.142. Royce Newman, G, D-: Logical pick given the body of work at Ole Miss that just hasn't worked out. He looks and plays like Chumlee from Pawn Stars... 5.173. Tedarrell Slaton, DL., C: Rotational body that could be on the chopping block due to a new scheme. 5.178. Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, D: Played well in spot duty and then got cut when a bunch of UDFA's leapfrogged him on the depth chart. Now on his third team in as many seasons. 6.214. Cole Van Lanen, OL, C-: Spent a year here then got traded to Jax where he's the third string RT. 6.220. Isaiah McDuffie, LB, A: He's worked hard to earn quality reps and has made the best of them despite some physical limitations. He just seems to continuously improve. 7.256. Kylin Hill, RB, F: Violated some undisclosed team rule and never latched onto another team. I'm giving the overall grade a C. You can't hit on every dude and if Stokes doesn't get hurt this grade is probably higher. I think the most disappointing part of this draft was really Day 3. Usually, we hit on at least 2 guys but only McDuffie is a sure-fire bet to survive the cuts this year.
  21. Yeah I’m struggling with whether or not they’d take him. He sorta seems like Sydney Brown with more polish/way more control. Brown won’t be back for a bit, and they need young guys back there. Just is it a Howie pick a year after taking a safety not too far from this pick? Jenkins does seem like a very Howie move, I agree.
  22. I think the horrendous 3-cone drill would keep him off our board actually. Rashan Gary was exactly 30 lb.s heavier when he tested and his time was over half a second quicker than Isaac's.
  23. So watched some Mikey Sainristil, like him but seems sort of a nickel guy at the next level. Can’t hurt to have some tweener types, but seems like the sorta move if you are good with Slay and Ringo outside and just want depth elsewhere. Size is just an issue, if he wasn’t 5’9” or was a little more speedy I’d definitely be in to see if he can continue to develop. I guess the problem is this draft has a decent amount of inside guys. Tykee Smith, Johnny Dixon day 3 come to mind.
  24. These might be, somehow, the most embarrassing videos on the internet. Anyone who claims so definitively to be the smartest people in the room like that…good lord. Have some shame.
  25. Patriots select D0018 Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn @LuckyNumber11otc
  26. Meanwhile we sign 34 year old bobby wagner. 29 isn't old.
  1. Load more activity