All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I bring this up because this scoring system in a little different then last years and puts a small strategy twist on it. Just to clarify your scoring system, you are saying the points will be scored like this. Points for the correct player selected with the correct pick. A.) 8 B.) 7 C.) 6 D.) 5 E.) 4 Points for correct player selected off by 1, 2 or 3 picks. A.) 6 B.) 5 C.) 4 D.) 3 E.) 2
  3. I’m more basing it on the pro day visits and where LB coach Curry went to…plus him being on the 30 visit list.
  4. one more week of waiting i need the draft to get here. going to have pizza that i wont be paying for and maybe 5 dirty titos martinis with an edible.
  5. Hungary Hemorrhoids Favorite Pick: 2.5 Cooper DeJean DB Iowa Big fan of DeJean would have taken him 2.7 if PR let him slide. Love the versatility he can bring to their secondary behind that pass rush. 10th overall on my board Least Favorite Pick: 5.9 Blake Fisher OT ND I get the need here but I had Rosengarten higher and there may have even been some better choices imo at the position. We will see how he develops and where he lands. Player I am higher on than the consensus: 2.5 Cooper DeJean DB Iowa This is a smaller draft class so these choices will merge. But DeJean as I wrote was 10th on my board and I don’t believe many have him that high. Player I am lower on than the consensus: 4.13 Blake Corum RB Michigan I think he has a useful skill set and is a good back for rotation. Not the worst value at pick 61 overall and I know there’s a Michigan crush there for PR so go get your guys but for me there were better options to help this team at this pick. But still a solid choice considering need, school fandom. @PR @Daniel
  6. Which certainly has been well-hashed here by many people. I still minimize any analysis of him from that because he had literally only been in the building for 90 days before the draft. He probably barely knew where all the bathrooms were at, let alone grasping all the work that had been done by the previous administration up to when he arrived and putting his input into it.
  7. FIFY. It is easier to find a good coach who can win with a somewhat flawed QB.
  8. Penix for me. 4 season ending injuries is a huge red flag but he's been healthy for two seasons now, so I think the injury stuff is slightly overblown. Sure a 24 year old rookie isn't ideal, but wasn't Burrow 24 coming out too? That's not the end of the world. I think him not thriving when plays break down is the biggest concern personally, but it's worth the "risk" on him when he's probably the best pure thrower in the draft. His deep ball is A++.
  9. Protect the franchise with JPJ. If Murphy had been available he would've gotten my vote. Landing McCarthy and JPJ would be a homerun draft on paper, IMO.
  10. how many starters you get from a draft class is impacted by a few factors. Draft capital (as you noted that Houston and Detroit had more picks that the average team in the first 2/3 rounds) and how many holes there are to fill. bad teams with lots of holes should get more starters than teams that are title contenders.
  11. Easier to find productive WR after round 1 than it is capable LT's. This is only if you rate them equally.
  12. Would there be an offer enticing enough that you would prefer it over Maye? IMO, the Pats should feel the same as you do, but you never know. There is a ton of smoke about them trading back. So much so that I find it hard to believe it is all solely driven by pundits and draftniks trying to find interesting trade up spots for the Vikings/Giants/Broncos in their mocks and TV segments.
  13. Ok, assuming mediocre WR corps and a mediocre OL, I take the OT. I have Alt graded slightly higher than Nabers, and I still put LT as a more premium position than WR.
  14. I think he means in seasons post SB wins for both Favre and Rodgers. And I was just thinking. We have a lot of really weird playoff losses.
  15. I think someone in top 8 takes a deal. It only takes one. So many teams punted on QB last year or gave a vet one more year. Created a lot of demand for this year.
  16. Peter Schrager dropped his "what i hear from my connections mock" the other day and it had us trading back and drafting JC Latham Daniel Jeremiah randomly tweeted "here's a trade up thought - Chicago moving to #6 to get Joe Alt of he's still there" Are we starting to see some smoke regarding next week's plan?
  17. Yeah, and those were fantastic draft classes. Maybe I'm nitpicking his choice of words, but a "goal" of getting 4 established starters in a draft makes a ton of sense. Set your goals high. But expecting or planning on getting 4 established starters every draft? That's impossible and unprecedented. We are talking about the 2 best drafts from last year from teams who had TONS of extra draft capital. The Texans had 2 of the top 3 picks and 4 in the top 70. The Lions had 2 top-20 picks and 5 in the top 70. This cannot be your barometer of success in a draft.
  18. IIRC people thought the Patriots massively overpaid for Gilmore. Count me in as one of those people who did not see him becoming as dominant as he did in the years that followed.
  19. Rams ended up with four starters in last years draft and I think all good some ROY votes and a punter as well. That seems like a rarity though especially when not all teams go into a draft needing that many starters.
  20. If Fields played better it would be awesome to trade with a NE and get number one overall yet again. You could keep getting extra high picks in draft in near perpetuity as long as you were happy with your QB.
  21. But we don’t know that type of offer is there. Again we are talking about the FOURTH quarterback prospect. Would you guys be happy if we didn’t have #1, and it had been so bad with Fields this past year, if we were talking about trading a bunch to move up for JJ McCarthy?? I know I’d be irate If the offer is just 11+23? Is that enough to miss out on MHJ? Maybe miss out on all three WRs? Risk that you aren’t able to trade back up? Or that you end up having to send 11+ 3 or 4 more picks to LAC to go back and get MHJ? Again, this may all happen, but to pretend that it’s “just that simple” is not reality. Id imagine ARZ has gone down all these avenues already, and either have them all in place OR they have already decided that it’s too much of a headache and just stand pat and take possibly the best player in the Draft at #4
  1. Load more activity