All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yea just saw OL coach Meyer at Washington for their 2 OTs.
  3. lol I literally had the same thought as I was typing that out. But an elite QB will continue to evade them
  4. He doesn't move like this on the field...but this is a bit of a shocker.
  5. How many QBs are you going to say we should have signed? Tyler Huntley is bad and not in any way a fit for the offense we’re going to be running this season.
  6. The bottom of the draft really fell out from under me. I didn't want to take a second WR and had no intentions of only taking one defensive player, but dang lol. There's just nothing there that interested me.
  7. Still could end up fine for Detroit, but yeah, Langford looking like he is a bona fide superstar has to hurt. We knew the 2023 draft was deep, but man, that class is looking absurd. Boras truly did have an awful offseason.
  8. I have been hearing quite a bit about this site, Mock Draftable, and its player comparison tool. This is quite similar to the now Google Sheets project that I've been doing the last several years (maybe close to 10?). It can be a bit hit-and-miss since they'll sometimes compare a guy who is 280 lbs to a guy that's 260 lbs in the same role. However, I thought this would be a good exercise to see how some current Lions and some former Lions (leading to team needs) match up against the 2024 class. I'm going to skip some positions like QB and RB (probably come back to them later) as we're more likely to invest assets into other positions. If there aren't comparables, I'll write NA (not applicable). Possibly throw in some other comps, especially for younger players. WR Amon-Ra St Brown - Isaiah Williams, Illinois (79.1%) Jameson Williams - NA (He compares to Antonio Bryant, Brandon Lloyd and DeVonta Smith) Josh Reynolds - NA (Jabar Gaffney - 94.6%; Chris Henry - 90.8%) Donovan Peoples-Jones - Jalen Coker, Holy Cross (77.8%) > Also profiles against Quentin Johnston, Darius Slayton Kalif Raymond - No profile available Antoine Green - NA (Van Jefferson, Ceedee Lamb, Justin Blackmon) TE Sam LaPorta - Jaheim Bell, Florida State (79.2%) Brock Wright - No profile available James Mitchell - Brock Bowers, Georgia (99%) OL Taylor Decker - NA Graham Glasgow - NA Frank Ragnow - Matt Lee, Miami (71.7%), CJ Hanson, Holy Cross (78.2% as IOL), Jarrett Kingston, USC (75% as IOL) Kevin Zeitler - Keaton Bills, Utah (84.4%) Penei Sewell - Kingsley Suamataia, BYU(81.2%), Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State (80.4%) Dan Skipper - NA (Dalton Wagner, Luke Tenuta) Kayode Awosika - Matthew Jones, Ohio State (74.2%), Christian Haynes, Connecticut (72.2%) Colby Sorsdal - No profile available EDGE Marcus Davenport - NA (Ali Gaye, David Ojabo, Josh Allen, Bradley Chubb) > Braiden McGregor via Tavius Robinson; Cedric Johnson via Bradley Chubb John Cominsky - NA (Bradley Chubb) Josh Paschal - Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss (86.9% as Edge), Jaylen Harrell via George Karlaftis (as Edge) Aidan Hutchinson - Braiden McGregor, Michigan (70.4% as Edge) James Houston - No profile DT Alim McNeill - NA (Christian Wilkins, Da'Ron Payne) DJ Reader - NA (Johnathan Hankins, Tim Settle, Jerrod Clark) Levi Onwuzurike - Jaden Crumedy, Miss. State (87.4%), Brandon Dorlus (85.2%), Kris Jenkins, Michigan (85.2% as IDL) Brodric Martin - No profile Tyson Alualu - NA (Jalen Redmond, Cory Redding) LB Alex Anzalone - NA (Logan Wilson) Jack Campbell - NA (Khalil Mack as OLB, TJ Watt as LB, Leonard Floyd as OLB) Derrick Barnes - Xavier Thomas, Clemson (84.6% as Athlete), Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss (82.7% as Athlete) Malcolm Rodriguez - Darius Muasau, UCLA (73.8% as LB) Jalen Reeves-Maybin - NA (Ventrell Miller, Kirk Morrison) > Michael Barrett, Michigan via Ventrell Miller CB Carlton Davis - Christian Roland-Wallace, USC (83.6%), Ro Torrence, Arizona State (78.9%), Josh Proctor, Ohio State (90.5% as DB), Tyler Nubin, Minnesota (89.9% as DB) Cameron Sutton - Caelen Carson, Wake Forest (80.5% as DB) Emmanuel Moseley - No profile Amik Robertson - NA (Garrett Williams, Brandon Boykin, Marcus Jones) S Kerby Joseph - Dominique Hampton, Washington (80.6% as S), Beau Brade, Maryland (80.5% as S), Jaylen Key, Alabama (79.2% as S) Brian Branch - Andre Sam, LSU (86.3% as S), Josh Newton, TCU (92.9% as DB) Ifeatu Melifonwu - Cam Hart, Notre Dame (74.6% as CB), Khyree Jackson, Oregon (73.3% as CB) CJ Gardner-Johnson - Tykee Smith, Georgia (90.4% as S), Malik Mustapha, Wake Forest (88.8% as S)
  9. Jimmy G was a game manager, because that's all he was capable of. JJ McCarthy was a game manager because that's what he needed to do to be successful at Michigan. To me, McCarthy's "floor" is Jimmy G with a better arm.
  10. If Stokes can re-gain form this is a B- draft, Stokes, Myers, Slaton, McDuffie is slightly above what most teams would consider a C level draft. If Stokes flames out this goes to a C- draft. Will always wonder how much Covid hurt their process. At the time a lot of these picks were just head scratchers. Same in 2020. There were more head scratchers in 2020 and 2021 than 2018,19,22,23 combined.
  11. Contract was built so it was effectively a 2 year, $82M deal. They save nearly $20M if they release him after next year. They could J1 him if they wanted to, but they really don't benefit by so doing. I think you roll with Drew Lock as QB1 and a rookie while Daniel Jones starts the year on the PUP list, and eventually Daniel Jones gets his starting gig spot when he's healthy.
  12. I don’t paint him as bad, I’ve been disappointed in how good he’s been. Mainly his ability to see the field and also roll out and make the play when things go off script have been eye opening for his 1st and 2nd year. They really lucked out getting him when they did but then had the very wise evaluation to keep him in as QB3 on their 53. His preseason was good but plenty of guys have flashes in late preseason games vs fourth stringers. Lynch and the front office get huge credit. He also came back from a significant injury to his throwing arm. I don’t question the guy’s grit and solid talent. I hope they pay him like he’s elite because he’s not is all I’m saying.
  13. 'supposed' talent. His entire career is on film, including his combine. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're trying to be a contrarian but lord have mercy.
  14. He's so wholesome that he thought it was his destiny since he's heard it from you jags so much. 😉
  15. Yeah. I would just have to wait and see who is there.
  16. D+ And that might be generous. Eric Stokes obviously comes with the injury caveat, but he played well as a rookie but he's struggled with injuries the past 2 seasons. Pretty much in a make-or-break season, so next season might be his final year in the NFL especially if you struggle to stay healthy. Josh Myers has been a solid starting C. Not someone you're actively trying to replace, but also not someone you're thrilled with the play there. Clearly the coaching staff likes him more than fans do. And at the en dot the day, Jordan Love seems to trust him which has a LOT of value to me. Amari Rodgers is a massive bust as he didn't even finish off his rookie contact in Green Bay, and he's gone to 2 other teams and I don't believe he's under contract for next year. Royce Newman is awful, but a 4th round OL you have to give him props for sticking not the rookie contract. This might have been his last year since he's not cheap due to the escalators. TJ Slaton is a solid get that late in the draft and should get a 2nd contract as a run plug. SJC was drafted for ST value and he lasted 2 seasons and bounced around last year, not horrible for a 5th round pick. After not playing much in Green Bay, CVL was dealt to Jacksonville and been a backup OL there. Isaiah McDuffie was probably the "best" pick given where they were drafted and what they've become. He might be a solid starter, but not someone you're overly thrilled about. Kylin Hill had a good amount of hype, but out of the league in 2 years. The Packers got 2 starters (Myers and Slaton) and one high-end backup out of the draft, but the rest didn't live up to the draft hype. Drafts look bad when you're missing on Day 1 and Day 2 picks. 2021 Re-Draft (Excluding Team Needs) 1.29 - Landon Dickerson [IOL; Alabama] 2.63 - Creed Humphrey [OC; Oklahoma] 3.85 - Amon-Ra St. Brown [WR; USC] 4.142 - Evan McPherson [K; Florida] 5.173 - TJ Slaton [DT; Florida] 5.178 - Talanoa Hufanga [S; USC] 6.214 - Trey Smith [OG; Tennessee] 6.220 - Jonathan Cooper [EDGE; Ohio State]
  17. But I think it absolutely does. They took away a high usage guy who forced Green into an off ball role often. He's benefitted greatly from that and the team has arguably been better with Jabari at the 5.
  18. I like the cut of your jib.
  19. See, this is where Brock Purdy ruined it for everyone (yet another reason to hate the damn Niners!). It was easy - because it made sense - to write off Tom Brady as the needle in the haystack, exception to the rule that, with how ceiling is picked over like bones in a desert full of vultures, QB's obtained after the 4th round (and that's being generous and letting Dak be the cutoff) just plain don't have the upside to develop into long-term starting QB's; if for no other reason than scarcity in the pool. Before Purdy, if a QB was picked on Day 3 or after, barring the most fanciful of fans, you could get a general consensus that no higher than a hopeful long-term backup QB would that guy ascend and we wouldn't have people (and I'm not naming names or pulling up receipts, but there were some on this sub that were guilty of this) harboring the belief that he could be an out-and-out successor to Stafford. McVay has been a paradigm-setting type of HC. So expecting to be able to apply the rubrics and molds of what is the established way of doing things in the league to how he does things is like an oil and water type of thing. There's a lot here to unpack, but the TLDR is that I think people tend to read too much into a lot of things and not leave room for nuance. It's very rarely strictly black and white but a gradient of about 100 shades of gray.
  20. Pretty much ever since Josh has taken over, I have never been confident who who we have behind him. Barkley, Trubisky, Allen etc. To me they are all the same style QB and opposite of what Allen is. If for some reason we needed someone to step up, we need someone with better mobility and to where we wouldn't have to change up to playbook too much. So with the number of late round picks we have, I wouldnt be surprised to see us make a move like this.
  21. I’d take Dameon if I felt like it was realistic. Hes a fun RB
  22. To go along with what you were saying, not a great showing, however I'm still on the JaTavion Sanders is TE2 train. I think Sinnott has closed the gap on him a little and the gap between him and Bowers is even bigger now. I think JaTavion is the second best receiving/In-Line TE and it's not really close. He is very sure handed and his short to intermediate route running is very good, IMO. I think he has a lot of Travis Kelce qualities as a reliable safety blanket but also could surprise people and take off for a big gain. I would be comfortable still taking Sanders in the early 3rd or even trading down in the 2nd and taking him in the 50-64 range.
  23. I just did a full 7-round mock on PFF here's how I did: 2.35 (via AZ): Mike Sanristil, NCB 2.63: Christian Haynes, G 3.84 (via PIT): Malik Washington, WR 3.94: Mason McCormick, C 4.132: Will Shipley, RB 5.176: Erick All, TE 6.211: Luke McCaffrey, WR 6.215: Brandon Coleman, T 7.251: Kaden Slovis, QB
  24. I completely agree about Leno. I would have kept them both. I should have said 5 picks in the top 100 because the #2 is going to a qb. But he needs to find a tackle with those two second picks. Just like he needs to find a qb with the #2. If we can't pick good players, then @Slappy Mc is right and we are years away from succeeding. That might be the case, but then that means we chose wrong with Peters. Go through the teams. There are very very few elite left tackles. New Orleans has no left tackle now. Dallas has Tyler Smith who has been unsure so far.
  1. Load more activity