All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We have a ton of corners who are likely fine. Not an easy position to transition to, so I'm not even sure you're drafting a guy better than those. If you're going corner at the end of round one, it should be an outside corner. Nickels simply don't have the value. I'd take one in the first for the right prospect, just like I would a running back. But that's going to be an exception. And that doesn't exist in this draft
  3. Here’s what I feel the need to say about the top QBs in this draft. I’m actually impressed with all of the top guys. If we had the 3rd pick, I’d be okay with Daniels if Caleb/Maye were gone. A little disappointed, but also excited because he’d be the best guy left on the board and there’s genuinely a good amount of reason to be hopeful. And if were any of these teams like NYG, MIN, DEN, LVR? I’d be thrilled to get McCarthy, even if I had to trade up some for him. Because I think he’s got a real chance to be good too. Big gamble, big big gamble, but if you’re stuck in purgatory like those groups mostly are — it’s a gamble that could come up JACKPOT for you. The part that will bug me isn’t that I think Jayden is a sure bust or JJ is a total joke. I think they’ve all got a shot. I just think they’ll have chosen wrong, and I’ll have trouble shaking the feeling that I think they valued the wrong thing (namely, “readiness to play now”).
  4. I am picking a long snapper just because I feel like being ridiculous! I need a little relief from the seriousness the draft is bringing out in all of us!!!!
  5. As far as I am aware, they are unidentified. Steph does not have the nine in her worksheet, barrows did not disclose who they were (if he knows) The pictures in the post have no support as far as I'm aware
  6. Ouch. You’re a real masochist. At least I have my Yankees. Although they have been a disappointment for a bit now.
  7. Yes, Lenior can play Nickel or outside, but he can't play both all the time. We have two corners, and we need three. I like the idea of adding the best one possible and letting Lenior fall into the other position. That way we have the three best players at our three corner spots. If the best player is a nickel corner at 31, and he is there only because he is a nickel corner, and has adequate first round play making ability and traits, the value play is to get him, and upgrade the outside corner from Yiadom/Ya Sin to Lenior. It's all hypothetical though, but Nickel corner is just as important as outside corner. You can't hide that guy.
  8. He’s amazing imo. If he stays healthy he’ll be a top 5-7 back in the NFL next year
  9. Remember when they whined that it wasn't a facemask? Their reasoning as far as I could tell was "because I don't want it to be"
  10. Does anyone else see similarities between the 2024 draft class and the 2021 draft class? 2021 had one elite QB prospect and four other QB prospects with potential that had teams select them in the first round. 2021 had three WRs worth top 10 picks and one elite TE. In 2021, three QBs were taken with the first three picks with a team trading up to take the last of those three. It may go like that this year too. The team that traded up for the third QB did it via a trade that occurred before the draft. The Vikings didn't make as bold of a move up, but traded into the first round seemingly to be positioned to trade up further if the QB they covet is still available at a position they can get to. Looking at results, three QBs going in the first three picks turned out to be good fortune for the rest of the teams in the top 10; they got some good players. The 4th QB in the 2021 draft came off the board at pick 11; he has looked much better in the NFL than the second and third QBs selected (even he isn't worth a first-round pick this year). With this lesson from recent history, I sure hope the Vikings don't feel like they need to draft a QB unless the QB they think is worth it is available to them. Maybe they take a risk on one at pick 11, but they shouldn't feel like they have to. In 2021, a common thought was that the 49ers traded up to target Mac Jones. When they didn't pick him, he slid all the way to pick 15. Meanwhile, they settled on Trey Lance -- that didn't work out for them either. In 2021, pick 11 and 23 were Justin Fields and Christian Darrisaw. That wouldn't be terrible, but the Vikings may be better off flipping that around and taking the QB with the later pick. The QBs in 2024 may pan out better than the 2021 crop, but if one of the top two QBs on the team's board isn't available in a position the Vikings can trade up for, I really hope they settle and evaluate who the best player is to take when they are scheduled to pick 11th. I would hate to see them pass up a Micah Parsons (12th) at 11 because they feel they need to take a Justin Fields. I would hate even more to see the Vikings lose out on a Christian Darrisaw on top of that potential Parsons because they traded into the top five for a Trey Lance (or Mac Jones). The thought of also giving away a first round pick the following year would be disgusting if they ended up with something like that. They should be supremely confident in the player they are targeting before they consider making a trade up. Which of the QBs this year can they be that confident in?
  11. I can't see the full post. Who are the 9?
  12. Report came out he would’ve had the job Robert Kraft called blank & told him he’s power hungry
  13. Cooper DeJean, too sexy tbh.
  14. I also think if AOC can beat out Minshew he’s worth keeping as a starter.
  15. That would be ridiculous! Let’s just say that Daniel’s was their guy, I can’t see any way they risk him still being there at 4
  16. Yeah, I have to agree. That’s a terrible return imo.
  17. or just give me Barton and we have a starting C for the next decade
  18. If were missing out on the top LTs (Alt, Olu, even potentially Fautanu) and don't want to move Wright off RT, then give me Mims. Give him a year on the bench and take reps in practice. His physical abilities are insane
  19. I have to assume that the Eagles weren't counting on him playing this year. Makes it more likely they draft a CB early
  1. Load more activity