All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Because this entire thread isn’t repetitive at this point?
  3. Obviously OL is a need that cannot be overlooked. I’m 100% onboard with either BPA OT or OC at 24. I kinda feel that if we can walk away with best OC (JPJ) in the draft, we will have a serviceable OL… just simply move Smith out to LT. I’m okay with a trade down but only if we can still secure elite OL talent with the pick. That being said, I think we strongly have to consider QB as well. I like our chances of winning in 2026-2028 with a young, cheap QB.
  4. LOLOLOLOL i forgot about that video thank you for posting it. My favorite thing to reply to that dude when he asks im sitting here with 3 plungers to my head how worse can it get. I always say and yet somehow you still don't look as dumb as the Giants FO did when they made that pick. But to be fair my team the Falcons did the same thing when we took Jamaal Anderson at edge at 8. I hated him more than any prospect in history and said i wouldn't take him til the 6th round in so many mocks on this board when ppl kept given him to us. I argued with so many ppl and even got warned a few times when i was so mad when ppl would give him to us. Then those sorry old falcons did me in and took him anyways and made me look like a fool on here when i told ppl we would never take that bum. So i feel his pain
  5. One of them is sarcasm. Read them again. Good luck
  6. I remember thinking Philadelphia really lucked out when they picked him. It hasn't worked out for him there, but the Pack always seems to do a good job with their O-line, so maybe you guys can get some of that talent out of him. He won't cost you much of he doesn't work out, so it's certainly worth a try.
  7. err... as a lifelong Allman Brothers fan, i can say that Dicky was not a "country picker." yes, he grew up in a musical family where country and swing was the music he heard and first learned, but he and Barry Oakley were in a rock band when they were 16. and other than his solo album, Highway Call, Betts' music was always rock oriented. it just got more "easy listening" as time went on, plus he no longer had the effect of Duane Allman's blues style to work off of and around. Betts was a rock guitarist through and through, with even a flare for jazz-like improvisation. which is why he urged the band to not bring in another guitarist after Duane's death, and instead bring on keyboardist Chuck Levell who was a R&B/jazz guy. in Dickey's later years, the life of drug use and mainly the alcohol, had lessened his ability to compose anything original, and he was just getting by on playing old favorites. this is one of the finest acoustic solos a blues fan will ever hear, thanks to Betts, Greg Allman, and Warren Haynes:
  8. This kind of draft (an inevitable first round QB) only comes around every several years. Maybe 15, if we get lucky. I'll take the good with the bad, Minny has been in the spotlight and it's exciting to have our future's center be "annointed" in a week... but the bad's head is certainly rearing.
  9. If it's similar to what they ran at the Rams it would for sure be Turner over Verse probably. Rah and lakes drpped their 3-4 olb edges in coverage more than any other team in the nfl last year. This is something Verse is not built for but Turner on the other hand did it over 250+ times where as Verse and Latu were at 30 and 70. I'l give Turner credit where credit is do actually for him to drop in coverage almost 5 times as much as those 2 and still put up double digit sacks in the sec last year is quite fricken impressive. If you take his 20%+ pressure clip last year and avg out the sacks from it thats like another 5 sacks on the season instead of being in coverage. That puts him at around 15 sacks on the season which is more than latu and Verse last year. This is coming from someone who has been going against Turner all offseason compared to other 2 but after paying more attention to our scheme rah ran with the rams and finding out about turner in coverage so much i have came all the way back around on him as a more than respectable choice at 10. Honestly at this point i sorta expect him to be the pick based on the scheme fit now. Also if the Cards don't pull the trigger on that deal come draft day and one of the Qb's fall to us at 8 you 100% better believe im offering 8 and 43 for Surtain and 12 lol. might even throw in a 3rd next year if need be.
  10. Harold Perkins is going to be an interesting test case next year to see if the NFL still values off ball linebackers enough to take them high. He was so fun to watch as a freshman but the conversion off ball has been rocky.
  11. I don’t like Bears taking defense. I know they say we need a pass rusher opposite of Sweat. But No ty. I’d rather bolster the O Line before we go there. I’d trade all the way to the 20 range and take the C from Oregon who can sit for a year and get another pick for the 2nd and go best available guard
  12. Patrick Peterson didn’t turn into an elite corner until he got his diabetes under control. Year three IIRC.
  13. First up, Ex's and Oh's by Atreyu. Sure the Madden version was heavily edited but I could just tell from the riffs that this was a banger From the same soundtrack, A Still Life Franchise by Less Tha Jake. Who would have thought a song about a pyromaniac trying to delete himself would be so upbeat? And lastly from the following year's edition, Redemption by Shadows Fall, another hard banger. Hearing all of these really takes me back to high school and all the ups and downs that went along with it. No matter how good or bad I felt in life, there was Madden, it's great gameplay and awesome soundtracks.
  14. one thing we all have in common is we've all grown tired of waiting for the draft to occur, and answers to happen. and then potentially even more questions. it's a restless period of time to be a NFL fan.
  15. Pro bowl isn't about being good. It's about being popular
  16. 2017 Eagles? Really? The game where defense was ignored for the entire game save the final play by Brandon Graham at the end? And, don’t list either the 2000 Ravens or the 2002 Bucs. The 2000 Ravens had one of the best defenses in the history of the league (not to mention a style of play that the league rules now prevent), and the Bucs knew the entire Raiders playbook. While I agree that our defense crapped the bed and we’re weak at head coach, Dak is culpable, too. Wow, you apologists amaze me. You literally fish for anything to ensure that our QB - who keeps coming up small in those games and plays terribly - is never held accountable. Please, quit while you’re behind and find a different hill to die on.
  17. Legion of Boom would be the team strength, but focal point I'm assuming means the offensive focal point in which it was most definitely Marshawn Lynch. Like would you say the 1985 Bears, Walter Payton wasn't the focal point because the 1985 Bears strength was it's defense?
  18. Just for that we're not signing Dalton Risner.
  19. You would need a QB with zero ego for that one. AR is not the only guy to get p.o.ed if you constantly trade his favorite weapons away. I remember more than a little grumbling that Favre wanted Moss before and after he was drafted. That would have been one hell of a show. You have to retain some vets and if you have a guy completely in tune with the system and with your QB, there is some premium you need to put on that. The WR market is getting a little crazy, tho. Can’t keep ‘em all.
  20. I heard that. I don’t buy it. I suspect Mark E’s (old *** Eagles beat guy who was on pack a day) scout sources are either fairly outdated or they’re just the bar bum types that McGinn keeps in the Rolodex. No way does anyone have Edgerrin as a top 5 player.
  21. My cheeks are more than a little chapped from paying him not to play for multiple seasons immediately after he signed a market setting deal for LT just when we needed him in our final window with AR. I guess that makes things even?
  22. That was my thought, as well. Especially with Royce due for an escalator in his contract if we keep him on the 53, he may have priced himself beyond his level of service. We’ve brought some solid but not spectacular vets in mid season like Veldheer and Dennis Kelly. They generally filled in for spot duty reasonably well. This feels a bit different. A guy with crazy athletic upside and some bad injury luck but also some pretty down years for what you want from a frp. Maybe there is something there the other teams couldn’t tap into. Probability would suggest he’s not up for it but he gets his shot to compete in camp, hope he runs with it. *Damn, that tape of his lowlights is brutal. Maybe he doesn’t belong on an island? Kick him inside or only run him at LT with our 3rd or 4th string QB. I wouldn’t even want to subject Clifford to that kind of danger.
  23. Michael Pratt, provided he lands in the right system. He doesn't have the best arm but he does make goos reads and doesn't panic and make stupid mistakes.
  1. Load more activity