All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There's also UNC today and the BIG12 pro day.
  3. He's not as good as the media paints him, but he's not as bad as you want to paint him either. Purdy makes quick decisions, is generally accurate, and has a HC who is willing to play within Purdy's limitations. That's more than can be said for half of the starting QB's in the league. I wouldn't want Purdy as my QB in a bad weather playoff game, which could be a recurring problem for SF. There's no doubt that SF views Purdy as their long-term QB, but I am curious how high they'll be willing to go on his next deal.
  4. I full-on Trust the Gute™ so wherever it inevitably happens, I'm gonna be there to support it. Sinnott's a stud football player.
  5. I do miss the all day Saturday and Sunday format. Round 3 won't bother me. I think we have a pretty good roster. But round 2 is a little too rich for my blood looking for a guy that is mostly going to be doing the dirty work.
  6. Yeah it’s probably in my top 10. I loved the way Shaara imagined and expressed the emotions of the men on that battlefield. It made it a lot more than just a war story for me, which I’m not a huge fan of in general.
  7. I highly doubt he only got one offer. It is very probably the highest offer he got, though. Guess I thought he might care a little more about winning at this stage of his career.
  8. I'm not sure that "lots" of teams have worse than Lucas. I personally think Lucas is a downgrade from a healthy Leno and I thought Leno was a bottom 16 LT. Also I think just saying "what is the point of having Peters if he can't draft a tackle?" is an oversimplification of a very complex situation. For example, if Peters trades down and takes Joe Alt or Olu Fashanu, that presumably fixes the LT position, but it's at the cost of losing out on the top QBs. Also, I think the fans would absolutely roast him for the decision (except me 😄😜). On the flip side he could still take his QBotF and trade up (we have the ammo) for a top tackle. Like I said though the cost would probably be pretty steep. Both seconds and a third could probably get you close to the early teens, but you miss out on a lot of the 30-60 talent range. There are enough holes still on the team, that I feel we need those valuable picks and I would gripe. But I would probably get over it if both the QB and LT position were solved. I think we end up staying put in both the 1st and 2nd rounds and take the best QB and the best prospects at the other picks at whatever position.
  9. I'm not making the case that he's better or on the same level as Mahomes, I'm just saying Goff for the past 2-3 years has easily been a top 7 QB and the fact he's going on 3 straight years of very good statistical output means he's earned the right to be viewed as a top QB. Certainly more than Tua, Herbert, Dak, etc. have.
  10. Goff has been one of the best in the league at avoiding INTs the last two years (really the last 3). Honestly, avoiding mistakes and negative plays may be Goff's best attribute. He still does weird stuff under pressure, and he's not a guy who makes a ton happen when under pressure, but he really has done an excellent job the last 3 years of just avoiding negative plays. Low INT rate, low sack rate when pressured. There's something to be said for just not making really bad plays.
  11. I like to get as much of an independent feel for the player, then read the scouting reports. I generally work by position group, starting with the top guys and working my way down. I think I am going to write down my notes this year.
  12. It depends on the trade. Personally, I think the Lions could move back and still get the impact player they want/need but I don't see them moving back any further than 42 or 43. Any team trading up wouldn't be trading up for a QB. It seems like most of the teams in the top half of the 2nd round either have their answer at QB or will get their QB in Rd 1.
  13. Was Aikman really an eye-test guy though? He never seemed super impressive to me besides the accuracy, which was a bit overblown. It was more of "he's a winner" type stuff.
  14. McCarthy is athletic with a plus arm.
  15. Top 25 in the league isn't great when you are being paid on the #1 overall pick pay scale. Don't get me wrong, he definitely isn't a bust yet and he had a very solid year in 2023........But he hasn't silenced the critics yet. I don't think the Jags will be selecting an edge rusher early either, but if they did then I don't see Walker being a slam dunk option to move inside.......Possible but not Probable IMO.
  16. Wild Twins line-up for opening day. Some of it is that they are facing a lefty today.
  17. Oh I thought trading opened up when everyone reported on the new app. Nevermind lol
  18. Day 2 as in round 2? That would indicate that they really want that dynamic h-back.
  19. I think Bullock has 3rd rounder written all over him and Bishop is a bit of a wildcard. Anywhere from rounds late 2 to 4 imo.
  20. I don't see someone saying SF may not be the class of the NFC this year being especially abhorrent.
  21. Could’ve just said he was more productive last year, lol. Consecutive is one after the other, you’re talking cumulative. Mahomes blew him out the water in 2022 and won MVP. This year he was down from a production standpoint, where guys like Purdy, Dak, Baker, Love, and Tua also had more/very comparable production. Using 23’ Mahomes to make the case for Goff isn’t really a strong one.
  22. Zamir had ~460 all-purpose yards in the final 4 weeks. Not superstar numbers but he looked good. He was far more explosive and efficient than Jacobs looked behind the same OL/QB/OC. You're completely underselling Jakobi if anything. Maybe he took his game to another level after leaving New England and you didn't watch him much, but he was also very good. He had the same # of TDs as Adams with 31 less catches and this was with the worst QB situation in the NFL. He is definitely not some weak WR2 let alone WR3 (Unless you're talking about two WR1s like Philly for example). For sure Jack Jones isn't a sure thing. However if anyone in the league can keep his head on straight it is Pierce. No one can deny how incredible Jones was after being picked up off waivers though. Hr had two pick-6's in back-to-back weeks and was awesome in coverage. I didn't say established superstar with Jones, but is no doubt an extremely promising building block we got for FREE.
  23. Huh, never would have guessed Goff had a better TD/INT ratio than Mahomes.
  1. Load more activity