All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I would be shocked if Poles considered anyone other than a OT at #9.
  3. To me, their ideal scenario was to be bad enough last year to be in position to draft a QB high this year. But that didn't really happen. Plan B, to me, should be to call this year a wash, roll with Minshew as a bridge QB, and hope to be in position next year to draft a QB high. But I don't feel like the Raiders see things this way. Like, the Wilkins signing, to me, is the kind of signing a team makes if they think they'll be legitimately competitive within a year or two. Given that view, you almost have to push hard for a QB, whether that's a trade up or reaching for one of the second round guys. Because no matter how much you like your roster, you aren't competing with Minshew. Throw me in the camp of those not particularly high on the Raiders roster. Any argument in favor of it not being an overall weak roster is far too reliant on a small sample size of late season games against a lot of backup QBs with an interim head coach. And that's a dangerous thing to buy into. I remember the 2011 Chiefs. Fired Todd Haley, had a nice little finish under Romeo Crennell. Only allowed 11 points per game in that final stretch with our new, beloved by the players, defense oriented head coach. Defense seemed legit. Went 2-1, with both wins over playoff teams. Knocked off the 13-0 Packers. And then we went 2-14.
  4. Scores now Toucan - 550 Skywind - 520 Shady - 510 After today we have 3 games that matter Skywinds picks marquette over nc state (3/29 409p) purdue over gonzaga (3/29 439p) tennessee over creighton (3/29 709p) Toucans picks tennessee over creighton (3/29 709p) Shadys picks gonzaga over purdue (3/29 439p) creigton over tenn (3/29 709p) Lets go through all the iterations Nc state gonzaga tennessee winner: toucan Marquette Gonzaga Tennessee Winner: skywind Nc state Purdue Tennesse Winner: skywind Marquette Purdue Tennessee Winner: skywind Nc state gonzaga Creighton Winner: shady Marquette Gonzaga Creighton Winner: shady Nc state Purdue Creighton Winner: skywind Marquette Purdue Creighton Winner: skywind That means that @Shady Slim wins if and only if both creighton and gonzaga wins @TOUCAN wins if and only if nc state, gonzaga, and tennessee wins Otherwise @skywindO2 wins the early games are nc state/marquette and gonzaga/purdue. if purdue wins, its over and skywind wins. If purdue loses.... if nc state then wins, skywind is eliminated and tenn/creighton will decide it between shady/toucan If marquette then wins, toucan is eliminated and tenn/creighton will decide it between shady/skywind
  5. I was honestly getting a similar feeling, that maybe he might be someone in play to make a small trade up for.
  6. I think he was referring to the people who dislike/are rooting against Caleb because of the whole painting nails thing. There's a lot of people who see that a project a lot of negative qualities solely based on stereotypes around it. Of course that implies that no one could possibly think Caleb will bust outside of 'character issues' (or that you were merely joking with Bears fans/hype, I don't know your eval). Definitely hanging out a bit too much online/reached on that one.
  7. Nothing tickles more than unc and caleb love both going home today
  8. I'm not dying on any hill. Penix is the one dying if you take up the mentality that he ran a good 40 time and had a good trick play one time, so you should be encouraging him to take off and run a lot more. Exposing himself to a bunch more potential physical harm. lol. Again, for the third time...he looks "plenty fast" means absolutely nothing. I'm not debating that and his 40 time at the Pro Day doesn't change anything on that front. He doesn't show any real aptitude for that "dual threat QB" mentality on tape. That's the issue with taking his 40 time and running with the idea that he should be...running a lot more. If you can get him to be more willing to recognize when he's been forced to reset off his spot and isn't going to make a good play downfield as a passer...get him just take off for his 5 yards and slide? Cool. Like i said, maybe there's merit in that. But it's one of those things that is often pretty difficult to "coach" into a guy who simply doesn't have that mentality in the first place.
  9. Can you really count Jalen Green as a sleeper, sooo many talking about him bcuz of his production.
  10. I mean, you're blowing right past the obvious warning signs here. If you're drafting Penix under the genuine belief that you won't have significant drop-off from him to his backup if he gets injured, then why are you even drafting Penix as a presumptive starter in the first place? That really says more about the quality of your starter than the backup, because the vast majority of backups are kind of terrible and a massive drop-off from Starter caliber. That's why they're backups...and nobody has ponied up the premium to make them a Starter over their inadequate guy there. You assert that it's easy to just find these great backups where you can just completely shrug off an injury to your Starter. And the examples are...The Hat Name Guy, who busted completely because lo and behold, trying to find good QBs is hard for a lot of reasons. And a JimmyG who is both completely washed and suspended. If you're drafting a QB like Penix under the premise that you might as well run up the already high injury risk even further, because it's easy to find "good backups" who won't be an enormous drop-off from the Starter...you're basically implying that you don't think there's a huge drop-off from Penix to current version JimmyG. Which...frankly, i wouldn't draft any QB anywhere near early, who isn't a massive upgrade on JimmyG right now. That seems wild.
  11. Berry is a solid GM, IMO. The Watson trade and - more so - guaranteed contract has Haslam's fingerprints all over it, IMO.
  12. Exodia The Forbidden One just retired...AD
  13. He looks plenty fast. And nobody is saying the guy is Mike Vick. He doesn't need to be. What the 40 time tells me as a NFL HC is that I should encourage Penix to run more when there's a seam. He has the straight-line speed to pick up chunks when teams underestimate him. But continue dying on whatever hill it is you're on.
  14. iowa state made the wrong decision maybe 70% of the time tonight. what a disaster of a night
  15. You're kidding me. If you take Penix, you know what you're getting in terms of injury risk, regardless of whether he scrambles or doesn't. It is hilariously naive to not be prepared for that. Why didn't the Rams have a good backup in 2022? Because McVay took a risk and paid for it. That's why we drafted Stetson last year (which also blew up on us because of Stetson's personal issues) and then signed Jimmy this year. There are good backups around if you're a team motivated to bring them in.
  16. Again, it's not about "speed" at all. That's why the 40 time at a Pro Day doesn't really matter much. He doesn't look particularly "fast" there but that doesn't really matter because he's "fast enough" to get the job done and his testing shows that maybe he's got a bit more top end than expected. But it's not about that. Did the "Philly Special" make Nick Foles a great athletic scrambling dual threat QB? It's about instincts as a scrambler and "dual threat" QB. Which are not particularly showcased by a trick throwback play. 😆
  17. I think that's pretty much the general consensus? Clowney was solid last year. But that's not what people are talking about here. It's the fact that motivation can be an issue, and the likelihood that going to a much weaker organization with far less robust defensive players around him, and a couple years of money in the bank...at home...there's a very significant non-zero chance that he takes it easy and doesn't look nearly as solid as he did in a perfect situation and highly motivated in Baltimore.
  18. Looks plenty fast here. https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/35118846
  19. Denver can offer 1st, 3rd & next yrs 2nd. Raiders 1st & 2nd rd pick
  20. it seems like illinois has figured out the guy in the weakside corner doesn't have anyone within 15 feet of him on every trip
  1. Load more activity