All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Pick # 1 (A) Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa (B) Tyler Guyton, OL, Oklahoma (C) Kool Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama (D) Graham Barton, IOL, Duke (E) Amarius Mims, OL, Georgia Pick # 2 (A) Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M (B) Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona (C) Kingsley Suamataia, OL, BYU (D) TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State (E) Ennis Rakestraw, Jr., CB, Missouri Pick # 3 (A) Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee (B) Junior Colson, LB, Michigan (C) Kris Jenkins, DL, Michigan (D) Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan (E) Javon Bullard, S, Georgia Pick # 4 (A) Zak Zinter, OL, Michigan (B) Cole Bishop, S, Utah (C) Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State (D) Michael Hall, Jr., DL, Ohio State (E) Trey Benson, RB, FSU Pick # 5 (A) Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky (B) Dominick Puni, OL, Kansas (C) Jarrian Jones, CB, FSU (D) Roger Rosengarten, OL, Washington (E) Maason Smith, DL, LSU Pick #6 (A) Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky (B) McKinnley Jackson, DL, Texas A&M (C) Caeden Wallace, OL, Penn State (D) DeWayne Carter, DL, Duke (E) Malik Mustapha, S, Wake Forest Pick # 7 (A) Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College (B) Rasheen Ali, RB, Marshall (C) Walter Rouse, OL, Oklahoma (D) Chau Smith-Wade, CB, Washington State (E) Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina Pick # 8 (A) Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee (B) Ty'Ron Hopper, LB, Missouri (C) Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn State (D) Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State (E) Khristian Boyd, DL, Northern Iowa Pick # 9 (A) Steele Chambers, LB, Ohio State (B) Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Edge, Notre Dame (C) Nathaniel Watson, LB, Mississippi State (D) Bub Means, WR, Pittsburgh (E) Jha'Quan Jackson, WR, Tulane Pick # 10 (A) Ryan Watts, CB, Texas (B) Garret Greenfield, OL, South Dakota State (C) Jaylon Carlies, S, Missouri (D) Drake Nugent, C, Michigan (E) Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, WR, Georgia Pick # 11 (A) Jalen Sundell, OL, North Dakota State (B) Darius Muasau, LB, UCLA (C) Tyler Owens, S, Texas Tech (D) Aaron Casey, LB, Indiana (E) Sam Hartman, QB, Notre Dame
  3. Nearly all of these last minute media mocks have no move up from Minnesota.
  4. That would be at least one reason for assuring he's under contract but we can see that he and Poles have also made a good team.
  5. Good year for OL for anyone who needs one. Kinda wish Poles had four #1 picks this year. LOL
  6. Josh Norris' yearly mock the night before is generally very good. He seems very plugged into the draft. He seems to have some real inside info. Nailed a few things the last two years. At 27:25 he says that he has heard that aiyuk is getting traded. Wish he would have said the team. Doesn't sound like it's for a first round pick because it wasn't in the mock. Without aiyuk, we will need some speed and someone to stretch the field. I am in on worthy of we trade aiyuk, but he isn't really an X WR. We wouldn't have one on the roster without aiyuk. I also understand the idea we can manufacture touches for WRs in this offense, and if your main role is stretching the field then you don't need someone making 25m to do it, but we had better get a WR who is ready to play day 1, because Kyle isn't someone who relies on young WRs. So it's hard to spend the time to actually develop a WR just to let them walk. We've missed on a lot of WRs here, and it doesn't seem like Kyle wants a young player getting snaps. Something in his evaluation of players and how he develops them is wrong/broken. It's a huge risk to take in a year when we are trying to finally get over the hump. Feels backwards. Would need to add a WR and get another starter to make it feel worth it. Robbing Peter to pay Paul at that point.
  7. Patriots are going to trade out of 3 and end up with a pick in the second half of the top 10 (either by trading directly with NYG, or trade with MIN and then trade back up from 11). They take JJ McCarthy. I really can’t shake the feeling that they’ll go to the last thing that worked and take a Michigan QB.
  8. I believe this may be Poles Plan B if picks don't fall as expected before #9. I would favor him over Verse because of his versatility and his ability to penetrate from DT. That said I still feel Poles will take Odunze if he's still on the board at #9.
  9. Ahh, I gotcha. Hadn't really thought of it that way. Was just thinking about the opinions for so than the thresholds, but that is a good point
  10. On average men hit their physical peak in the mid-late 20s. How long they can sustain it depends on how they care for themselves and their bodies. That's not to say that some pro athletes may not hit it sooner but for most peak performance comes between the ages of 25-29 at least according to research I've read. It might also explain why Poles tends to focus on FA within the range of ages and eschew those older than that as far as longer term deals go.
  11. I’m just saying, they could literally have the exact same opinion of all of them as players but one team have 15 first round grades and another have 22. Could be that the Giants require you to be a projected pro bowl level player in year 1 to have a first round grade whereas the Niners just need you to be a starter. It’s largely to do with the fact that the Giants are usually picking top 15 and the Niners are not hence the higher threshold. Honestly I’m not a big fan of assigning a round to a player at all because one year a 77 grade player (really good day one backup and eventual starter) will be the 18th best player in the draft and the next year he’ll be the 72nd - extreme example but there’s a guy who can be a 1st round pick or a 3rd rounder purely based on the relative draft classes.
  12. Are you guys ready? I'm going to destroy you. Pick # 1. (A) Kingsley Suamataia, OT (B) Marshawn Kneeland, DE (C) Amarius Mims, OT (D) Tyler Guyton, OT (E) Darius Robinson, DE Pick # 2. (A) Junior Colson, LB (B) Zach Frazier, IOL (C) Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL (D) TJ Tampa, CB (E) Jaden Hicks, S Pick # 3. (A) Javon Bullard, S (B) Cole Bishop, S (C) Edgerrin Cooper, LB (D) Braden Fiske, DT (E) Christian Haynes, OT Pick # 4. (A) Caeden Wallace, OT (B) MarShawn Lloyd, RB (C) Christian Mahogany, IOL (D) Calen Bullock, S (E) Jaylen Wright, RB Pick # 5. (A) Trevin Wallace, LB (B) Malik Mustapha, S (C) Bralen Trice, DE (D) Kiran Amegadjie, OT (E) Jermaine Burton, WR Pick # 6. (A) Mason McCormick, IOL (B) Ray Davis, RB (C) Will Shipley, RB (D) Mo Kamara, DE (E) Zak Zinter, IOL Pick # 7. (A) Elijah Jones, CB (B) Matt Goncalves, IOL (C) Jordan Magee, LB (D) MT Devonshire, CB (E) Jordan Jefferson, DT Pick # 8. (A) Tyler Davis, DT (B) Ty'Ron Hopper, LB (C) Ethan Driskell, OT (D) Chigozie Anusiem, CB (E) Jacob Monk, IOL Pick # 9. (A) Cornelius Johnson, WR (B) Giovanni Manu, OT (C) Evan Williams, S (D) Marist Liufau, LB (E) Blake Watson, RB Pick # 10. (A) Josiah Ezirim, OT (B) Willie Drew, CB (C) LaDarius Henderson, IOL (D) Tulu Griffin, WR (E) Kimani Vidal, RB Pick # 11. (A) Nick Gargiulo, OL (B) Darius Muasau, LB (C) Jaylan Ford, LB (D) Johnny Dixon, CB (E) Kamal Hadden, CB
  13. It's a ridiculous and completely invalid way to analyze it. Let's take a different position like DE/Edge. Is Khalil Mack therefore considered a miss because he didn't re-sign with the Raiders? Dozens of players leave their original team in FA every year for any number of reasons including the most obvious economic ones. I'd love to see this ESPN guy present this theory in some academic sense. It's worthless.
  14. Yes, and the difference in those figures between those two teams is interesting
  15. My favorite take on that movie is that Ferris was never real in the first place and it's all Cameron's fever dream of who he wishes he was. I also think it's kind of funny thinking about Jeffery Jones chasing Ferris (a highschool kid) all over town... Even though what Jeffery Jones did in real life is not funny at all.
  16. this is exactly why I joined this forum. I had to get away from a pretty toxic fan environment..both from the fans and the media, and "content creators" lol. I'm convinced that the last superbowl loss left many people psychologically damaged - the negativity and clickbait out there was/is insane. I'll admit I had trouble sleeping the night after as well, but that's life..ups and downs. Personally, losing to Mahomes was kind of what I expected. The team just didn't feel right to me in the playoffs. The Harbaugh losses hurt more for some reason (those rosters were so stacked everywhere...and losing to old Flacco?? ugh), but everyone has a different experience.
  17. I can't agree with the methodology at all. It's ludicrous. For the past 20 years or more WR have made themselves the divas of NFL players. They've pushed their pay scale to the upper limit of all non-QB positions. Some teams can't afford to keep them once they're out of their rookie deal so they redraft the position and start over. How does the WR who signs with another team in FA come into the picture when he continues to produce at a high or even All Pro level. He's surely not a miss but this way of analyzing it would say he was. Sorry brother Jim but there is not even one serious analyst or statistician that wouldn't laugh this approach out the door.
  18. But if it was yesterday he'd be a Bear tomorrow.
  19. Historic QB trend is about to shape the NFL Draft — and careers of Caleb Williams, Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels - Yahoo Sports
  20. His real name is Jer'Zhan, but people are calling him Johnny. Either is correct.
  21. Historic QB trend is about to shape the NFL Draft — and careers of Caleb Williams, Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels - Yahoo Sports
  22. Historic QB trend is about to shape the NFL Draft — and careers of Caleb Williams, Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels - Yahoo Sports
  23. Caleb Williams Marvin Harrison Jayden Daniels Drake Maye Malik Nabors J.J. McCarthy Rome Odunze Joe Alt Dallas Turner Brock Bowers Olu Fashanu Quinyon Mitchell Jared Verse Terrion Arnold Byron Murphy Taliese Fuaga Troy Fautanu Laiatu Latu J.C. Latham Michael Penix Adonai Mitchell Brian Thomas Cooper DeJean Tyler Guyton Chop Robinson Amarius Mims Kool-Aid McKinstry Johnny Newton Ladd McConkey Graham Barton Xavier Worthy Nate Wiggins
  24. I admit that my view is from afar but you all have to admit that in one way or another and one place or another the Bears will get their new stadium. The lakefront location would be both beautiful and unique and if it does bring a SB and other national events it will contribute to the economy outside of what the Bears produce. On the flipside Arlington is probably a more suitable location for building a stadium with an accompanying entertainment district and I don't doubt that it will cost significantly less to build there than on the Lakefront. We also know that what ever numbers they're handing out now may be as much as 50% more upon completion. I don't have a horse in this race but to me keeping an NFL team attached to downtown seems to be a better move than building in the "burbs". The Broncos went through this in Denver when they built the new stadium virtually on top of the old one and unlike Coors Field it's quite distant from major entertainment too. I have no idea which way it will fall but if the city wants to keep them I don't know of any other locations that would work any better. And if the city is not handling it's debt obligations prudently that not on the Bears. IIRC it's pretty much been that way for half a century or more. At least the team is taking on a major stake in it's costs.
  25. I got Caleb, Maye, Daniels all going top 9 with Alt and another Tackle going top 9(Chargers and Titans) Harrison 3 to New England if they don’t move back if not 4 to Arizona. That’s 6. Final 3 would be Nabers, an EDGE and whatever Chicago does at 9. Does someone jump up for Odunze? Douglas won’t get jumped B2B years will he?
  26. We drove down to Oregon with the kids for spring break and spent a few days in Portland (the rest of the time in Cannon Beach, which is stunning). It was my third time visiting, but my first time with kids. Totally different experience obviously. As Refugee said, there are so many great breweries, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and it's just culturally a very funky and vibrant place. Also has a real blue collar edge that doesn't get talked about much. On this visit we mostly did kid stuff, but even that was fun. It's a cool city. Edited to add: Only bad part was I got jumped by a pack of gangsters who took my spleen
  1. Load more activity