All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Do you think center is likely his best position or do you see him as a Pro Bowl level guard projection? I tend to agree with goldfish....he reminds me of Thuney. For the Chiefs, I wouldn't hate it if the Chiefs added Barton considering Thuney's age + contract and the pending free agency of Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith.
  3. Who am I taking? Nabers Who are the Giants taking... they run to the podium for JJ. A private workout on Easter... they are super high on this kid. I'm thinking they are even willing to trade up to get him.
  4. Any faith I have in the Khan/Weidl/Tomlin regime would immediately die on the spot.
  5. 5 Remaining open teams: Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos, Cowboys, Saints
  6. Eye opening stats .. Steelers haven't done much for sure the past decade.
  7. https://x.com/CommandersFB1/status/1773428792721096774?s=20 Maybe it's edited? Otherwise it should be making more of a stink
  8. Feels like a “new” rebuilding year after a phase of our first rebuilding for a long time, which did not rebuild anything. I think the fans would have little patience with another rebuilding year were it the same regime in charge. But because it’s a brand new feel, our patience levels have been reset somewhat. However, we are still tired of losing to Miami and Buffalo every time…but I’m saying you’re right. We will mostly be ok with Brissett steadying the ship somewhat. on the QB rise which seems to occur every year (you mentioned it was Daniels this year, for one), how many of these tend to be genuine? As in, is it a rise based on merit and he should be considered as high as his new projected position, or is it down to QB needyness? They’re projected high all of a sudden, due to the teams needing a QB, rather than him becoming a player so much better than his original projected range? If that makes sense.
  9. Matt Prater has balled put except for 1 season since being cut in Denv. Of course his last 2 stops were Det (indoor) and Arizona so, those are very favorable places to kick. I'm with you that I hope the UDFA wins the job.
  10. The other night I was randomly watching highlights of the draft QB prospects. I don't know them and never seen them before. Here's my immediate reactions. I liked Caleb Williams the most. He has a little Mahomes to him in the way he scrambles and flicks the ball out. I was meh on Jayden Daniels, meh on JJ McCarthy (however I need to watch more of him to get a better feel for him) and did not like Bo Nix. I sort of liked Maye. Then I come across Penix. Wow. Strong in the pocket, fairly quick release, effortless throwing it long, accurate too. The ball is consistently within reach of the receiver but most importantly out of reach of the defender. He can scramble if he needs to. He's seems to be the full package. Why isn't he being touted more? Turns out for several reasons, his injury history (despite being healthy the last two years), his age and the fact he's a lefty, I think lots of people struggle to look past that. There's a twitter video which flips the picture to appear he's throwing right handed. Guess what...he looks amazing. I'm a sucker for QBs who effortlessly throws deep balls. A QB like that really opens up the offensive playbook.
  11. For the record: I demand these, even if Michael Scott beat someone by using actual paper.
  12. Penix is still a day 2 pick. Him running a 4.5 shouldn't change opinion, let alone make him a top 10 pick. The tape doesn't lie. His production is awful outside structure. He might be able to scramble, but he can't create on the move. He's got an awkward throwing motion. Relied heavily on an all star cast of WR talent. He never dealt with pressure. Only took 31 sacks in college. Michigan exposed him. He was 3-15 when pressured for 14 yards and 2 INTs. Worse, he had no self awareness post game saying "I don’t feel like they did anything — I feel like we beat ourselves". They forced him to make plays and he wasn't up for the task. They threw off his timing with pressure and he had no answers.
  13. Today
  14. I wonder if we take Drake Maye that NE then takes JJ McCarthy because Van Pelt will run the Stefanski West Coast offense with a lot of plays under center. Then, ATL, Minny or Denv trades up to leapfrog the Giants to take Jayden Daniels.
  15. They more or less tried scenario 1. Promoted their LB coach, inserted a 4th round rookie at QB and they overplayed expectations. Pretty much everyone in that moment thought they were getting a top 5 pick. Plan B, ths problem is they are talented enough and pretty good on defense to be a middle of the pack team with Minshew. They likely are not going to have a high draft pick next year. AP thinks they can win right now with this defense which is why they are desperate for a QB. I personally agree with you, but like the roster a little more. I do think that same emotional energy created last season will be hard to maintain. 5 of their wins came against backup QBs. They won't have as easy of a time. That said, they have some real emotional leaders on defense who buy in. It's not for nothing.
  16. With the 36th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Washington Wizards select!
  17. For me the JJ comp is Daniel Jones. Not overly impressive or consistent in college but is a late riser in the draft process because of who he played for, the tools he has and the interviews. JJ is athletic - like Jones - but hasn't displayed the consistency to me in college to warrant a top 10 pick.
  18. I was very impressed. I still prefer JJ I think his was actually the best Proday I’ve seen in 4 years along with everything else but Maye is my fallback at this point. Jayden is a hell of a talent I just have too many things I’ve seen other players flame out for parts too his game I don’t know how coachable they are to fix. Plus the blocking he had at LSU was top notch and it’s doubtful a team can sustain that type of OL in this league with the money he will get if he had that type of blocking for whoever drafts him.
  19. I think Raiders will make a serious attempt to get pick 2 and or 3 and if it doesn't work out I'm very curious if they will be all in on Penix. With that said they might have to move up a bit after his pro day. I have a feeling Rams make a big move up and try to get him.
  20. Smith made it to bot Duke and UNC. Curry at UNC. Biggest shock? Khan and Tomlin met with Pennix at his pro day. And he’s got a visit scheduled.
  21. I betcha the player this was designed for broke wide open right after that pump fake.
  22. I think the Steelers were finally ready to move on from Tomlin, but they're the Steelers and they don't do that sort of thing. So they needed to go all in at the QB position to either have their minds changed or have their minds made up. Realistically, Tomlin should have been fired half a decade ago. Since their Super Bowl loss to the Packers: 13 seasons. 5 missed postseasons. 6 one and done playoff exits. Otherwise, they've won 3 postseason games since 2010.
  1. Load more activity