All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Just like many things in history, the controversy over the kickoff's risk is not new...
  3. Granted a lot of this will be changed once we start doing things in FA after some restructures/cuts/etc. I've seen the rumor about Reddick and speculation about Danna. Wouldn't mind bringing in Akhello Witherspoon and John Johnson to add to the secondary. Wasn't there speculation that Troy Reeder would follow Morris?
  4. Eh, I will believe a trade into 7 before the draft when I see it and not a second before. 7 is far down enough that it’s impossible to assure that your trade target is there. Easy for another team to jump you, or if it’s for a QB, easy for the Giants to steal your thunder. Doesn’t make sense.
  5. 😆 😆 😆 That reads very similar to a Barton profile. The thing where i'd take issue is maybe the "foot quickness". I find Barton has good quickness, it's just that because of his lack of length, he's not as rangy with with it. Not just the reach, but physically doesn't gain the same depth or compensate back as quickly or easily in his footwork as an actual LT prospect. That's where i don't really see him holding up on the edge. But i don't think his real "quickness" is a problem. He just isn't able to cover enough ground with adjustments in space. I think his quickness is actually a plus with Barton. He moves suddenly, reads and reacts and moves quickly and does it all perfectly in balance...he just doesn't move quite as far as you'd like from a Tackle. I'd also maybe argue that his core strength is better as a prospect at least. Never really a weakness for Thuney as a Pro...but i'd also say it's not really a major weakness for Barton. I think it's a small part of where Center might be the better fit for Barton though. But depends on scheme really. He's not a guy with the mauling power to drive guys off in the run game like a "classic" Guard. That's where it probably comes down to scheme where he's best or most valuable to a team. But that's nitpicking. The overall profile definitely aligns with a guy like Thuney.
  6. Figured it was about time to start chatting (hopefully) about the upcoming draft/our picks. What are everyone's thoughts on pick 8 and beyond? Personally, I don't want to pick at 8 unless one of the top WRs are there. I know that seems unlikely, but if we are taking an EDGE or CB in the first (maybe even IDL), I'd prefer a smallish trade down like a swap at 15 for the Colts pick at the furthest. I see a scenario in which Odunze is there at 8 and the Colts start calling as Ballard loves his athletes. A trade would roughly be 15 and 46 for 8 and 109. Much more comfortable taking one of the defensive players there than at 8. I see another scenario where we make a smaller trade with the Vikings (say 11, 108, and 2025 4th maybe for 8?) in order for them to make their path to 3-5 more practical for the team they trade with, similar to the Eagles trade up for Wentz in 2016) If we stay at 8 and don't take the 3rd WR (if there), I don't have a lean when it comes to EDGE or CB, think I would prefer Newton to Murphy if we go IDL. At 43, Braswell, Robinson, or Kneeland at EDGE, Rakestraw or Melton at CB, maybe Jenkins at IDL, and I still think we need another receiver, so any of that tier of WR (Coleman, Piersall, McConkey, etc). 74 and 79, Trice or Ellis for EDGE, Ruke Orhorhoro or Michael Hall IDL, Paul or Amegadjie at OL, Polk at WR, and Hicks or Bullock at S. Maybe even take a swing at a QB here? Thoughts/Suggestions?
  7. I'm with you on Maye, I think he's been their target the whole time. Also like the under on 4.5 QBs in the first. Nix and Penix are definitely not st rounders to me But i don't trust Harbaugh to take Nabers at 5. I think he'd be OK with Palmer. QJ, 2nd-3rd round rookie, and a Tyler Boyd type. Seems like a spot for Alt imo Edit- I didn't see your last sentence there about Fuaga and LA lol
  8. I think we go WR if MHJ/Nabers/Odunze is there, but I’d feel a lot more comfortable not going DE in R1 had we done anything to bolster the position in FA, even if that anything was bringing in a rotational guy still out there like Ngakoue again, Carl Lawson or Ogbah. Verse is my guy but I can very much see Latu being Poles’ and Flus’ guy too if they’re good with the neck stuff. He’s the most refined pass rusher in the group and he has plenty of size (though average arm length).
  9. They should extend him in the 45 million a year range for 3-4 years and have a rotation of developmental backups behind him. I think Miami would be a good spot for Rattler or Pratt. And, under no circumstances do you give him a no trade clause.
  10. Not a fan of the trade. If the drop from 10 to 22 that is a very big drop. If I traded down it would be mid teens and grab an extra 2nd round pick this year.
  11. I think they’re trading down if Maye isn’t there.
  12. Yeah. Normally, you just don't get this sort of opportunity. But it feels like the scenario has the fans held at bay for at least another year, if it comes to that. Part of it is also just that Pats fans aren't using to losing a lot. I'm sure it's been a new and frightening experience for many. But with that, seems to come a little bit more patience for the "rebuild of the rebuild" or whatever this is. The Bill Rebuild failed. Badly. But this is the first real year of "reset" on that. Very different level of urgency than the Bears and Washington who have been rebuilding for...forever ever. Plus...the reality is...Miami are facing quite the fork in the road this season. And Buffalo...well, the reality is you're not going to consistently reclaim the division until you can find a QB to rival Big Joshy. Which is setting a pretty high bar. So you've gotta make sure you get it right. Or...build one dominant football team. Or both. I really don't know how this ultimately works out. If it were easy to figure out an obvious trend, it'd make finding a QB a lot easier. 😆 Sometimes it's a little more obvious than others than a lot of guys are being inflated. But the reality is...it seems like you sometimes get absolutely Elite QBs out of those "risers". Other times you get total busts. But overall...i'd say later "risers" tend to fare better than "fallers" on the whole. But i ain't done the mathematics on that. Next year is just setting up to be a kind of weird class. It's being called "weak"...but a decent chunk of it is guys who were part of this "strong" class who dropped out to go back and prove something more. The headliners aren't Caleb level...but were also generally being discussed as ahead of Nix/Penix even right down to them not declaring. And i'd agree with that for the most part. McCarthy is a bit of an anomaly, in that he's one of those "climbed almost an entire round since the last game was played" types. That...hrmmm... Might just be a lot of the mainstream catching up to the football world. Or it's a huge mistake. Meanwhile...Maye has felt like he's falling a bit. Might still go #2 or 3. But his hype is a lead balloon. Which isn't usually a positive indicator on trajectory. And personally, i think he's the best QB prospect in the draft...but it's pretty hard to deny he's also arguably the biggest potential bust. So you look at him being very raw and inconsistent vs guys next year...where maybe somebody starts to pull away with more consistency, or has a Daniels type megaseason...Intriguing. But the Patriots will probably just do the obvious thing, take the 3rd QB and the draft will start at 5.
  13. https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1773685692180111411?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA Looks like that “had a contract and went to sign it” story was a lie.
  14. Three in the middle where we excel at getting quality offensive linemen for me please.
  15. Daniels closed the gap on Maye before the combine. Maye had a lot of inertia coming into the season because he had a statistically great 2022 season. Daniels has a lot of inertia coming off of a statistically better season in 2023 and won the Heisman. Based on their respective seasons, it makes sense that Daniels would be viewed as a more attractive prospect for the Commanders, along with the two factors you listed. I have Daniels as my QB2 because I view Daniels as a better passer than Maye and an elite runner based on 2023. Maye has a better frame, but I have serious questions about his decision making and accuracy.
  16. I'm down to trade down...and I get the thinking about taking advantage of a great offer because it might not be there come draft day...I just hate the idea of trading the 7th pick BEFORE the draft. IMO we should only trade 7 once we're on the clock (but acknowledge the risk there, as well)
  17. I agree on your take about Barton at tackle. That also seems like an apt comparison to Thuney. Thuney played left tackle at times during his college tenure but he served as an emergency left tackle for us. On a separate note, here is what Zierlein had to say about Thuney as a draft prospect....LOL. By Lance Zierlein NFL Analyst Overview Thuney is a three-year starter who has shown overall improvement in all aspects of his game and the position diversity that offensive line coaches love and need. Unfortunately, his lack of foot quickness and arm length make him an unlikely NFL tackle and his core strength and frame deficiencies will make a move to guard very difficult. Ultimately, center might be his only NFL shot.
  18. That’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me
  19. Today
  20. The average margin of victory for Washington the past two seasons has been +11 points or so. He has played in a lot of close games and narrow victories. Compared that to JJ McCarthy and Michigan who have an average margin of victory over the past two seasons at +25 points which I have talked about before and if you take out the ranked teams they played which was only two regular season each year so four total, those other twenty games the average was like 40-10 final score..... So just because Penix Jr was in some close games does not mean he is an bad QB and McCarthy is better. It means McCarthy played on a stacked football team with a great defense, Washington had an over achieving defense this year especially but that helped them make the title game. Honestly though that defense against quality teams was nothing great at all and gave up tons of yards and they were always in close games especially against good competition. They had a solid secondary but that front seven was a question mark outside of Trice who was the only real start on the DL. Compare that to Michigan who will have arguably 6 guys off their DL drafted in the NFL and two being 1st round picks next year. Not sure Penix Jr is the fault for all those close games, or McCarthy is the reason for those blowout wins. By the way at the Pro day Penix Jr ran and jumped, 4.5.9 40 and 36.5" vertical both tops at the QB position for those that participated. Impressive for a guy some think is a hit or two away from never walking again apparently.
  21. You always consider a trade offer, but I think trade ups in first for non-QBs are going to be increasingly more rare. Unless it is short hops. I think Flus signaled Bears were happy drafting at 9 when he said they could add two blues in draft.
  22. I think the other part of it is that in the draft process, he's looked really comfortable taking reps as a Center. There's value in that, as most pure Guard projections can't really play C. But Barton looks like he could easily play either. He can do the things you need a Center to do. He also has the traits that's he far from a "Center Only" limited sort of guy.
  23. I love that! Me and Ian Cummings used to write for the same blog a decade ago. He was in college & I was like 35 😂 He's a really good talent evaluator. I love Sinnott, he reminds me so much of Cooley. I really hope we can get him in R3.
  24. 'Big offseason' for Rasheed Walker but Packers confident in him (msn.com) Maybe Rasheed was not as good as many of us thought he was last year. I don't make PFF the end all be all, but those are some below average numbers. Walker finished the season allowing six sacks and 36 pressures. He ranked 35th out of 50 eligible tackles in PFF's pass-blocking efficiency metric and 41st in run-blocking grade.
  25. Do you think NE passes at 3 if he's there?
  26. Can anyone explain why Daniels is the betting favorite over Maye at 2nd overall? Maye was the favorite heading into the process, is widely regarded as the better prospect, and the only thing I can see that swayed the odds towards Daniels is the signing of Marcus Mariota and the perceived fit Daniels has over Maye in Kingbury's offense.
  1. Load more activity