All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What movie are you watching?

i watched driven earlier today w/ jason sudeikis and it was a solid movie. like a 6/10. wouldn't really recommend it, but i liked it. definitely a watchable movie. also watched the intruder and it was one of the most predictable cookie-cutter type of movie in that little genre, but dennis quaid killed it and made it fun. definitely not a very good movie tho lol. it's pretty disappointing how obvious everything was, because quaid was good. i'd give it a 4/10 despite it having minimal effort w/ creativity and freshness.
  3. Week 2 Preseason SF @ DEN GD Thread

I've been saying it all offseason - I really don't see the hype with Bolles at all. I even read an article on the Athletic talking him up this week, but I go off what I see on the field and it ain't pretty. For me, he simply isn't big enough. He looks about 290lbs out there and he's getting whooped silly, especially in the run game. I am not one to overreact to preseason; however our observations re: the OL stem from plenty of real game snaps and that concern isn't going away any time soon. We're still giving up pressures, still dropping balls on Offense and still lacking any consistent threat besides #10. Speaking of #10 - where is the person on this forum that was saying we were stupid for not getting rid of him? The guy is the only consistent player we have on Offense. Easily our best Offensive player, and it isn't even close which is depressing considering his age and the fact he's coming off an Achilles.
  4. What QBs do you expect to get benched this season?

Lamar Jackson?
  5. What movie are you watching?

dude that's a solid one, i watched that and was like im finna start livvvvving and then didn't tho
  6. What movie are you watching?

i've never never enjoyed a western in my life and usually lose interest and have no idea what's going on, but i'm gonna peep this tmrw
  7. DC Movie Universe

No kidding, it's gonna be a The Predator level trainwreck. But it's WB, so this hardly comes off as "news".
  8. Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

Do I want Wolverine on my team? Uh, hell yes!
  9. Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

Dude, I gave you a football just for the time it took to research and type this... Respect. I'd hang myself if I spent that much time on Canadian football stadiums.
  10. What movie are you watching?

Oh, and speaking of comedies, I just saw Good Boys. I'm here to tell you, the concept of a raunchy comedy featuring 12-year-old doing adult ish was every bit as funny and off-the-walls as it sounds and made for a good time at the theater. Seth Rogen even takes the p!ss out of it in the red band trailer by saying "you can totes watch yourself do these things in the movie, but you can't watch yourself do them in the trailer". It follows the same concept of Superbad, except with 12-year-olds, and while this isn't on that movie's level (which kinda goes without saying since Superbad can't be topped), some of the jokes really do land because of how bat**** insane it is. I was dying at some of the jokes they pulled in this movie. Story structure and pacing isn't great (but good enough, I guess), but on a purely comedic level, it was a funny, entertaining time with just enough character development to keep you invested. Oh and speaking of character arcs:
  11. Today
  12. Demarcus Cousins tears ACL

All three injuries were on his left leg Obviously rushed himself back
  13. Is there a chance O'Neill doesn't play week 1? That would be terrible. I wouldn't mind shuffling the deck. I noticed Jones a bit too.
  14. Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Sunday started out with reports that the Minnesota Vikings had gotten some interest in a potential trade for wide receiver Laquon Treadwell, specifically from the New York Giants. Following a pretty solid performance in the Vikings’ 25-19 victory over the Seattle Seahawksat U.S. Bank Stadium, head coach Mike Zimmer may have confirmed the Vikings’ intentions as well. Treadwell, the Vikings’ first-round pick in 2016, appears to be falling behind on the wide receiver depth chart. He hasn’t seen much time with the first-string offense this preseason, but had a decent performance on Sunday night, catching several passes from Kyle Sloter in the second half. (Based on a Zimmer quote that Arif tweeted) https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/8/18/20811722/mike-zimmer-minnesota-vikings-showcasing-laquon-treadwell
  15. Vince Williams' time with Steelers over?

I mean he is a solid blitzer, a good thumper, but they shouldn't have ever given him the new contract. He is going to be a liability more often than not which is why I believe he will not be a starter, not for long at least. I do think itll be Barron and Bush lining up side by side more often than not. I think this is Vinces final season as a Steeler.
  16. Better 2019 season:Dak Prescott vs Nick Foles

Now were just disrespecting Dak and I never say that.
  17. OTA/Camp Observations 2019

If the Rams put Darious Williams on their PS, I wonder if we'll poach him back? He looked like the natural long term backup to Tavon in the Slot, and the Rams stole him when we tried to put him on the PS in October. They loved how he played against the Rams in our joint practices with them earlier in the year. Seems like a good time to pay them back with Tavon possibly out for the year, and us deep at outside CB more so than SCB.
  18. NFL Preseason GDT Week 2

Rough night for him for sure. I won't sugar coat it, he looked really really bad. Wasn't moving well, wasn't seeing the field well, was hesitant and unsure of himself. The ball had no zip on it. His footwork was really bad and it threw off all of his mechanics. The game looked too fast for him. Got off to a bad start and it snowballed it was honestly pathetic. With all that being said, it was the preseason and the first time he was going against guys who could hit him. This is why we play the preseason, so guys can work themselves back to where they need to be. Physically he is fine. I'm definitely more concerned than I was, but I am going to give it another week and see how he responds. If he looks timid next week in Kansas City (where he tore his ACL last year) then I will start to worry.
  19. TCMD League SIM - Official Signup

After years of failing to find success in a division ruled by Tom Brady, owner Stephen Ross has decided to end the Miami Dolphins era, and sell the TCMD rights of the Miami football franchise to celebrity owner Dr. Dre as well as others. With ownership of the team, Dr. Dre has begun the rebranding effort of the former Miami Dolphins franchise as the Miami Beats as a product placement that also follows the Mets/Jets/Nets type association with the local NBA team the Miami Heat. New General Manager Trojan spoke to the press earlier tonight as was quoted as saying "I wasn't a fan of the Dolphins, but I'm a bit worried about our new team getting beats'd. The talent on this team is not up to the standard we are looking forward to, but we hope to at least be more competitive in our league than the Miami Marlins are in the MLB. We have a lot of work ahead of us leading up to the 6 round draft and then the free agency period to follow. I hope I can throw in some macbook pros and a headphones to get some of these guys to sign, if not we might forget about Dre." @rackcs
  20. Yeah but who knows when that’ll be. I think their plan at this point is to get Udoh to the PS. Keep 9 OL with the backups being Hill, Jones, Dozier and Samia. Hill and Dozier could dress on game days, maybe Jones too. I think Udoh is really good and they should keep him, even if that means keeping 10 OL. For me, the weak link in that group is Elflein. They could make him an IOL backup but there’s not obvious replacement as the starting LG. One interesting idea from twitter today would be to try Jones at LG. He’s been very good, and Elflein has struggled.
  21. In a way, I hope it's Giannis. Meaning, I hope he goes back to hitting that mid-range jumper that he was consistently decent at in his first few seasons. Basically, I just want him to improve the shooting outside the restricted area. If he's healthy, it'll end up being Donte DiVincenzo due to his role expanding with the Malcolm Brogdon departure. Until he's healthy though, that'll fall on Patty C and George Hill. If not, I'd say it'll be DJ Wilson continue his upward trajectory and turning into more than just a regular season rotation player.
  22. Evaluating and Projecting the 2019 Roster

After preseason game 2: QB (3) Cousins, Mannion, Sloter RB (3) Cook, Mattison, Boone FB (1) Blasingame WR (5) Thielen, Diggs, Beebe, Zylstra, Badet TE (4) Rudolph, Smith, Conklin, Hikutini OT (4) Reiff, O'Neill, Hill, Udoh IOL (6) Bradbury, Kline, Elflein, Jones, Dozier, Samia DE (4) Hunter, Griffen, Weatherly, Odenigbo DT (5) Joseph, Stephen, Holmes, Watts, Mata’afa LB (6) Barr, Kendricks, Gedeon, Wilson, Downs, Smith CB (5) Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Hughes, Thomas S (4) Smith, Harris, Kearse, Derron Smith ST (3) Bailey, Vedvik, Cutting PUP: Morgan IR: Bower SUSP: Holton Hill PS notables: Mitchell, Johnson, Dillon, Saint-Amour, Aruna, Boyd, Epps Jaleel Johnson released. Blasingame over Ham. Treadwell traded for a bag of chips. All the draft picks make it through the 5th round, 2 of 3 from the 6th (Watts and Udoh but not Epps) and 1 of 4 from 7th (Cutting).
  23. NFL Preseason GDT Week 2

No, technically it's week 2 and the HOF game happened in week 0
  24. 2019 NFL season predictions

You might want to check Carson Palmer in 2005 looking like an MVP and tell me where you rate that coach. Its possible that Carson Palmer was just a very talented QB.
  25. Better 2019 season:Dak Prescott vs Nick Foles

Foles is a slightly worse QB*, with a much worse supporting cast. Dak will have a much better 2019. *When he's on, he's on, and you get a top 10 QB, maybe top 5, and this is exactly what the Eagles got in the much of the SB run and last year's miracle playoff run. Or in 2013.... but he's not a consistent QB. and can be reduced to backup level if things aren't going right in the gameplan. I mean the guy is quite frankly an enigma at QB, but the larger sample size tells us Foles is nothing special at QB.
  26. Wouldn't Hill be the backup LT when O'Neill is playing again?
  27. LB Avery Williamson out with torn ACL

Very well said NJ33, I agree with you 100%.
  1. Load more activity