All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’d be happy with any of the top 4 at 13 or even with a small trade up (obviously some won’t be there). Penix, not at 13 for me as he’s a second round prospect, with obvious flaws as is Nix. For me: Best option: one of the top 4 fall to 13 - unrealistic Second best option: small trade up for JJ McCarthy - sit and learn Third best option: take a blue chipper that falls at 13 and take Nix or Penix at 44 Fourth best option: take a blue chipper at 13 and then a trade back into the first for Nix or Penix I do want to take a QB this draft but I personally think it would be a little impulsive and FOMO to overdraft a guy like Penix or Nix by almost a full round. I’d rather take a high ceiling kid like Travis late and build up the rest of the team than overdraft honestly. Who knows though, all have flaws and all have flashes 😁
  3. Thought i'd at least try to get a 1 round mock draft attempt in before the actual draft. Intended to do more, but never got around to it. Anyway...some of these picks may not end up being correct projections. Some of them may even be offensive to fans in the brief meantime before the real thing sends everyone into outrage or euphoria. I'm also bad at guesstimating trade values...leaning a little bit on Trade Value Charts, but most of the time those are way off too. Trades: NE #3 to NYG for #6, #47. LAC #5 to MIN for #11, #23, 2025 Pick. ATL #8 to DEN for #12, 2025 Pick. CHI #9, #75 to JAX for #17, #48, #96. SEA #16 to PHI for #22, 2025 Pick. PIT #20 to BUF for #28, 2025 Pick. Round 1 1) Chicago Bears (from Carolina): Caleb Williams, QB - USC. -For better or worse, it feels pretty clear that Caleb is the pick here. They've put in place a ton of talent that is very unusual for a top picking team. We'll see how it goes. 2) Washington Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB - LSU. -I still buy into the idea that Daniels is more of a "Kliff QB" and does have the dynamic talent as a thrower and runner to justify this pick if he can learn to protect himself better and stay healthy. 3) New York Giants (from New England): Marvin Harrison Jr, WR - Ohio State. -The Giants aren't that far removed from making the playoffs with Daniel Jones at the helm. I think they give that combo with Daboll one last run out...and if Danny Dimes can't produce with Daboll and arguably the cleanest blue chip WR prospect to come out in ages, that really seals the deal (if it's not sealed already). Having a potentially Elite WR is also never something you're going to regret, no matter what the future has in store for them at QB. I think the ability to only drop back a tiny bit and only give up a shot at a few prospects makes the price more palatable for NYG and the trade-back easier to swallow for a Patriots team that are still in the very earliest stages of a complete franchise overhaul after the Belichick era reigning for so long. They're not a QB or a WR away from "contending". They've got needs everywhere, so an extra Top-60 pick is welcome. 4) Arizona Cardinals: Malik Nabers, WR - LSU. -With getting leapfrogged for MHJ, Arizona still just go for the best WR available. It's not even entirely certain that they wouldn't have the two neck and neck anyway. Nabers clearly has an explosive, dynamic playmaking skillset. Decent consolation prize in any case. 5) Minnesota Vikings (from Chargers): Drake Maye, QB - UNC. -This is the guy i think the Vikings covet most. They've clearly postured themselves by accumulating an extra 1st round pick, to make moves going up to get "their guy" at QB. Having him "slip" to 5 lets them get it done. He's got a lot to clean up in his game, but he's got all the tools and traits to thrive in that system with those sort of weapons around him offensively. Expect bumps in the road and growing pains, maybe even more so than the average rookie QB...but the upside is huge there. Chargers trade back to give Harbaugh additional ammunition to carry on the process of reshaping the Chargers in his image and the culture he wants to instill. 6) New England Patriots (from Giants): Joe Alt, OT - Notre Dame. -May not be the flashiest "sexy" pick, but when you're in the Patriots position of needing a lot of pretty much everything and just laying the foundations of a complete organizational rebuild...it's hard not to see a blue chip LT prospect like this as a rock solid building block to lock down that spot for the next decade+ in whatever else is to come for them down the road. 7) Tennessee Titans: Olu Fashanu, OT - Penn State. -Missing out on Alt by a pick, the Titans pivot to the "next best thing" with another LT who has all the tools, traits, and arguably even higher athletic upside anyway. It's just not a spot they can afford not to address early. 😎 Denver Broncos (from Atlanta): JJ McCarthy, QB - Michigan. -The winner of the "JJ McCarthy Sweepstakes" comes here. Denver also answer the glaring question, "who exactly is their quarterback?" A massive projection mystery box pick...McCarthy at least appears to have solid NFL level tools and undeniable winning pedigree. He also thrives throwing over the middle, a staple of Payton offenses. Atlanta have a variety of picks they could easily make here, but also have the luxury of moving back a small handful of spots to collect additional draft capital and still being nearly guaranteed to have some of them on the board. 9) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Chicago): Rome Odunze, WR - Washington. -The Jaguars desperately need to get Trevor Lawrence a proper #1 WR Weapon. He hasn't had one in his career and it's limited his success. Odunze is exactly the sort of big, dependable, contested catch target that is a QBs best friend and has been missing from the offense. The ability to win in pretty much any way, from moving the chains in the short and intermediate game, to downfield jump ball plays. Giving up a 2nd rounder is tough when there are other pressing needs to fill, but with an assortment of mid-round picks, maybe they can package some to get back into range for a DB on Day2. The Bears recoup a missing 2nd round pick and will still have all sorts of talent to select from to help build that team around Caleb at 17. 10) New York Jets: Brock Bowers, TE - Georgia. -The Jets seem to be on a course of "all in" on this year with AAron and various other aging and unreliable veteran dimming stars to go with their robust defense and various other weapons. OLine would be the other obvious direction here, and rookie TEs are often hit or miss at best in their first year impact in the league...but the type of receiving target Bowers is, would add a completely different dimension to that offense and likely not asked to hold up much in blocking as a true TE. More of a Jumbo WR who can threaten the seams. 11) Los Angeles Chargers (from Minnesota): Taliese Fuaga, OT - Oregon State. -After dealing down to get here, Harbaugh's dream prospect falls right into his lap anyway. They don't need a LT...but an absolute mauler of a RT plays directly into the sort of football the Chargers are going to want to play, dominating the trenches with what could quickly become one of the best pairs of "bookend" Tackles around the league. 12) Atlanta Falcons (from Denver): Dallas Turner, EDGE - Bama. -Moving down, picking up extra draft capital...and still having their pick of the defensive players is a perfect scenario for Atlanta. Lots of directions they could go here depending on preference between the top Edge rushers and the top DBs, but i think they pull the trigger on arguably the highest upside Rush LBer prospect and circle back in what is a very deep looking CB class. 13) Las Vegas Raiders: Quinyon Mitchell, CB - Toledo. -It's way too early to look at any of the remaining QBs, so i think Telesco as real "accumulator of talent" type manager just sees his choice of the top CB in the draft at a position of need, and doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Bigtime playmaking upside, and that's something they could really use on defense. Looping around for a Day2 QB or just waiting for next year while Moustache Guy holds down the fort will have to be the play under center. 14) New Orleans Saints: Amarius Mims, OT - Georgia. -Bigtime "risk/reward" pick here with his injury history. But the Saints haven't seemed shy about taking risks in the draft and they really need high upside impact talent to make any sort of dent in their situation within a division that is still ripe for the taking if things go right for them. At a position of need and one that is likely very important to helping Carr stay upright, healthy, and comfortable enough in the pocket. 15) Indianapolis Colts: Terrion Arnold, CB - Bama. -The division is turning into a bit of a potential arms race. Between what Stroud did as a rookie and what they've added and the Jaguars adding a weapon like Odunze earlier, having the sort of DBs to match up with and stymie those passing attacks is going to be paramount in the coming years. Arnold has a lot of versatility and upside in doing just that. 16) Philadelphia Eagles (from Seattle): Cooper DeJean, DB - Iowa. -Howie making moves, sees the run on CBs starting and jumps up to grab the last of the clear cut top tier guys. Still not altogether clear where DeJean will ultimately settle in, or if he'll be more of a roving, moveable matchup chess piece in the secondary, but he's got all sorts of toughness and natural playmaking ability. Confident they'd find a fit for him somewhere in a secondary that clearly needs improvement. 17) Chicago Bears (from Jacksonville): Jared Verse, EDGE - FSU. -Another team reaping the rewards of a trade back, and still having a guy they might have looked at much earlier fall right into their lap. There's good OLinemen available here who might also make sense to continue to set up new QB of the Future Caleb for success offensively...but part of creating a great situation for a rookie QB is insulating them with a robust defense so they're not forced into playing Hero Ball in shootouts every week as well. Verse may not have sky high upside as a pure pass rusher, but he's got plenty of upside as a responsible pass rusher and run defender to plant opposite of Sweat to threaten both edges. 18) Cincinnati Bengals: Graham Barton, IOL - Duke. -Keeping Joe Burrow healthy has to be a top priority. Barton is likely limited to Interior OLine duty in the NFL, but he's got a ton of versatility, superb quickness and balance, smart and aware in recognition, always moves in control and with a solid anchor. A good complement to some bigger, slower moving powerhouse tackles. Wherever he settles in to their line, he'll contribute positively to keeping Burrow from getting killed. 19) Los Angeles Rams: Jer'Zhan Newton, DT - Illinois. -Always hate to lay a mantle like this on a guy as "the replacement for" a HoF bound player retiring from a team like the outgoing Aaron Donald. Never really fair to them. But Newton is a violent, disruptive presence as a pretty much plug 'n play backfill for the outgoing superstar. Bigtime upside and clear value to me at this point. 20) Buffalo Bills (from Pittsburgh): Brian Thomas Jr, WR - LSU. -The Bills desperately need to replenish a WR room that they largely emptied out this offseason. Get an itchy trigger finger and move up a bit to make sure they can get their guy. Thomas Jr has a rare HWS athletic profile, excels in tracking deep balls over his shoulder. Paired with Josh Allen's huge arm and abundant willingness to cut it loose downfield, and at worst...they've initially got a prolific lid lifter. He also has all the tools to develop into much more in time, as he expands and refines his route repertoire and craft as a whole. 21) Miami Dolphins: Bryon Murphy, DT - Texas. -One of those players who slides a bit not because nobody likes them, but more because other teams like one other player better, or at a position of bigger need. But outstanding value on a clean DLine prospect falls right in alignment with an obvious need with the departure of Wilkins. Plugs right in to help fill the gap, with impact upside. 22) Seattle Seahawks (from Philadelphia): Troy Fautanu, OT/G - Washington. -A guy with realistic 5-position versatility on the OLine for a team with needs there, combined with some familiarity with staff just feels too easy. 23) Los Angeles Chargers (from Cleveland via Houston and Minnesota): Keon Coleman, WR - FSU. -The fruits of a trade-down, the Chargers gutted their WR room, and while that's unlikely to be the focal point of the offense under Harbs/Roman, they do still need somebody for Herbert to toss the ball too. Coleman feels like a great fit for that sort of ball control, move the chains and grind them down type offense. Whether he plays outside or as a big slot, he has the ability to set a physically imposing tone in the passing game and help keep the sticks moving by winning the sort of contested catches that Keenan Allen used to handle. 24) Dallas Cowboys - JC Latham, OT - Bama. -A bunch of different directions they could go here in addressing the OLine with reasonable "value" prospects. But Latham just feels like a Cowboys pick. Despite some more iffy results of late, Alabama OLinemen tend to carry a certain cachet, and Latham is an absolute behemoth when he gets ahold of a guy. Whether he starts inside at Guard with the option to kick out to Tackle later, or just starts at Tackle, it feels like a pick that could address a need and help to continue turning over that OLine with fresh meat. 25) Green Bay Packers - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB - Bama. -Kool-Aid has kind of lost some steam in the draft process as he's been passed by his teammate Terrion Arnold, but he's still the sort of CB with solid tools coming from a strong program that teams covet and feels largely in line with the sort of DB picks the Packers make. OLine is another option here, but they seem to have done well with somewhat later picks and projects and developing them into quality starters, so i can see them opting to wait in a pretty deep OLine class. 26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL - Oregon. -Not entirely sure how it would all shuffle out, but keeping Baker clean and free of interior pressure and with solid throwing lanes seems like it should be a priority. The "value" on JPJ feels very strong in terms of draft stock here. 27) Arizona Cardinals (from Houston): Laiatu Latu, EDGE - UCLA. -Injury and upside concerns and even some scheme versatility see arguably the most "polished" pass rusher in the draft fall to the back end of the round. At that point, it's clearly worth the risk, especially for a team with a glaring need for help in their pass rush off the edge. 28) Pittsburgh Steelers (from Buffalo): Adonai Mitchell, WR - Texas. -I don't know for sure how much weight to put behind some of the "attitude/character/diva" concerns about the guy, but if there's a team that would take a chance on a bit of a headcase WR with boatloads of talent, it'd probably be the Steelers. They could use a replacement for the previous headcase that they just dealt away, and Tomlin has shown that he can often get these types on the rails for at least a little while before it implodes. There's bigtime sneaky athletic upside and speed, and a ton of smooth, natural receiving ability in general to work with there. 29) Detroit Lions: Nate Wiggins, CB - Clemson. -Lacking ideal weight, i think the overall talent and "willingness" wins over the Lions when it comes to Wiggins. They need more help in the secondary and despite weight about a buck fiddy without a lot of reason to believe he'll ever fill out to "big corner" size...he's got plenty of length and doesn't play shy, with tons of upside as an impact DB. 30) Baltimore Ravens: Tyler Guyton, OT - Oklahoma. -It's hard to imagine the Ravens could go into the season with what they currently have at OT. They're also an organization that seems capable of taking a bit of an unusual or project Tackle and turning them into a quality starter. The size and ridiculous dancing bear fluid easy movement ability with Guyton is just too much to turn down here. 31) San Francisco 49ers: Zack Frazier, IOL - West Virginia. -A bit of a shot in the dark, but Frazier seems like the sort of OLineman built to thrive in that sort of Shanny system. He's strong and balanced, but also smart, aware, and can really get out on the move as well. Questionable if he'll have full Interior OLine versatility or if he's a straight up Center, but in that scheme, i think the versatility would be there. And keeping that strong and deep is important to making the scheme work. 32) Kansas City Chiefs: Xavier Worthy, WR - Texas. -Plenty of different flavors of WR to choose from here and they ultimately may just go another direction entirely (depending on how some legal situations are looking to those in the know)...but Andy has often seem drawn to guys with electric speed at the receiving positions. He doesn't have the most reliable hands in the world, but he's not as bad as guys like MVS either...and he's actually got some reasonable diversity of application, not just a pure gadget player with elite track speed as he's often pigeonholed.
  4. Sorry, but you completely botched the Steelers draft by having them take RB in rd 2. Seriously? That was so....sooooo bad. Najee is better than you're giving him credit for. He isn't elite or even great, but him and Warren are already a really good 1/2 punch when our OL actually blocks. We could use a developmental rookie, but later rounds. Way too many holes to be wasting an early pick on an already strong position. Najee may even get an extension. Beyond that, while I like Frazier and the trade down, Id be shocked if we traded down with Arnold, Latham and Mims still on the board. Give us Ruke or even Blake Fisher at 60 and I could live with it. Even better would be not trading down and... 1. OT Mims 2. C Van Pran 3. WR Polk 3. DL Maason Smith
  5. I cant see the Steelers passing on Barton and Mims for Brian Thomas.
  6. I’m with you. He’s not flawless and sure there’s things he needs to work/improve on, but I personally wouldn’t label him overrated. He’s checked all the boxes you want for a top prospect. Elite measurables✅/Elite athlete testing✅/Great game film✅/Top or near the top of analytical OL grades, stats✅/Experience(33 career starts)✅/Comes from NFL pedigree✅/Went to school known for producing high quality NFL OL✅/High character✅/Young with room for growth✅
  7. I think you’ve lost the plot here. No one is saying this was some peer reviewed paper on this subject. It’s clearly back of the napkin numbers. And Schefter laid out the parameters that were used, he’s not hiding anything or trying to sneak something by. But it clearly shows the trends on this matter, as you are using the exceptions to most circumstances (Mack). Most of the time, if a teams First Round pick lives up to or close to the expectations, they are going to get resigned by that team. And every single one of these position groups is subject to the same situations of guys “wanting to test free agency” or sides don’t agree on terms and trade them. Heck, I’d say just as many get that second deal if they haven’t quite lived up to the pick than are good and get away from that team because GMs don’t like to admit that they are wrong (not talking about obvious busts) it’s really a newer phenomenon that there are a good amount of 5YO not picked up Even If you were to add in all the parameters (Trades, Franchise Tags, Good players walking for money) you are probably going to see the same type of distribution, sure the percentage will increase, but it’s likely that Lineman are the most to hit, and WRs are the most to miss Teams don’t let good players get away very often, it’s why Free Agency comes with a buyer beware sticker. And there’s an argument that regardless of why that FRP doesn’t get a second contract from the team that drafted them, it is a miss. Not necessarily a bust, but any time you are picking in the Top 20/25 for sure, you are expecting that player to be part of the franchise for at least 7/8 years. If they are not there for any reason, it’s an organizational miss. It’s similar but different in the MLB draft when they look at the sign ability of the player. They could be great, but if you can’t keep them in the organization, how good of a pick is it really? Was Roquan Smith a “hit” for the Bears? Most would say no
  8. Today
  9. there are 8 first round OTs (if you count Barton) and the difference between OT2 and OT8 is not all that much. Teams may move up for Tackles, but it won’t be until the top talent goes off the board first (at least 3 QBs, the 3 WRs, and then obviously OT1). I’d have a very hard time seeing multiple teams trading up in front of us for Tackles. Teams from the middle of the first may move up for their preferred OT, but that’s not likely till 8 at the earliest, or even with us if we don’t covet one. But it’s more likely teams like KC moving up to make sure they get one of them once the run is in motion so they aren’t boxed into forcing a reach of Jordan Morgan or the BYU guy.
  10. Apparently John Clark broke the info that Quinyon Mitchell visited the Eagles with his interview included in this NBC Philly article: https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nfl-draft-terrion-arnold-quinyon-mitchell-eagles-visits-novacare-complex-philadelphia-nick-sirianni-howie-roseman/580654/ Just watching Terrion Arnold talk (he speaks in the video interview with Clark on the site after Mitchell) makes me want him so much. Every time I hear him interviewed he's just easy to like. He's always smiling and gives thoughtful answers. My favorite part was this exchange (if you don't wanna click the link and watch the short video): Like that answer means so much to me, cause I'm not super crazy about trading up (aka giving up assets), especially if we are gonna have to move up far to get someone. So if that player is gonna cost us A LOT to go and get, then I'd hope they know how much we invested in them and want to play to the best of their ability. I really think Philly would love someone like Terrion donning midnight green. He has the competitiveness Sirianni preaches about as one of his four pillars (compete) and the grittiness that the city loves. Him always smiling in interviews gives me BG vibes. I'll probably root for him even if he doesn't end up here cause I know it won't be to anyone else in the NFC East lol. But, like I said I'd probably be happy with almost any of the guys I mentioned in my previous post.
  11. Funny, never heard of that place till yesterday when it showed up on the show I'm watching now (Shameless). Now twice in two days, coincidence? I think not
  12. I'm really feeling that we will be sticking and picking at 11 & 23 11. JJ McCarthy / Michael Penix Jr. 23. Newton/Latu/BPA
  13. I've been doing a bunch of simulator mocks on PFF over the past month or more and for the entirety of that time the prospects that I mainly selected were as followed: Quinyon Mitchell Terrion Arnold Taliese Fuaga With some Cooper DeJean and Troy Fautanu sprinkled in. Although some in Eagles twitter have made me a little worried about Fautanu staying at tackle and if he's guard only I'm not sure I LOVE that. Also, he's a bit on the older side as he'll be 24 years old in October and Albert Breer reported that his knee was flagged.
  14. There is a reason the top 3 teams really need QB'S and in a bidding war for the 4th other teams have more ammo. It takes two to tango. And I'm 100% positive WAS and CHI was never going to budge they both shipped off last year's starter they have to get franchise guys. NE you can argue they need to build up first so maybe they would trade for more picks, but I believe they have to get their guy now and just build around him the best they can. You never know what the future holds. MIN can offer two 1st this year so they already ahead of the curve.
  15. We made it… Happy Caleb M’F Williams day to all who will hopefully celebrate for the next 15 years of dominance 😁
  16. https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1783333981385048152?s=46&t=SQdrLo9OvA4uiIQWb73aCg Caleb wants Fashanu at #9…after listen to DJ & Brugler I am not sure he even makes it that far since the think teams want to trade up for OTs.
  17. Even aside from thinking about which players he picks, I'm just intrigued to see how it all plays out with Gutekunst wanting to "move around the board", whether it be the trade ups or the trade downs... Not to mention if/how he will manage to end up with 13 to 14 picks. Enjoy the Roller Coaster ride.
  18. Eagles were pretty interested in Trent McDuffie in 2022, but thought Jordan Davis was the more integral piece in Gannon's defense. Like McDuffie was definitely in the top 3 or 4 of players I could've seen us taking that year. Think they also showed decent interest in both Surtain and Horn in 2021, but once they went off the board we moved up to secure Smith. It would've at least probably been a convo if one slid to 10. I don't think CB is a position Howie wouldn't take in the 1st like RB, S, and LB. Also, I think Howie would break his streak at those positions if there was a really high level prospect like a Sean Taylor or Luke Kuechly were there and we had the need. Okay maybe not RB..... lol.
  19. I'm sorry but you are not giving the Nuggets' defense nearly enough credit. Also, do you really expect Murray to just stay that cold? That was an outlier game. Sure, Murray is known for cold stretches during the regular season but at this point if you're discounting what he brings in the playoffs you're clearly not paying attention.
  20. Oh, sweetie…..we all know how this goes I get the trepidation with how often we've hoped and been let down when we don't take a corner, BUT........ I think this year is different. I don't think I've ever seen a draft year where the Eagle did THIS much homework on a corner class and out of their top 30 visits there is every projected first round corner reported as having visited besides..... Nate Wiggins who is also probably the most mocked pick to Philly if the mock drafter doesn't have us moving up which the plugged in ones do like I posted on the other page with Allbright and Jeremiah having us trade up to 12. Hell... we've even brought in some day 2 corners as well, but I think that's more a back-up plan if we can't get one in the 1st. I do still think guys like Fuaga and Fautanu are possibilities along with the likes of Mims and Guyton to maybe a bit lesser extent, but corner is very much in the Eagles sight.
  21. I believe that’s an indictment on the rest of the league and not being patient or the ability to develop QBs. Coaches and GMs get fired in two years and usually that means a new QB.
  22. Throw out our best and worst defensive games and re-run the stats…do they change or no?
  23. PFF rankings - NFL Draft rankings are pretty close but I'm wondering from the grades I saw on both sites does this mean this class is lower tier from the last two Drafts?
  24. Latu. Best pass rusher in the draft, for me. Arsenal of moves and counters to counters is like that of an 8 year veteran
  25. If a team drafts Latham over Alt, that is fire-worthy, for me. Seen the comment above that maybe alt has been overrated, and perhaps, but I am one of those in that case. He’s incredible
  26. I agree - billionaires by their nature are extremely conservative people - their biggest fear is losing what they have. I suspect all of this would have been discussed with Payton before he was hired - because Payton didn't want Wilson - so a re-building plan would have been put in place from the off. I do think the mid-season win streak could have disrupted the plans somewhat and possibly pushed the plan for drafting a QB off for a year (unless they can drop 7/8 places and pick Nix - if Payton thinks he can get the job done). Now Payton could say to the Walmarts - you hired me so trust me - and put together a blockbuster to move up - but I suspect that any trade up would have to include PS2 so that you don't have to mortgage all the picks from 3 drafts to get the QB. If they go for it this year then Payton's future (and reputation and legacy) will be determined by that decision - and that is a massive issue for any HC who wants to go down in the history books.
  1. Load more activity