All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. this is how I legit feel in my heart of hearts. I don't think JJ is going in the top 10...maybe not even the first. I doubt NFL GMs are as high on him as some of the media swirl/buzz is making it seem
  3. I lied. Sean Clifford has no business on an NFL field. That's as far as I'll go in critiquing a draft pick.
  4. Thanks. FYI for everyone, with the acquisition of Jaylen Wright, both Miles Sanders and Chuba Hubbard are available for trade for a day 3 pick. PM me.
  5. I love silly. Sorry, guess I hit a nerve. No 7th rounder has ever fallen into a better spot. You know I was talking SBs with Johnson remark. It's okay that I don't like Mr. IRRELEVANT. I'm not going to say he's even top 10 talent wise. He's had a modicum of success but I think that's more to do with his coach. Jimmy Garrapolo sucks.
  6. I remember posts on here after we drafted Randall, as guys were doing mental gymnastics to rationalize that pick. Like they wouldn't call it a horrible pick, or a bad pick. But they just HAD to justify why the pick was made. Almost like they were selling themselves on it. It was humorous. Sometimes a bad pick is just a bad pick. Sometimes the board is devastated and those kinds of picks happen. We just happen to get more data and info around the top prospects. No harm in saying that you hope a pick hits, but this one didn't make much sense. I'm not one to bag on later round picks, except for Clifford. That dude sucks rocks! Oh, and Watson still sucks.
  7. Love the Reiman pick... he was other target if we didn't get Theo.
  8. So is every fan on Washington’s fan pages. I think DQ calling Daniels a game changer has put the dial that direction. I’m not sold and don’t believe he’d give bland answers for every player then give such a telling answer for one if they were seriously seriously focusing that way it would be a huge blunder
  9. Interesting, according to the PFF draft prospect profile for Graham Barton, he has only taken game snaps at LT ... says zero snaps at LG, C, RG, & RT in any games for all of 2021, 2022, and 2023. I get that he has the measurables and presumably the talent to play any spot on the Oline, but that looks to be just 'very educated projection' as he appears to have no actual game experience at any other spot. meh, maybe I'm just nitpickin cuz I'm bored ....
  10. Titans had bad O-line and poor WR corps last year. Assuming they draft Alt, the line should be better but they've lost Henry. Their WR order of Ridley, Hopkins, Burks still looks like a below average group. And who knows with Levis.
  11. They had agreed to push it back to yesterday, but they supposedly had come up with the final financial partner a few days ago, so they believe they had complied. This will inevitably be a long-drawn out court/arbitration/mediation process. I ultimately will be surprised if they don't end up with the majority stake. I tend to agree with some of the speculation that he now feels that the sale price was too low (because of the current success), so he's trying to pull the plug on the deal to get more.
  12. Some of those guys (Burrow and Lamar tbh) get the benefit of the doubt. The others we still don't know how good they are at the moment, maybe besides PUrdy but I think he's just his own exception IMO. Goff was like Jordan Love but then he continued to play ata higher level and has gotten better actually each year, so he's also shedding that entire stigma of his Rams career (or should be, IMO)
  13. I'm not opposed to it, especially if we also trade back up to R1 for an OT or take one in R2.
  14. I agree other than the fact I think our best offinsive mind is about 2 coaches away from being OC behind Kingsberry and Smith. I really really like our QB coach. That said I agree with all that about Daniels. And it’s not just because I love JJ because Daniels was the guy I was leaning towards at seasons end. Always like JJ but never went back to scout. Just moreso watched him as a fan took notes then after the natty I was every game because I do final reports each year so i don’t watch previous years again and every season JJ hit the marks I set for him from season to season for his biggest knocks to improve. And because I like JJ and am willing to let him sit we’ve just never had a QB with Prototype size that wasn’t a statue. Which is why after breaking them all down once I finished Daniels Maye became my 3 though he has my biggest pet peev for QB’s. His feet. I hated Haskins and Sam’s sucked. I worry about Maye but I’d sit him as well. Both JJ or Maye would sit the first 6 games this season. And yes I get that means I have to watch the worse most college QB I loathed on tape for however many games so be it. Daniels just scares me. I watched RG a ton and back in that day I loved how tough he was in the pocket holding to throw a guy open and taking a hit and delivering a strike. But Jayden even being a better pocket guy by miles isn’t that guy. He’s a fearless runner but it’s not really fearlessness he’s not situationally aware. And for all the runner stuff he doesn’t run to throw and as I said about his pro day when he’s sliding to avoid pressure for as good of a passer as he is for a runner he doesn’t throw that great moving unless it’s a lob ball in open space and the NFL is about windows. I’ll route for him!!! But I’d prefer the player we take that maybe needs alittle more development and give them that then the guy who’s more developed who has a play style that we’ve seen cut short here because of the same exact flaws. Trust me I want those 9-12 RG years we all got stripped of just as bad as the next person. But I’ve said this before here and I’ll say it again. I know everybody thinks Williams is the gem. And I know it’s hard too see but I would take JJ number one job on the line. I think he has everything it takes to be a true professional QB on and off the field. He might not be exciting from the gate. But most of the best QB’s develop over time because their addicted to the process and love the game. The way JJ carried himself at Michigan I believe he’s that type of human.
  15. All right this is being discussed ad nauseam around the fan base and in the media. The question in simple - would you support trading #12 plus our 2025 1st round pick plus our 2026 first round pick to move up for one of the QBs? Now, the qualifiers are as follows - one, we will not be able to trade up for Caleb Williams; two, we will not trade up for Bo Nix, Michael Penix, Spencer Rattler, Michael Pratt or any prospect ranked lower and c) because of this, assume the trade up would be for one of J.J. McCarthy, Jayden Daniels or Drake Maye. So cast your vote in the poll based on the idea of trading up for any one of those three. Feel free to comment on which QB prosect(s) you would trade up and for which QB prospect(s) you would not trade up, but for purposes of the poll it's simple yea or nay, trade three 1sts - 2024, 2025, 2026 - for one of Maye, Daniels or McCarthy.
  16. I know the beat reporters said they don't plan on bringing Leno back but I'm not sure that's 100% out of the equation. I don't think they agree with playing Leno $14 mil. I think there's a possibility if we get to training camp and they don't like what the LT position is showing them that they could re-sign Leno or sign Donovan Smith if he's still available. I agree with you & @Slappy Mc that if we still had Leno he’d be our projected starter at LT. I too think he's better than Lucas, Leno has been a starting LT for 9 of his 10 seasons in the league. In Lucas’s 10 seasons he's only been a spot starter as a 3rd/swing OT for us in the last 4 years. Before we signed him he basically didn't play. I think he's a serviceable OT, but Leno is the better player if healthy as others have said. Leno is a top 20 starting OT when healthy IMO, Lucas is a back end of the league starting OT or possibly even just a backup on every team. There's a reason he re-signed with us a few years ago when he could of left via FA, and that's bc we were still his best possibility of starting.
  17. Nabers all day. J.J. might be OK but we are still in the same boat. No #1 wr. It's been a long time not having 1
  18. One of my favorite things we do here is the re-draft thread like a day later. We see how we compare what we wanted vs what the team did. We get a little hindsight because we know where players went, but we don't quite yet see any of them in NFL games. When I don't feel strongly, I do default to Gute's choice. I have mostly liked what he has done, my biggest gripes have been: Jordan Love a year too early, Jayden Reed being small, and I wanted Albert O instead of Deguara. None of these were serious "FiRe GuTe!" offenses though. And I don't think we have anyone that is big enough of a know-it-all ******-bag to be like, "I knew Simon Stepaniak was a bad pick!"
  19. Let's check... Brad Johnson first two years starting. 25 games. 470 completions. 763 attempts. 61.5%. 5294 yards. 211.76/game. 37 TD. 22 INT. Purdy. 21 games. 422 completions. 614 attempts. 68.7%. 5654 yards. 269.23/game. 44 TD. 15 INT. Heck, Purdy was 5'th in the league for yards last year. 4th in completion %. 3rd in TD's. 1st in QBR. And I read where he's not all that. Well, in this league and for that team, he is. And this is the team that didn't get that level of play from Jimmy G, arguably in his prime and Trey Lance, a third overall pick. Saying that anyone in that offense could get those results is just silly.
  20. Bears O-line is mostly decent. The tackles are good with some upside from Wright. Jenkins is a very good LG though he has an injury history. Patrick was terrible at center and has been replaced by Shelton/Bates. Davis is probably a below average (and expensive) RG. So they aren't going to use pick 9 for an interior O-lineman. I'd guess the edge opposite Sweat is the most likely choice at 9 if there isn't a trade down.
  21. Sheesh I thought he was a 4.55 in games but dam and it’s pro day so I say 4.5 flat
  22. Mekhi Becton-If he can pass a physical and we get a one year show me deal.. Man I'd roll those bones !
  1. Load more activity