All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Exactly. An elite CB is hugely valuable...but fundamentally, you don't build a championship team around one. Especially not one who is about to run off their Rookie Deal value and command absolutely huge money. There's just a cap on how much an individual CB can impact the game as a whole. It's a position that has become very scheme specific, and where you can use that scheme to "hide" or "enhance" less well-rounded DBs and flatter them with strong DLine play and the right deployment to their strengths. It's more than that though. Chance any of those two 1st round picks becomes a better player than Jalen? Slim to none. Odds those two players combined end up with a net impact comparable to Jalen as a CB...more plausible. You add in the fact those two 1st round picks combined are probably going to cost less than half of what Jalen does...with 5 potential years of control, and that's a pretty big value addition in this transaction. Amen. You've got a proven pattern here...where Jalen will abstain and make up "injuries" and dawdle around, if he doesn't get what he wants. What in this whole fiasco makes anyone think this is a guy who is going to play on a 5th year option, or even a Franchise Tag? He's hinted pretty clearly at the fact he's going to set an entirely new benchmark for CB pay scale, or he's not going to play. It very well might even be beyond that sort of number, and impinging on the "highest paid defensive player" sort of territory.
  3. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

I think the bolded is a hugely underrated aspect of this trade. The Jaguars aren't just getting a couple 1st round picks and a mid-rounder for Jalen...they're getting maybe $20M of future cap flexibility too. Not that Jalen was ever re-signing in Jacksonville in the first place...but people acting like the Rams acquired a bargain deal are really only going to be right for this year. It's just going to skyrocket from there. Funny how you've embraced the "Jalen is a distraction" sort of thing now. After defending him for so long, and denying it was an issue. But it's a legit problem. He's got one heck of an ego on him, and absolutely craves the spotlight and attention. Now on top of it, he's got an agent who is banking on Jalen's new deal basically buying him a private island or something...it's not something you can just ignore. He is an elite CB, but yeah...it's been pretty well established that DBs don't win championships...and Jalen alone isn't the guy who dragged that Jaguars team to an AFC Championship game. That defensive front was the real superstar as a group. Along with the rest of the secondary around Jalen being top tier as well. As was Fournette being a horse.
  4. Nostalgic/Throwback games chat thread

I've been watching old Montana film. Amazing how lately it seems ANY playoff game I want to find, I can on YT with ease. Wasn't the case only 2-3 years ago. Even plenty of regular season matchups are on YT, pretty much every single one from the 21st century that anyone would want to watch. Unfortunately quality is usually poor unless its' an NFL upload, but to be expected. I didn't realize how fast Joe was, I knew he could move in the pocket but quite a few plays he'll take off for the 1st and turn the jets on and he looks as fast as prime Rodgers to me.
  5. Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched

@SkippyX .....reinforcement!
  6. 5 up, 5 down

Australians are like our special needs cousin. Oh and they are all convicts
  7. Wasn't debating the logistics. I'm saying in terms defining the quality of a football team, that aspect is negligible. Certainly hasn't given an advantage to the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills the last 20 years.
  8. I don't even know what to say. He hasn't been as abysmal as Sidney Jones, but he's been bad.
  9. Marcus Peters traded to Ravens

I'll say 31 or 40.
  10. The Other Games Thread Week #6

Ramsey to Rams-eh? Gave up far too much, IMO. FAR too much.
  11. Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

Greedy! We need one! RAM-sey obviously a big upgrade, but it's far too much to give up. I'd never be OK with giving up 1s, unless it's a QB or Watt and Donald. IF they do not make playoffs this season, what does that say? They would have been 6-3 anyway....
  12. 1 Round Mock

Not a bad pick if we end up picking 8th as we could use a good CB for sure. Although it's hard to get a read on Fulton right now some places have him top 5 some have him late 1st early 2nd. Im just gonna have to see how he finishes the year and where more analysts have him at come mock time next year. Now with that said with our losses piling up it seems we are picking around 5th right now and in this draft that guy Chase Young is sitting there for the taking for the Falcons and that would be a perfect pick to replace Beasley and try to improve this god awful pass rush that has only 5 sacks in 6 games total
  13. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Remember when Jar Jar Binks and Ewoks were the worst things about Star Wars? I miss those days.
  14. Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Nice to see the LAR fans have returned to their team
  15. Marcus Peters traded to Ravens

All I saw from Peters in Kansas when he played his best was man coverage, both as press and off coverage. Getting Kenny Young as a linebacker who can excel in man coverage would make some sense for your argument though. I still can't get a grasp on Peters as a prospects, but my guess is most Ravens fans expect too much of this signing. Best of luck with Young, he does have some potential if Wade can fit him into a role on defense.
  16. Yay Defense! Pass Defense (FBS rank) Yards: 774 (1st) Yards/Game: 129 (1st) Touchdowns: 3 (T-1st) QB Rating: 75.4 (1st) Completion %: 43.9 (1st) INT: 8 (T-11th) Sacks: 23 (T-8th) Rush Defense (FBS rank) Yards: 268 (1st) Yards/Game: 44.7 (1st) Yards/Carry: 1.8 (2nd) Touchdowns: 1 (T-2nd) Forced Fumbles: 11 (T-3rd) Total Defense (FBS rank) Points: 29 (1st) Points/Game: 4.8 (1st) Yards: 1042 (1st) Yards/Game: 173.7 (1st) Unreal. Of course, those numbers change dramatically in 2 weeks lol.
  17. Chris Harris Jr Trade?

Marcus Peters is gone (9m in 2019 contract end 2019) A.Talib will not be resigned or cheap contract (i dont think he will be ok) You have 2 players gone and not resigned for Ramsey and at 13m . So you lose only 1 player. You have room for another one in FA. If you stuck with Peters and Talib you have to spend more than 18m. The move is "cap save" move by the Rams to secure 1 player and go in FA for OL.
  18. Question for me though...is this basically just a rental for the Rams? How are they going to afford to pay Jalen what he's going to want? Even now that he's in a place he clearly wanted to be all along (read: big market spotlight)...i still don't see him playing on that option year. They're gonna have to sort that out sooner or later, and it's hard to see how it'll fit with some of the other big contracts they've already got, or have potentially looming. Oh well. Their problem now.
  19. Today
  20. Flying east is 10x harder than flying west and it's also a long flight. It's a proven fact. Sure, you can overcome it, but that doesn't mean it's not a clear disadvantage
  21. Don't know where the picks ultimately will end up...but having a pair of extra 1st rounders in the coming years? That's pretty nice. Even middling or later ones. Have to actually hit on them obviously, but you can give your team a big boost with that kind of extra ammunition. I was pretty vocal about my wariness of paying Jalen what he's going to want...as a DB. I think that's the other "win" part of this deal, all things considered. It clears a lot of future cap headaches that would come from paying a less-critical position like CB as though they're a "top defensive player". Not to mention, getting rid of a guy who was a distraction dating back a lot further than most people here seemed to want to admit.
  22. Michael Bennett suspended

So looking like around 6-7 sacks on the year = not really that far off his average per year it seems. Hope they can get back on the same page, or if not they can get something decent in a trade. Spotrac says he has $4mil dead cap charge... I have no idea how the NFL salary cap works, how does that pan out if we trade him?
  23. Tannehill to start

So you don't want to watch Tank Commander Tunahill lead us to the basement? (I don't blame you. I'm basically dead inside.)
  24. Around the NFL - week 7

Haha, morons
  25. Mike Vrabel

I wonder if Vrabel will cut his **** off to keep his job.
  26. Tannehill to start

"Well we have to try harder and be better. Complimentary football. Blah blah **** that means nothing blah blah..."
  1. Load more activity