All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The average margin of victory for Washington the past two seasons has been +11 points or so. He has played in a lot of close games and narrow victories. Compared that to JJ McCarthy and Michigan who have an average margin of victory over the past two seasons at +25 points which I have talked about before and if you take out the ranked teams they played which was only two regular season each year so four total, those other twenty games the average was like 40-10 final score..... So just because Penix Jr was in some close games does not mean he is an bad QB and McCarthy is better. It means McCarthy played on a stacked football team with a great defense, Washington had an over achieving defense this year especially but that helped them make the title game. Honestly though that defense against quality teams was nothing great at all and gave up tons of yards and they were always in close games especially against good competition. They had a solid secondary but that front seven was a question mark outside of Trice who was the only real start on the DL. Compare that to Michigan who will have arguably 6 guys off their DL drafted in the NFL and two being 1st round picks next year. Not sure Penix Jr is the fault for all those close games, or McCarthy is the reason for those blowout wins. By the way at the Pro day Penix Jr ran and jumped, 4.5.9 40 and 36.5" vertical both tops at the QB position for those that participated. Impressive for a guy some think is a hit or two away from never walking again apparently.
  3. You always consider a trade offer, but I think trade ups in first for non-QBs are going to be increasingly more rare. Unless it is short hops. I think Flus signaled Bears were happy drafting at 9 when he said they could add two blues in draft.
  4. I think the other part of it is that in the draft process, he's looked really comfortable taking reps as a Center. There's value in that, as most pure Guard projections can't really play C. But Barton looks like he could easily play either. He can do the things you need a Center to do. He also has the traits that's he far from a "Center Only" limited sort of guy.
  5. I love that! Me and Ian Cummings used to write for the same blog a decade ago. He was in college & I was like 35 😂 He's a really good talent evaluator. I love Sinnott, he reminds me so much of Cooley. I really hope we can get him in R3.
  6. 'Big offseason' for Rasheed Walker but Packers confident in him (msn.com) Maybe Rasheed was not as good as many of us thought he was last year. I don't make PFF the end all be all, but those are some below average numbers. Walker finished the season allowing six sacks and 36 pressures. He ranked 35th out of 50 eligible tackles in PFF's pass-blocking efficiency metric and 41st in run-blocking grade.
  7. Do you think NE passes at 3 if he's there?
  8. Can anyone explain why Daniels is the betting favorite over Maye at 2nd overall? Maye was the favorite heading into the process, is widely regarded as the better prospect, and the only thing I can see that swayed the odds towards Daniels is the signing of Marcus Mariota and the perceived fit Daniels has over Maye in Kingbury's offense.
  9. It wouldn’t be shocking to me. He likes his current LT. And RT is going nowhere. OT is definitely on table though as an upgrade. I wouldn’t hate it depending on who was there. I think he has his board and BPA is coming off in absence of a trade that looks better. My guess is there are factions in building making their case to GM. D guys are pushing for edge. O guys are pushing for WR or OT. Decision is probably made already. They are just going through scenarios depending on how board falls and if a trade offer comes in.
  10. I like Barton's quickness and awareness a lot as a Center. And that ability to always play in balance is very useful at C. That's where i'd project him for more value. But it's easy to see him as a great Guard too. I just think that a really good C is a bigger anchor to your line these days than a Guard...so the value is a bit more there. But ultimately G/C value and where he fits best might even just come down to scheme. I can definitely see the Thuney comp too. I don't know that he'd hold up on the edge, but sometimes guys with the right coaching, system, and scrappy drive can hold on when absolutely necessary. Just adds appeal to Barton it he's that potential "all positions" guy. I just wouldn't want to have to play him there. But C/G...and with versatility to swap between them.
  11. That's what makes this such a hard decision for Peters bc between Daniels, Maye & McCarthy, I think they all have the “between the ears” stuff down. I think they're leaders with good heads on their shoulders, who will process things well and work hard to improve on their weaknesses. With that being the case, the tape of how they consistently perform in the pocket has to be the determining factor for me. Maybe has a lot to work on with his footwork as many have pointed out like @Slappy Mc pointed out as well in his breakdown of his Maye’s pro day. But it also screams the lack of talent Maye was working with when his receivers were running sloppy routes and dropping passes in scripted plays that I'm sure they've all gone over every day for a month. That's what makes Maye’s evaluation hard to me. Then with McCarthy it's a hard evaluation bc Harbaugh didn't ask him to do much at all the last 2 years in college. It's a very hard projection to take what JJ did in college to the pros. He only threw the ball 22 times & 23 times in his 2 years in college. His stats are underwhelming for a starting QB bc he wasn't asked todo much? Now was that bc Harbaugh didn't trust JJ to carry the team in the passing game or bc Harbaugh saw the best way to win was give it to Corum & Donovan Edwards all game? I lean to the former bc when Harbaugh had Andrew Luck he threw the ball 31 times a game & let Luck carry the offense more off his arm than he ever did with McCarthy. I don't know, McCarthy just screams average NFL starter ceiling to me. Daniels if he progresses in the pocket - doesn't run too much - and stays healthy can be a top 10 QB I think but, Maye is still the one for me. I don't see Maye as a finished product. He all the skills/size & strength you want from in an NFL QB plus that sneaky athleticism like Josh Allen, Herbert & Big Ben. For that reason I still lean Maye bc I just see him progressing so much under Kingsbury, Brian Johnson & Pritchard. I think they're going to take that raw talent w/ flashes of greatness we've seen in college out of Maye and mold it into a top 5 ish QB by year 3.
  12. I’m taking whatever the over is on Jayden Daniels right now
  13. Reminds me of this last year. https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/22/josh-mccown-implies-panthers-draft-cj-stroud
  14. While I never thought Penix was a statue like a lot of people claim, I did not see a sub 4.5 40-yard dash coming. It is really impressive and speaks to his commitment of winning from the pocket. I am still skeptical of his decision-making and streaky accuracy, but he has a lot of traits that work in the NFL.
  15. I know that I mean I can see why we kept stidham rather than adding the same type of thing in free agency.
  16. I think a lot of people see him at center because he played six games there on 2020. Been a left tackle since. I could see him at any spot inside tbh.
  17. “but just as he's about to deliver the finishing blow, Aquaman summons a tidal wave to engulf The Rock, ultimately securing the victory” God damn rubberband mechanic
  18. These are the two factors that really make me less a fan of the options presented in the poll. The fact they grabbed a random later round QB in AOC who...outperformed expectations, i feel like it makes trying the later round lottery again kind of pointless. You already won your $10 on a $5 scratcher ticket. Yes...you could play again, but how much better do most late round QBs end up being that...what AOC showed with that team, in that system? You could win a million bucks. But you could also just be flushing another $5 down the toilet and trying to manage 3 Roster QBs is basically an impossible nightmare that you want to avoid. Particularly when two of them are young and inexperienced. There just aren't enough snaps to go around. Plus just...taking up an extra inactive spot on gamedays. Plus the questionmarks about how good the team really is. How will they fare when they're not just riding that "post McDaniels boost"? As that wears off over the grind of an ever longer season...will they be able to sustain that sort of performance? Will individuals hold up? With the team hold up? Maybe. But also...maybe not. Which is where i'd say...go up and get your guy in McCarthy or possibly Maye if it can be done reasonably. But otherwise...just let Moustache Ride and as much as he's not "the answer", he's good enough to at least tell you if that was a mirage or if you need to go full bore doing whatever it takes because you truly are just a "QB away".
  19. Stidham is a below average QB. Sean may be able to scheme him into something halfway decent, but lets not kid ourselves here. There's a reason we have a contingent of 3-5 people at 7 different QBs pro-days and workouts.
  20. Sounds like the question came from a Washington beat writer to be honest
  21. I say no, but it's only no for that compensation. If we were to offer 12, 2024 3rd, 2025 1st and like a 2026 2nd or something, I would be all for it. But I do not think we can effectively rebuild and retool the roster without those picks the next two years. I would also make the argument that 2025 1st is likely to be a high pick, so you're giving up another potential blue chip opportunity. It doesn't feel worth it to me. I am not opposed to trading up - if Payton has a guy and he wants him, go for it. But I think it's clear that we don't want to mortgage the future in this rebuild if we don't absolutely have to.
  1. Load more activity