All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You do know he had a lower leg injury he is recovering from ?
  3. White Jersey giving bengals vibes
  4. Is it wrong for me to wanting us to draft Brenden Rice for nostalgic reasons?
  5. It would be a "best player available' or "luxury" pick. And one that should be made if he is there. He'd be difficult for me to pass up. I know we have a pretty nice DL right now. But Newton has some very high end traits. Kind of like getting Wyatt, only 3 years younger.
  6. Yes, no GM/coach, the week before the draft, is going to say, "Sure we're willing to trade for a fair deal." I always hate this week.
  7. I used to put together a Top 200/250 depending on the depth of prospects and how much time I had that year Alot less time now, and as Ive said I dont like this draft much so I struggled to get to 150 this year
  8. I hope that lab has cybernetic enhancements or something. The bar was so, so, so low for him at LT, and he still got benched halfway through the season to try out random depth tackles in his place. I mean, Titans literally had historically bad LT play in 22, and went into 23 expecting better. And yeah, it wasn't historically bad, but it was bad enough that random sixth round rookies were playing at around the same level.
  9. If you can get Fashanu with those two second round picks then you do it.
  10. Concerning Kool Aid....I don't love him, don't hate him. But when I've watched his stuff....what does he do as well as, or better than, Valentine? Their highlights that I've seen aren't all that different, but..... As an athlete.... If we were to take a CB, I want one with better athletic traits than Kool Aid in the first round.
  11. One of the local beat guys noticed that Harris has never said or wore anything with Commanders on it. That name is a goner.
  12. Accepted. Please move Reed to PS, Cooper to WR3. I own 2 S28 4ths. @Malfatron take your pick between Indy 4th or Hamilton 4th.
  13. The pride of the Cowboys for many years has been their offensive line. It's taken a big hit and they need a new starting RT. Mims can fit that bill.
  14. What kind of defensive player do you think we would be getting at #122 and #142? Its not going to be anything more than a rotational guy at best in 2024. And maybe only that in 2025... In this scenario, Brendan Rice is at best the #6 weapon on this roster, and probably lower. Sinnott is being a blocking TE/FB. That is the level of contributor you would have to expect on the defensive side from those picks. So that would be MAYBE a situational pass rusher and a 4/5th DT? I also said we should then go sign 2 more vets who are out there to play on the Edge, both who could be solid 1 year contracts. We have gone too far on the "no one on the DL" narrative. Are we thin? Yep absolutely, but we arent likely to ever be stacked at every level of the team. And as much as Sweat changed who we were as a Defense, the real change happened when we had a healthy Secondary. This Defense is currently constructed to defend from the back, and that likely isnt going to change this season, even if we were to get a Verse/Turner at #9. We have 4 DTs on the roster right now, one is Rotational at DE/DT with Walker, but Billings and Dexter are the starters, and to me thats a good/solid starting pair. We can add more talent absolutely, but we dont have 'no one'. And as I expect Dexter to take a big step, I also think Pickens will too, which should make him a solid rotational guy. Yes, at DE we are thin, but we havent been good there in like 3 years, its nothing new. If you add a veteran like Carl Lawson or even a lesser Charles Harris, you have your stud in Sweat, and then a rotation of Walker/Lawson on the other side with a few other UFDAs and Cuts that will be the depth. I think we are making this harder than it needs to be right now
  15. Ditto. I feel like they took too many suggestions from the fanbase and developed something that would look different/better as separate concepts. - Everyone is clamoring for the old script H with the "Houston Blue". Fine, put that on a different helmet. - Everyone wants a blackout scheme. Fine, put it with the original logo. (And make the original logo a greyscale or white for that blackout look). Doing both on the same canvas only makes for a weird looking concept. Maybe it looks better with the new jersey schemes.
  16. Kitchen knives. Whatcha using? My parents loved Chicago Cutlery. I had a set, they were garbage. I mean, just awful. When I got married, 13 years ago, my in-laws got us a set of Henkel knives. Man, those things are nice. I have a set at home and a set at the cottage. While I do have a knife sharpener with the blocks, I've not had to use it yet. They are still really, really sharp and heavy duty! Just a different class of knife from that Chicago Cutlery, should have known anything that has Chicago in the name would be dull.
  17. Chargers GM Joe Hortiz held his pre-draft press conference and the possibility of trading out of the No. 5 pick was one of the topics of conversation. He said the Chargers “believe strongly” in Harbaugh’s view of the value of their pick in the four quarterback scenario and said that being blown away by an offer was “a good way to look at it” as opposed to a deal that feels like a win for both sides. Hortiz: “There’s certainly, ‘It’s too good of a deal’, in terms of what you’re getting back. They have to make it attractive to us for us to move away from those players. The whole, ‘It’s a fair trade, it’s a wash’. I don’t think that’s a trade we’re interested in.” In a hypothetical trade, Hortiz said they would want “as many picks as we can this year” but also noted the value of stockpiling picks in future seasons if they are attractive enough for the team to delay making their first pick next Thursday night. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chargers-not-interested-in-fair-trade-for-no-5-has-to-be-attractive-for-us yeah, yeah... we hear ya. everyone out there posturing during that last week.
  18. Much better to go boring than gaudy, especially with our flashy logo. But like Doll said, gotta see the full setup on a player to make a final judgement.
  19. I'm not sure he is a better pass blocker than Alt, but I agree with most of the other stuff. I think Olu is easily the 2nd best LT prospect. This tackle draft class is very special. I think we see the most OTs drafted in the first round in the history of the draft. Depending on where a lot of them go, I could see them being successfully really early on in their careers too.
  20. That's why I don't attempt to discuss McCarthy any longer. Everyone has staked their positions. Ultimately, he may not even end up a Viking, so it may have been all fruitless. We'll see what happens.
  21. It’s not my intention to post as you call it ‘fake stuff’. My posts consist of information that I trust is factual and some is opinion based. My posts are usually from known and verified accounts but I can’t verify any information with a 100% certainty.
  22. There were a couple things from the presser that stood out to me. 1. Adam Peters is detail oriented. If it wasn't clear from how highly he is regarded, we made the right choice at GM. 2. The owners are committed to improving the team on and off the field. Adam Peters made a point to say "no more D+." The survey at the end of the year clearly didn't sit well with management. 3. There is a strong possibility that unless the F.O. and staff feel a drafted player is ready, we will go with what is currently on the roster (and any additions in the post-draft FA). 4. The teams draft philosophy will try to blend need and value as much as possible. They made it clear that they believe that their work in FA opens them up to not have to draft for need at every pick. Getting the best players that can help the team is paramount. 5. Adam Peters and his assistant GM don't just sound like they have pick #2 figured out, they seem to have a plan for every situation and know exactly where they want to go with all six of the top 100 picks. 6. Lastly, this team could very well suck next year, but I seriously doubt we suck the year after. This management team is starting at the base level and trying to turn this team into a winner. Exciting times to be a fan of this team. As an aside, has anyone notice how no one really wants to call them the Commanders in press conferences or any media comments? I really don't think the name is going to last very long.
  23. The odds, they are a-changin’. Two days ago, LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels had emerged as the clear favorite over North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye to be the second overall pick in the 2024 draft, -275 to +215. Now, DraftKings has both at -115. At FanDuel, Daniels was at -250 and Maye was at +185. Now, they’re both -110. The development comes after the Commanders brought Daniels, Maye, J.J. McCarthy, and Michael Penix Jr. in for a visit on the same day. Daniels’s agent reacted on X, and word is now spreading that perhaps Daniels doesn’t want to go to the Commanders. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/drake-maye-jayden-daniels-now-have-identical-odds-to-go-second-overall the odds could easily change again....
  24. I've been a bit absent, and lurking in the background just reading ya'll's takes on the draft. In short, good stuff! There's a lot to take away, and I'm excited to see how this draft goes without antsy Sean Payton wanting to trade up every damn time for a long-shot sleeper that could be had a round or 2 later. Cheers!!
  1. Load more activity