All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah, wth lol. The only real takeaway for players staying in school longer is more developed late-round picks. I imagine the 1st and higher round guys would still rather take NFL eligibility over college money.
  3. I know I read somewhere that he had one of the highest drop rates of receivers in this draft, which is a huge turnoff to me. Also it seems that these super tall WRs rarely work out. Honestly he seems like a guy that will end up being a TE convert to me.
  4. That could be an interesting move for us if he was to lose 5 lbs and sit around 250 lbs. The problem is that I've tried to watch him in coverage and I can't find him dropping back at all.
  5. Whether Cooper DeJean plays corner or safety he needs to end up in Seattle at 16. DB Cooper in Seattle is just too fitting.
  6. here's a mock with an interesting trade with LAC, whatcha think...? 1 - Chicago Bears : QB - Caleb Williams - USC 2 - Washington Commanders: QB - Jayden Daniels - LSU 3 - New England Patriots: QB - Drake Maye - N CAROLINA 4 - Arizona Cardinals: WR - Marvin Harrison Jr - OHIO STATE No brainers here TRADE: 5 - Minnesota Vikings: QB - J.J. McCarthy – MICHIGAN Minnesota trades: Pick #11, Pick #23, Pick #108, 2025 1st LAC trades: Pick #5, Pick #69, 2025 2nd Pretty clear Minnesota didn’t trade for a 2nd first rounder to just wait for JJ to fall to them. They’re moving up, the Chargers are likely to be willing to move down. This makes sense.
  7. Honestly, as long as the Falcons end up with one of the three between Turner, Verse and Latu, I won't be that upset. I just think based on schematic fit, it's probably: Turner Then Latu Then Verse
  8. i was in our DEN forum today and they were discussing these values. they feel to trade up with AZ they'd have to give up four 1st round picks, and they would count Surtain as equal to two. so yes, you are correct. #12 + Surtain + another 1st rounder.
  9. Not to nitpick (instantly nitpicks) - lol (I'm just giving you a hard time)... You're not wrong. These aren't official reports or anything, just a few writers from known publications that have made the connection and referenced the 'Lions as the favourites'. The team is pretty tight lipped so I doubt we'd hear much on it until it was basically going to happen. However, I am convinced that he's a very strong possibility as a lot lines up. I suspect that he's waiting until after the draft to find his landing spot. The Lions themsleves have enough stuff to figure out leading up to and post-draft - the draft itself, being the host city (probably have some extra activities they have to participate in as a result), St. Brown and Goff extension talks. So there's a lot of reasons that this could be getting pushed off until after the draft. I wanted to pull out the Michigan game stats and compare against the rest of his season but PFF has been giving me login issues. I hear your points and you could be right. However, you're talking about a couple anomalies. I'm a bit more conservative as I'd rather hit a double than take an out with a 1st round pick. Chop could be a home run but I have my concerns and I just don't feel he's worth the risk there. We've seen the Lions double up on positions including when they drafted Hutch and Paschal back-to-back. Paschal has struggled with injuries and consistency. Cominsky is probably going the way of Romeo/Harris next year (hence the pay cut), so Robinson would provide insurance there with a future development plan. I expect them to move on from Levi this year and Robinson is sitting at 288 - so he could definitely cut into some of those snaps at 3T.
  10. interesting concept that the Vikes trade up with the NYG and take McCarthy, while the Giants ending up using the MINN #23 pick to take Penix.
  11. https://steelersnow.com/insider-steelers-could-sign-ex-dolphins-center-connor-williams/ do we draft Frazier or sign Williams? What would you do?
  12. They probably should. Both players have been great, but the lack of an OT has resulted in Burrow being sacked an insane number of times. Even the year they went to the Super Bowl, that was coming off of an AFCCG where he was sacked 9 times. Maybe they wouldn't have made it that far without Chase, but maybe they still would have. And they definitely would have a healthier face of the franchise if they had Sewell there.
  13. Is that the scar? Damn, that thing looks gnarly lol
  14. Sounds like that is the case. Everyone thought he was showing up because of his IG post, but I guess he was just messing with people lol
  15. Washington went from Chris Samuels to Trent Williams. Basically 20 years of elite LT play. We sucked. I'm not sure there's a right way to go about this? Both players are great however.
  16. Maoicco said that Aiyuk didnt show up for voluntary work outs? What????
  17. I think that's a reasonable trade offer. The Jets made the same base offer for Hill a couple years ago. Obviously my priority is signing him long term as well, and I have no idea what is going on with the negotiations ( signs to me point that negotiations themselves aren't toxic, though that doesn't mean they can find a compromise either), so if he's moved I feel pretty good the team just knew that they couldn't fit this deal in. I'm also good with a Dotson trade from Washington. Take QB at 2. Washington trades 36, 67, 100 to Miami for 21 + 158. Drafts tackle of their choice. Washington trades 40 + Dotson for Aiyuk
  18. Couldn't quite work it in. 🤣 Out of almost 40 mocks that I did over the past month, only 4 times did I pick a K....and only one of them was your guy, Karty. I took the Razorback Cam Little a couple of times.
  19. I remember when I looked forward to Madden for the new bands I would discover. Now I mute the soundtrack.
  20. So, Jacksonville traded down to get a worse CB? Way to finagle your guy.
  21. One is entitled to their opinion as long as they want honestly. Ill probably be harsher on them until they do this decent for another 5 years.
  22. Harrison Jr I would have above any WR in the 2021 class, but yes a lot of that has to do with his dad and his work ethic that was passed on, not to mention Harrison Jr is a far superior athlete to his dad and his dad is a Hall of Famer. That has never happened in the NFL, a WR with a Hall of Fame father that is this good, it will be interesting to see but despite not working out at the combine or pro day, my guess is Harrison Jr is an awesome pro. As for projection, yes other positions it has happened, guys who have never even played football before have become successful pros in the NFL because of their physical traits. Teams gambled and it turned out because they took those traits and coached them up at their respective positions. QB is completely different and I would argue not one single starting QB in the NFL was super raw in college and developed completely into another player in the NFL. Not a single one, passing the football does not just magically improve, and all the traits the good pro QBs have they showed while in college to some degree, and if not it did not just magically get better against better competition. Completing passes at a high percentage in college on a stacked college football team has nothing to do with how one will complete passes at the NFL level against very even and superior competition across the board. So the "speculators" sure that is a thing to some degree, but really no it is not in terms of QBs. Even guys like Anthony Richardson, he showed big time flashes his last year at Florida and he is a big time athlete obviously because of his size. JJ McCarthy does not have going for him, being a huge physical athlete that can just succeed by running the football and everything plays off of that, he is too frail for that, so he will have to rely on his arm a lot more which could be a problem because making simple in the pocket throw for him is not always a guaranteed thing. Thus he is not worth the gamble in my book, if he was Anthony Richardson or Josh Allen physically, yeah sure trade up for him but not JJ McCarthy. It is a Mark Sanchez thing, young QB, played on a big stage, scrambled around and made plays but is not an elite runner and is not an elite passer either but because of his youth he has assumed development and improvement that may never happen. True but Peyton Manning is a football savant and his processing is out of this world as is his leadership, field command, work ethic etc. JJ McCarthy is not even close to Peyton Manning as a QB in basically every category outside of one. Only thing JJ is better at his scrambling which is why he is overrated currently. You take out his ability to scramble and take out throws when he is scrambling and on the move he is pretty average as a player if just looking at him in the pocket. And unlike guys like Lawrence, Hurts or Josh Allen, JJ as a runner is pretty questionable as well because he is not nearly as big or as strong as those guys and not sure he will ever be the running threat they have been in the league. Too bad because that could help him greatly while he gets up to speed on the QB position in terms of making NFL throws. And yes you do not need great Jeff George velocity on the football or spin but it does help to be able to make simple throws in the pocket and do so constantly. JJ has not shown the ability to do that, sure he can get away from pressure at times but other times you just have to be able to stand in there, take a hit and still make the throw in a pressure situation. The Packers gambled on drafting Jordan Love and it paid off because he had crazy impressive arm talent coming out of Utah State. Where as Mark Sanchez, he did not have crazy impressive arm talent, he just played on a stacked football team that won at a high level his only year as a starter.
  23. Agree. Hard to know what a guy will do in pro offense when he hasn't played in a pro offense or faced a pro defense. Things happen so fast in the NFL. It's hard to know whether a guy's processing speed might be lacking. May not be fair, but when a guy doesn't enter the draft till he's almost 24, it sometimes makes me question whether his processing speed might be a concern?
  1. Load more activity