All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I think Raiders will make a serious attempt to get pick 2 and or 3 and if it doesn't work out I'm very curious if they will be all in on Penix. With that said they might have to move up a bit after his pro day. I have a feeling Rams make a big move up and try to get him.
  3. Smith made it to bot Duke and UNC. Curry at UNC. Biggest shock? Khan and Tomlin met with Pennix at his pro day. And he’s got a visit scheduled.
  4. I betcha the player this was designed for broke wide open right after that pump fake.
  5. I think the Steelers were finally ready to move on from Tomlin, but they're the Steelers and they don't do that sort of thing. So they needed to go all in at the QB position to either have their minds changed or have their minds made up. Realistically, Tomlin should have been fired half a decade ago. Since their Super Bowl loss to the Packers: 13 seasons. 5 missed postseasons. 6 one and done playoff exits. Otherwise, they've won 3 postseason games since 2010.
  6. Today
  7. My current top ten situations: 1a. MHJ-WR "Generational". I consider moving up for him. 1b. Nabers-WR I think he's up there with MHJ and wouldn't be at all shocked if he has a better career.... To me he's basically a younger, better DJ Moore (and for the record, I think DJ Moore is at worst, a top 10 receiver in the league). I again consider moving up for him. 3. Alt-LT Top LT of the class. Positional value has this as an easy choice at 9 if Nabers and MHJ are gone. 4a. Turner-Edge I'm not as high on this edge class overall, but he's passrush #1 4b. Trade down Newton-3T I think people are undervaluing him. I still like him better than I did Carter, even discounting his off the field stuff. 6. Trade down JPJ-OC He's one of 2 OC in this draft class I'd take as an immediate starter (the other is Zach Frazier), he's huge and he moves like someone 50 lbs lighter. 7. Trade down Bowers-TE The ONLY reason bowers isn't higher on my board is because even a mid first rounder on a TE is still paying him as a top tier TE out of the gate. 8. Odonze-WR at 9 I just have questions about his game translating because I just don't trust receivers who rely on contested catches. He's got the physical tools, and by all accounts he's an A++ character guy. I feel like he's -=BY FAR=- the most likely pick for us. He'd be a HELL of an asset if he puts it together and his game ends up translating, and I do really like the room he'd have around him to help him learn the position better. 9. Trade down Amarius Mims-OT This is a bit of projection, since he currently plays RT... and Wright is solid there... but Mims is a monster, and the kind of player where you take the player and find a way to make it work. 10a. Fashanu-LT I'm lower on him than most, though I suppose I'm not listing this as a "trade down" so still not that low. He's a great pass blocker, but I'm a bit concerned about his physicality. 10b. Verse-Edge on a short trade down. I might have him above Fashanu, but I also am favoring offensive improvements to make the QB's life better
  8. With the 153rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select: D-0282 Matt Goncalves, OT, Pittsburgh
  9. Yeah. He's comfortably OC1 for me, even though there's a bit of projection on making the transition inside, snapping, etc. Just looks so easy to translate and his offseason work has looked like a real natural fit to me. JPJ gets all the hype and he's got a lot more raw power to offer, but he doesn't play with nearly the same imperturbable balance, suddenness, and awareness of Barton. It just looks so natural and easy to him. JPJ will maul guys but he seems to rely a lot more on brute force to wrestle a guy back into balance...or goes overboard out of balance the other way trying to bury a guy. Really the only thing where Barton seems to get into trouble is...when his lack of length gets a bit exposed with too much space. Which should evaporate inside. Only guy who comes into the conversation to unseat Barton for me as IOL1 overall is if i'm projecting Fautanu as a Guard.
  10. Ridley is bad though. So there's that. Roll the tape someone posted in the Ridley signing thread that was labelled a "Trevor Lawrence near miss TDs" reel...but was in actuality, just like 80% lowlights of Ridley being ***. And that wasn't even the worst part of watching his unenthusiastic self playing receiver on those downs where he doesn't even seem to feel like trying because a DB was mean to him at the line and he gave up. He might continue to compile some yardage, but i wouldn't want him as my WR2 at all. Honestly...i'd take even the old man, clearly slowing down version of Hopkins over any WR on the Jaguars currently. Pre-draft at least. Most of the receivers in the division really. Problem is...i'd still take Pittman over him. Especially given the age. Even if Hopkins has never really been dependent on speed...he's still clearly losing his edge. Still very good...just...so is Pittman, and ascending rather than trending downward. Both are pretty "QB Proof" considering Pittman just kept rolling with Moustache Man at QB.
  11. Hell yeah this looks awesome. I'm excited for this
  12. Been taking part in a mock on here, No trade backs. My draft so far.. R1 Drake Maye QB Gotta take a shot on QB here. If you hit, that's half the battle won. R2 Kingsley Suamataia OT Open competition at LT, Kingsley has the tools to make the spot his. R3 Ja'Lynn Polk WR Smooth route runner with great hands, plug and play guy for whoever picks him. R4 Dominick Puni OG Another guy for the o-line. He can compete with the Strange and Sow for one of the interior spots. R5 Nehemiah Pritchett CB Toolsy corner with potential to start opposite Gonzalez. I had the option to trade back with the vikings for 11+23 but like I said I think you have to try with the QB when you're picking this high. Anyhow what do you guys think??
  13. Fargo s2 Can we have an alternative universe where
  14. Man, I love Graham Barton - dude is never off balance. He is Joe Thuney.
  15. God I thought Gholston would destroy the NFl. Man his highlights would get me so hyped.
  16. At the end of the day we don't know if Penix is really a reach at 13 or not. I thought about Kolton aswell, since Penix is a leftie and therefore we should really be sure that we have a franchise level blind side protector. But it seems that all better options on RT are gone at 44 and so you either draft a LT like Morgan or Patrick Paul or you wait until the 3rd round and take Rosengarten or Blake Fisher. I wonder what happens to these years combine #1 and #2 Tackles from the athleticism score (Frank Crum, Wyoming & Tylan Grable UCF).
  17. I'm following Allbright who covers Denver and is pretty accurate with the vast majority of his stuff, and he seems to believe they'd very much rather be shopping Sutton, not Surtain, in case of a trade up. However, I think this is them doing their due diligence, in case they can't trade up to 4 or 5.
  18. If the reports are to be believed, yeah, they're trying to trade Surtain. If they want to move up too, not sure why using Surtain would be some outlandish idea if they already want to move him anyway.
  19. Back my no demad but my own, chatgpt 3.5 predctions for week 2 Little Rock Uni Royals vs. Anchorage Amphibians: Character assignment: The Rock (from various action movies) vs. Aquaman (from the DC Extended Universe). The battle takes place in a flooded arena, with The Rock utilizing his brute strength and combat skills, while Aquaman commands the water around him. In the climax, The Rock manages to pin Aquaman down, but just as he's about to deliver the finishing blow, Aquaman summons a tidal wave to engulf The Rock, ultimately securing the victory. Wattsville Waste Walruses vs. Scranton Papermakers: Character assignment: Wasteland Warrior (from "Mad Max: Fury Road") vs. Michael Scott (from "The Office"). The showdown occurs in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, with the Wasteland Warrior armed to the teeth and Michael Scott armed with... paper? In an unexpected turn, Michael Scott manages to outwit the Wasteland Warrior with his unpredictable antics, distracting him long enough to incapacitate him with a barrage of paper cuts, claiming victory. Burlington Sock Puppets vs. Reykjavík Direwolves: Character assignment: Mr. Rogers (from "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood") vs. Jon Snow (from "Game of Thrones"). The battle unfolds in a serene neighborhood setting, with Mr. Rogers embodying kindness and empathy, while Jon Snow brings his swordsmanship and resilience to the fight. Despite Jon Snow's formidable combat skills, Mr. Rogers wins the battle by appealing to Jon's sense of honor and persuading him to lay down his sword, showcasing the power of compassion over conflict. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas vs. Cincinnati Buffleheads: Character assignment: Elsa (from "Frozen") vs. Rocky Balboa (from the "Rocky" series). The clash occurs in a frozen arena, with Elsa wielding her ice powers against Rocky's legendary boxing skills. In the final moments, Elsa encases Rocky in a block of ice, effectively immobilizing him and securing her victory. Rio de Janeiro Pirates vs. Indianapolis Predators: Character assignment: Captain Jack Sparrow (from "Pirates of the Caribbean") vs. the Predator (from "Predator"). The battle unfolds in a dense jungle, with Captain Jack relying on his wit and cunning, while the Predator employs its advanced weaponry and stealth. Despite the Predator's technological superiority, Captain Jack outmaneuvers it with his unpredictable tactics, ultimately trapping it in a makeshift net and claiming victory. Butte Bots vs. Hanoi Viet Kongs: Character assignment: Iron Man (from the Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Rambo (from the "Rambo" series). The showdown takes place in a war-torn landscape, with Iron Man utilizing his suit's advanced weaponry and flight capabilities, while Rambo relies on guerrilla tactics and combat skills. In the climactic moment, Iron Man delivers a powerful repulsor blast, overwhelming Rambo and securing the victory. Hamilton Hornets vs. Phoenix Rubber Ducks: Character assignment: Alexander Hamilton (from "Hamilton") vs. Howard the Duck (from "Howard the Duck"). The battle unfolds in a historic setting, with Alexander Hamilton showcasing his intellect and oratory skills, while Howard the Duck brings his irreverent humor and unexpected combat abilities. Ultimately, Alexander Hamilton wins the battle by persuading Howard the Duck to join forces through the power of diplomacy and compromise. Greenland Polar Bears vs. Tokyo Samurai: Character assignment: Leonardo (from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles") vs. Samurai Jack (from "Samurai Jack"). The clash occurs in a diverse urban landscape, with Leonardo wielding his ninjutsu skills and katana, while Samurai Jack showcases his mastery of the samurai arts. In a fierce duel, Samurai Jack delivers a precise strike, disarming Leonardo and claiming victory. Lancaster Fighting Amish vs. New Zealand Blobfish: Character assignment: John Book (from "Witness") vs. Gollum (from "The Lord of the Rings"). The battle unfolds in an idyllic countryside, with John Book utilizing his detective skills and resourcefulness, while Gollum relies on his agility and cunning. Despite Gollum's attempts to outmaneuver him, John Book ultimately subdues him with his expertise in hand-to-hand combat, emerging victorious. Freiburg Venom vs. Egypt Starfalls: Character assignment: Venom (from "Venom") vs. Anubis (from "The Mummy Returns"). The showdown takes place in an ancient temple, with Venom unleashing his symbiotic powers and brute strength, while Anubis commands the forces of darkness and ancient magic. In a fierce battle, Venom overwhelms Anubis with his relentless onslaught, ultimately enveloping him in symbiotic tendrils and claiming victory.
  20. You think they’re in a hurry to trade the best player on their team 🥴 for an unsure unproven QB,
  21. Good run blocker 😖 meh. Pass pro excellent fautana I love he’s nasty a dawg in a phone booth. JC lanthum I like but I see him as RT/ G
  22. Was never really a fan of Peat. At the moment, all I can think of is rhymes with beat. He primarily played OG in the league during his career and for a reason. He's also had a lot of injury issues.
  23. This is such a dumb point. Nobody is taking Penix #1 overall. You're drafting a guy who has a history of injuries because he has the physical tools to potentially be something in the NFL. A smart team will cover their arses. The idea isn't that a backup is as good as Penix. The idea is that you need somebody competent if Penix misses time, which seems bound to happen at some point based on his injury history. As you yourself said, there's a shortage of quality starting QBs. If Penix can be that and you don't have one, you take him, and you cover your arse to the best of your ability. I assert that it's not hard to find a quality backup if you prioritize it. If you're willing to spend cap space or draft capital on one, you can obtain one. And the team that drafts Penix should make sure they have one. As for the rest of your drivel, you can stop trying to read between the lines. Because you're missing the mark badly. I also just have to continue to laugh at you believing that instructing a guy to scramble for yardage (and then give himself up before getting hit) when he has a seam is somehow putting him at this much greater risk of injury. C'mon.
  1. Load more activity