All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not as far as interior OL go and especially not OC. I don't deny that top OC have been drafted as high as round one but there are far more starting now who were drafted after that. Some long after. My point is simple. In the current NFL the rules are slanted toward the offense and scoring. You not only want a 30 ppg offense you need one now. Would you agree? So why would you trade away from the opportunity to draft an elite point producer at WR or a top level LT to have a shot at an OC? It makes no sense to me that Poles would do that this year drafting where he is. In another year when we've won far more games and we're drafting somewhere in the 20s then I might agree especially if an OC or OG is the BPA on the board at that pick. I can only say what I have all long. For far too long this team has lacked elite difference makers on offense and no matter how good our defenses were they were not good enough for us to even beat GB twice a year and win the NFCN like we did in the '80s. Yeah, the game has changed and positional values have changed with but towards passers and pass catchers who make the big money now. Look at what it's costing to sign a top shelf FA WR or retain your own and tell me that being able to have a younger one under his rookie contract for 5 years isn't of value. The top NFL OC get half or less of what a top WR gets. I've been as guilty as others as far as falling in love with players who would not become difference makers but I've changed my point of view because it didn't work out as planned.
  3. I hope this doesn’t happen but I have a feeling that George Paton will get fired a few days after the draft and they’ll give Payton full control.
  4. I think Penix would be a great consolation price. He is way better under pressure than what the national championship game makes it seem.
  5. I, on the other hand, wonder how bad can Caleb Williams be on the Bears
  6. Great work. Takes guts to put your work out there like that. And just a lot of time and work to get everything together before the draft. I'm still very knee deep in trying to pluck away at my own list, while dealing with a ton of other stuff. Really enjoyed some of the humorous notes sprinkled throughout. Ohrhorhhorhoroho is forever just going to be "Ruke" to everyone throughout his career. lol. Not a deep, rich, luxurious wood errr...name like Mahogany. Unless Orhorhoro becomes a star...in which case, everyone will get it sorted. And still type it out as "Ruke" mostly anyway. But it's one of those names that i have to throttle down for typing like Mississippi to make sure i've got the right number of things in the right order. And it still never looks quite right, and triggers every spellcheck in the world obviously. A lot of pretty similar thoughts that i agree with actually. Especially earlier, i think there's some pretty decent alignment of our boards that look fairly aligned. Dom Puni "unusually" high is something that jumped out to me, but i largely agree on. He's got supreme versatility and really big upside as an Interior Fixture. Also some that i really disagree on and things start to really unravel later as far as alignment...but that's naturally going to happen. Everyone's board is going to start to diverge pretty wildly outside the Top-60/90ish at most.
  7. No issues on the Falcons pick i would prefer Latu but would be thrilled with Turner as well.
  8. Today
  9. Yay, a Net Reduction. Jersey design is basically Boise State-esque, or insert whatever High School you can think of. Only plus is a more included third color, but nothing else really looks like an upgrade, or even tread water. The jagged bolt on the sleeves does nothing for me. The colors themselves look a little more bled out than before, even the orange. Helmet got the worst of the deal. Whatever the [BLEEP] that back arrow crap is completely tanked the look. Who exactly out there finds that particular design APPEALING? Two years and 10,000 individual contributions sounds about right for this sort of slop. [BLEEP]in' Corpocracy.
  10. I am just sitting here waiting for Schefy to put out the report we have traded up to #3. Then I will wait for the report we have traded to #2 during the draft. Hey Tommy Testicles, go get Jayden.
  11. A perfect example of fixing something that wasn't broke.
  12. Lakers bringing up officiating in their press conferences. Shameless actions.
  13. Nuggets were 0/20 from 3 outside of Joker/MPJ and won. Jokic kept them in it long enough for Jamal to stop sucking. This dude is on his way towards being a top 5 player ever.
  14. Sione Vaki, RB/S Utah - Wow. What a wild player to watch tape on. I only watched a bit of Utah naturally all year (while they were making me giggle by dunking on Florida). And I was saving him for later until Vaki exploded all over the USC film while I was watching Calen Bullock. All of the reports that I had read described a physically limited guy that was a bit of nothing at both positions. So I haven't had a lot of incentive to spend time on him yet. And at safety or nickel, I really get that assessment. Vaki is a thickly built, shorter player with really short arms that show up on tape. He has great wrapping up technique for his frame and short arms, but it is just hard to get to guys with ~29 in arms. He triggers and really explodes in a straight line, but that straight line stuff can lead to bad angles and difficulty changing directions. But he's tough and he's smart and he fights with what he has. At running back, Vaki had almost no tape, but what was there was pretty nuts. Every time they ran outside zone from gun with him, it looked to threaten to be a TD. Makes one cut and goes. He scored a 70 yard TD against man on a rail route and took another swing pass for another explosive in limited action. He has spent time as a slot receiver in his past, and you can see that by how he catches passes naturally (even one he didn't expect, lol) and runs wiggly routes. And he's still a really compact guy and will go through arm tackles with a head of steam. I am surprised that he ran a 4.6. I thought he'd be a guy who was clunky at changing directions but was pretty gnarly going straight. He chewed up angles and ground as a runner and as a pursuit defender. I'd be fascinated to see his on field top speed data. I actually kind of dig looking at Vaki as a running back flyer later on. Calen Bullock, S USC - A really fluid, really rangy safety that spends some time as a nickel in man coverage. He handled this variety of coverage responsibilities really well. He's so smooth at following players and breaking on passing plays from both single high and from the seam and deep half in MOFO. From the various descriptions and gradings, I was expecting a truly terrible tackler, but I didn't get to see evidence of much of that in the couple of games that I saw. He looked like Gumby out there, but he got the guys that I saw to the ground that he really needed to. But I believe the insinuations. There just isn't a lot of mass to his frame. My problem with his run defense / non coverage responsibilities was more like he's just very floaty and contact avoidant and not aggressive and committed to his defensive responsibility as a run defender so he's just not in the right spaces often enough. Malachi Corley, WR Western Kentucky - I've also written a lot about Malachi previously, because along with Suamataia I think that all of the evidence lines up to make him a quite likely 49ers draftee. Like Suamataia, he's physically similar to player that we are likely to replace soon and has been brought in for a visit. Corley could be sensibly drafted with our third or possibly second round pick. He was the most dangerous player in college football at handling short passes for long YAC last year. It's his calling card. I personally think that he could fill Deebo's current hole in the offense satisfactorily (albeit with a loss of Deebo's highest upside 70 and 80 yard plays). Johnny Wilson, WR / ? Florida State - Another super weird player. Crazy long and big for a wide receiver, not a wing or H-Back. Feels like an evolution of what Jajaun Jennings and Kendrick Bourne brought as the big slot. Engulfs corners as a blocker. Really fluid route runner. Stacks players surprisingly well for a giant. Had no YAC whatsoever on tape. Really poor concentration drops on film. I would be entertained having him on the roster, but have no idea where I'd take him. Probably a 5th rounder for me, just can't live with the drops, but I could see teams falling in love.
  15. The more I think about it, the more I realize we aren't going OT at #31, with the sole exception of fautanu falling that far. He seems to be the only guy I've watched that will be a surefire, day 1 plug and play player in our system who might actually fall to us. We just aren't going to have the same board at OT as other teams, and I think Kyle and John have a lot of confidence in Foerster and are perfectly happy with "reaching" on a T in the third or fourth round to be a swing T who maybe will become more than that. If they wait, they will probably draft more than one. I think they are perfectly content doing so. Upgrading the depth on the OL is super important and that means spending multiple draft picks. If you are going to spend multiple picks on OL, I think you can justify spending early picks on other positions. I think it's much more likely we draft defense in the first round. If there is a player you love that falls, then you take him. I could see 4-5 different defensive players falling that would fit in here. It makes sense to continue to keep the cupboards stocked on defense. Our offense in 25 could be absurdly expensive if/when we extend Brock and aiyuk. We will need productive young players on defense. I also think it's very possible none of the defensive players fall and all of the top OL prospects get taken and we trade back 10+ spots and "reach" on a OT that everyone will says should be drafted in the late third or something. If there is someone you think is a day 1 starter available at #31, you probably don't trade down. So I wouldn't love it because it would mean our first round targets wouldn't have fallen to us, and then I'm going to wonder if it would have made more sense to trade up.
  16. That sequence where Jokic threw up that three and Gordon tipped toe on the baseline to save the ball and throws it to an open MPJ. ******* wild man. That sequence probably fails 9 outta 10 times.
  17. We haven't even seen what direction the Steelers are going in the draft, yet. The Steelers never take pure BPA anyway. They take the player at the top of their board at areas of need. They could easily take a RT late day 2 or early day 3 and make them compete for starter with another vet they eventually sign. They dont HAVE to force the pick early if it isn't there. Center doesn't have to be forced either. There are good options early, some decent options in the mid rounds and even some lateral vet options. We may not definitely improve at center, but I doubt we go backwards. The only position I see us possibly going backwards at is WR. I certainly dont love our strategy or understand it, but I will wait until this weekend to really weigh in, because depending how the draft shakes out,it could (and should) shed some light on what the plan is and will be going forward. If we start reaching and/or making odd picks, then I will question whether they ever had a real plan. Signing mediocre FAs just to fill holes might ease some minds, but doesn't exactly move the needle in any meaningful way.
  18. Not bad. Not bad at all.
  19. Why has Chris Braswell [ELB, Ala] dropped so much on analysts' draft boards?
  20. I don’t think he has the play strength to consistently play outside in the NFL. He needs to be put in motion or line up in the slot to consistently win in the NFL imo. I think if used right he can be a solid pro. High floor, but low ceiling.
  21. Yes. Wilson changes nothing for them. I think it’s highly likely they take Nix at 12.
  22. 100% yes they should take Bowers if he makes it to pick 14. I’d argue he’s one of the top 3 most talented players in this draft. We can address the OL with other picks and guys like Andrus Peat and Dalton Risner are still free agents that could be signed to improve the OL if we go a different direction with our top pick.
  23. It's ok, 6ers will just throw a bag at Paul George and that should fix everything.
  24. No way he should be in the Hall of Fame. Most wouldn’t have had him in their top 5 QB’s for most of his NFL career.
  25. Helpside is not all that important at that time of the game. Murray got off but you still prefer LeBron and AD on Murray in those situations. Just give props to Murray for doing his thing.
  1. Load more activity