All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Matt Prater has balled put except for 1 season since being cut in Denv. Of course his last 2 stops were Det (indoor) and Arizona so, those are very favorable places to kick. I'm with you that I hope the UDFA wins the job.
  3. The other night I was randomly watching highlights of the draft QB prospects. I don't know them and never seen them before. Here's my immediate reactions. I liked Caleb Williams the most. He has a little Mahomes to him in the way he scrambles and flicks the ball out. I was meh on Jayden Daniels, meh on JJ McCarthy (however I need to watch more of him to get a better feel for him) and did not like Bo Nix. I sort of liked Maye. Then I come across Penix. Wow. Strong in the pocket, fairly quick release, effortless throwing it long, accurate too. The ball is consistently within reach of the receiver but most importantly out of reach of the defender. He can scramble if he needs to. He's seems to be the full package. Why isn't he being touted more? Turns out for several reasons, his injury history (despite being healthy the last two years), his age and the fact he's a lefty, I think lots of people struggle to look past that. There's a twitter video which flips the picture to appear he's throwing right handed. Guess what...he looks amazing. I'm a sucker for QBs who effortlessly throws deep balls. A QB like that really opens up the offensive playbook.
  4. For the record: I demand these, even if Michael Scott beat someone by using actual paper.
  5. Penix is still a day 2 pick. Him running a 4.5 shouldn't change opinion, let alone make him a top 10 pick. The tape doesn't lie. His production is awful outside structure. He might be able to scramble, but he can't create on the move. He's got an awkward throwing motion. Relied heavily on an all star cast of WR talent. He never dealt with pressure. Only took 31 sacks in college. Michigan exposed him. He was 3-15 when pressured for 14 yards and 2 INTs. Worse, he had no self awareness post game saying "I don’t feel like they did anything — I feel like we beat ourselves". They forced him to make plays and he wasn't up for the task. They threw off his timing with pressure and he had no answers.
  6. I wonder if we take Drake Maye that NE then takes JJ McCarthy because Van Pelt will run the Stefanski West Coast offense with a lot of plays under center. Then, ATL, Minny or Denv trades up to leapfrog the Giants to take Jayden Daniels.
  7. They more or less tried scenario 1. Promoted their LB coach, inserted a 4th round rookie at QB and they overplayed expectations. Pretty much everyone in that moment thought they were getting a top 5 pick. Plan B, ths problem is they are talented enough and pretty good on defense to be a middle of the pack team with Minshew. They likely are not going to have a high draft pick next year. AP thinks they can win right now with this defense which is why they are desperate for a QB. I personally agree with you, but like the roster a little more. I do think that same emotional energy created last season will be hard to maintain. 5 of their wins came against backup QBs. They won't have as easy of a time. That said, they have some real emotional leaders on defense who buy in. It's not for nothing.
  8. With the 36th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Washington Wizards select!
  9. For me the JJ comp is Daniel Jones. Not overly impressive or consistent in college but is a late riser in the draft process because of who he played for, the tools he has and the interviews. JJ is athletic - like Jones - but hasn't displayed the consistency to me in college to warrant a top 10 pick.
  10. I was very impressed. I still prefer JJ I think his was actually the best Proday I’ve seen in 4 years along with everything else but Maye is my fallback at this point. Jayden is a hell of a talent I just have too many things I’ve seen other players flame out for parts too his game I don’t know how coachable they are to fix. Plus the blocking he had at LSU was top notch and it’s doubtful a team can sustain that type of OL in this league with the money he will get if he had that type of blocking for whoever drafts him.
  11. Today
  12. I think Raiders will make a serious attempt to get pick 2 and or 3 and if it doesn't work out I'm very curious if they will be all in on Penix. With that said they might have to move up a bit after his pro day. I have a feeling Rams make a big move up and try to get him.
  13. Smith made it to bot Duke and UNC. Curry at UNC. Biggest shock? Khan and Tomlin met with Pennix at his pro day. And he’s got a visit scheduled.
  14. I betcha the player this was designed for broke wide open right after that pump fake.
  15. I think the Steelers were finally ready to move on from Tomlin, but they're the Steelers and they don't do that sort of thing. So they needed to go all in at the QB position to either have their minds changed or have their minds made up. Realistically, Tomlin should have been fired half a decade ago. Since their Super Bowl loss to the Packers: 13 seasons. 5 missed postseasons. 6 one and done playoff exits. Otherwise, they've won 3 postseason games since 2010.
  16. My current top ten situations: 1a. MHJ-WR "Generational". I consider moving up for him. 1b. Nabers-WR I think he's up there with MHJ and wouldn't be at all shocked if he has a better career.... To me he's basically a younger, better DJ Moore (and for the record, I think DJ Moore is at worst, a top 10 receiver in the league). I again consider moving up for him. 3. Alt-LT Top LT of the class. Positional value has this as an easy choice at 9 if Nabers and MHJ are gone. 4a. Turner-Edge I'm not as high on this edge class overall, but he's passrush #1 4b. Trade down Newton-3T I think people are undervaluing him. I still like him better than I did Carter, even discounting his off the field stuff. 6. Trade down JPJ-OC He's one of 2 OC in this draft class I'd take as an immediate starter (the other is Zach Frazier), he's huge and he moves like someone 50 lbs lighter. 7. Trade down Bowers-TE The ONLY reason bowers isn't higher on my board is because even a mid first rounder on a TE is still paying him as a top tier TE out of the gate. 8. Odonze-WR at 9 I just have questions about his game translating because I just don't trust receivers who rely on contested catches. He's got the physical tools, and by all accounts he's an A++ character guy. I feel like he's -=BY FAR=- the most likely pick for us. He'd be a HELL of an asset if he puts it together and his game ends up translating, and I do really like the room he'd have around him to help him learn the position better. 9. Trade down Amarius Mims-OT This is a bit of projection, since he currently plays RT... and Wright is solid there... but Mims is a monster, and the kind of player where you take the player and find a way to make it work. 10a. Fashanu-LT I'm lower on him than most, though I suppose I'm not listing this as a "trade down" so still not that low. He's a great pass blocker, but I'm a bit concerned about his physicality. 10b. Verse-Edge on a short trade down. I might have him above Fashanu, but I also am favoring offensive improvements to make the QB's life better
  17. With the 153rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select: D-0282 Matt Goncalves, OT, Pittsburgh
  18. Yeah. He's comfortably OC1 for me, even though there's a bit of projection on making the transition inside, snapping, etc. Just looks so easy to translate and his offseason work has looked like a real natural fit to me. JPJ gets all the hype and he's got a lot more raw power to offer, but he doesn't play with nearly the same imperturbable balance, suddenness, and awareness of Barton. It just looks so natural and easy to him. JPJ will maul guys but he seems to rely a lot more on brute force to wrestle a guy back into balance...or goes overboard out of balance the other way trying to bury a guy. Really the only thing where Barton seems to get into trouble is...when his lack of length gets a bit exposed with too much space. Which should evaporate inside. Only guy who comes into the conversation to unseat Barton for me as IOL1 overall is if i'm projecting Fautanu as a Guard.
  19. Ridley is bad though. So there's that. Roll the tape someone posted in the Ridley signing thread that was labelled a "Trevor Lawrence near miss TDs" reel...but was in actuality, just like 80% lowlights of Ridley being ***. And that wasn't even the worst part of watching his unenthusiastic self playing receiver on those downs where he doesn't even seem to feel like trying because a DB was mean to him at the line and he gave up. He might continue to compile some yardage, but i wouldn't want him as my WR2 at all. Honestly...i'd take even the old man, clearly slowing down version of Hopkins over any WR on the Jaguars currently. Pre-draft at least. Most of the receivers in the division really. Problem is...i'd still take Pittman over him. Especially given the age. Even if Hopkins has never really been dependent on speed...he's still clearly losing his edge. Still very good...just...so is Pittman, and ascending rather than trending downward. Both are pretty "QB Proof" considering Pittman just kept rolling with Moustache Man at QB.
  20. Hell yeah this looks awesome. I'm excited for this
  21. Been taking part in a mock on here, No trade backs. My draft so far.. R1 Drake Maye QB Gotta take a shot on QB here. If you hit, that's half the battle won. R2 Kingsley Suamataia OT Open competition at LT, Kingsley has the tools to make the spot his. R3 Ja'Lynn Polk WR Smooth route runner with great hands, plug and play guy for whoever picks him. R4 Dominick Puni OG Another guy for the o-line. He can compete with the Strange and Sow for one of the interior spots. R5 Nehemiah Pritchett CB Toolsy corner with potential to start opposite Gonzalez. I had the option to trade back with the vikings for 11+23 but like I said I think you have to try with the QB when you're picking this high. Anyhow what do you guys think??
  22. Fargo s2 Can we have an alternative universe where
  23. Man, I love Graham Barton - dude is never off balance. He is Joe Thuney.
  1. Load more activity