All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Pre draft trades are incredibly rare. Teams normally want to see who’s on the clock before they move. In the last 15 years we’ve had: 2012 RG3 deal 2012 Richardson (an hour before the draft and it was obvious who the top 2 were) 2016 Goff 2016 Wentz 2018 Darnold 2024 Vikings/Texans trade I genuinely can’t remember any other trades involving only picks that were completed before draft day itself
  3. Jayden odds down to -175 after touching -300 the past two days.
  4. Of course JJ McCarthy has potential but honestly before the season started I had him as a potential returnee unless they won the National Title and he would just ride that wave and hope to get over drafted because of it. Still he is not ready to go right now but yes I would have far less of a problem with him if they do not trade away three potential starting players to get him. Then again with the Lewis Cine pick, obviously not all 1st rounders become starters or even play at all. With the #11 and #23 picks, they address QB with either one, be that McCarthy, Penix or Nix they could legitimately get at #11 Verse, Arnold, Fautanu, Fuaga, Mitchell or Latham. Or with the #23 pick if QB is address at #11 they could absolutely be in play for DeJean, McKinstry, Newton, Wiggins or Murphy. Clearly in this senario, #11 with another player outside of QB one would get better value and a better player, #23 less of a value but could be great if Nix or Penix is just sitting there waiting to be picked but then again that might not happen as well and they would totally miss out and have to trade up into the 2nd or 3rd to even get a decent QB. So tons of options and they would be far better off because of it, not to mention the 2025 1st rounder they will be getting as well. And yes it is very similar to the Alabama QBs but then again Jalen Hurts has been successful and Tua has as well. Mac Jones not so much but the rest were not 1st round picks coming out of Bama at QB with McCarron, Coker and McElroy being National Championship winning QBs. And Alabama never had a record 18 players invited to the combine which Michigan had this year, and they had 9 the previous season so that is 27 combine invites off Michigan while JJ McCarthy was the starting QB on over the past two years. That is a pretty stacked deck to say the least. The Cardinals, Chargers, Titans, Falcons, Bears and Jets are probably all just waiting for a team to make some foolish move to go get a QB. And I feel all are totally find just moving back potentially and getting three 1st rounders to show for it. Only reason that should even happen is if Drake Maye or Jaydon Daniels falls and the Commanders or Patriots pass on a QB and one of the top three fall out of the top 3 picks. That, yes maybe is worth moving up for but even then who knows, but at least with those two they are proven passes and both are better more dangerous athletes running the football and both have more arm talent as well than McCarthy. And Zach Wilson is a good comparison because he also wowed people because of his ability to make big throws rolling outside the pocket but I would say no question Zach Wilson has far better pure arm talent and arm strength than JJ McCarthy. And Zach Wilson also played generally in college with a solid run game, good TEs, solid OL and was supported fully, clearly that was not the case on the Jets and it is a lot harder having to carry a team, especially when protection is not great and the run game is not great either. Zach Wilson also played against so so competition and in a COVID season so that had something to do with his improvement as well from the average seasons he had previously.
  5. Stay: Pick # 1: Amarius Mims Pick # 2: Max Melton Pick # 3: Javon Baker Alternate: Cooper DeJean
  6. Pro Football HOF and Packers OL legend Forrest Gregg was 6’4 but only 249 lbs!
  7. I agree. So I’d like to go fishing for a lesser rated LB later on
  8. Daniel Jeremiah floated Byron Murphy as a guy who will go higher than expected. Potential top 10 guy. Given the DT market this offseason, I guess it wouldn’t surprise me.
  9. 1. Jordan Morgan, Arizona 2. Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma 3. Kingsley Suamataia, BYU 4. Cooper DeJean, Iowa 5. Jacob Cowing, Arizona 6. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky 7. Javon Baker, UCF 8. Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington 9. Jalen Green, James Madison 10. Chris Braswell, Alabama 11. Austin Booker, Kansas 12. Max Melton, Rutgers 13. Renardo Green, Florida State 14. Malik Mustapha, Wake Forest 15. Karsen Barnhart, Michigan 16. Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama 17. Amarius Mims, Georgia 18. Rasheen Ali, Marshall 19. Brandon Coleman, TCU 20. Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
  10. Doesn't sound like smart business but to each their own
  11. If you don't want Williams, the trade from 1 - 2 is a no brainer. If you are OK with either Maye or Daniels, the trade to 4 is also a no brainer because you ask Arizona who they want to move up to get which I believe is standard protocol. That means one of the QB's are left.
  12. Think it was more of a gamble, low risk/high reward type signing thinking he could possibly play this year. Just doesnt make sense in today's league to sign a player knowing they wont be available for 2 years. Then again this team makes questionable moves regarding the 53 man roster spots by signing guys like Penny, Sermon, Albert O and never playing them even when they're needed due to injury.
  13. These two comments essentially cancel each other out. "Ol Gunslinger" began to lose shootouts later in his career with GB because he had to carry the team due to shoddy defenses. Anyone remember that Packers-Colts match-up(wanna say 2002 or 2004)? The key play in the game was Jason David forcing a fumble after a reception and the Colts falling on it. Nevermind that we were the NFC version of the Chiefs: 13-3 year based on a strong RB play only to lose in the first round because the defense was crap. Same thing goes for Rodgers from 2011 on essentially with the exception of 2014 where the defense actually played better than average until Brandon Bostick...well...
  14. For me no one in their right minds would say no to this...just don't see if falling our way to this extent.
  15. I'm not saying don't take a corner. I'm saying don't take a slot corner. Especially while you have Lenoir. They don't have the value and would need to be a special player to make that worth it. There's a reason you don't see straight up nickel corners go in the first round all that often. There's a reason why they are paid substantially less. I believe the highest paid slot corner in the league is Taron Johnson who is outside of the top 15 CBs in AAV. Drafts should be heavily slanted early on toward the highest paid positions, if we are being honest. Outside corner, QB, Pass rusher, tackle, wide receiver. We may need to add guard to that soon, but we'll see if those numbers keep up from this year. Then you come to points where guys who don't play those positions are clearly bpa and you smash that. Every now and again, you have a special prospect that makes going for a different position worth it (think Brock Bowers)
  16. Don't really see the point of trying to grab a nickel in the first when you can grab a nickel in rounds 2-4 in this draft. Plenty of those guys.
  17. So, a few thoughts. Firstly, I think Surtain should be off the table. The only way I’m even thinking about him is if you could you go all the way up to 1 and get a generational one talent like Caleb Williams. Even 12 + Surtain is way too much for me for a boom/bust guy like McCarthy, but maybe Payton ranks him really high. The idea of one of the QBs sliding towards the back end of the top 10 intrigues me, it’s not something I’d thought about before today, but it’s not outside the range of possibilities. The scenario is something like this: Williams 1, Daniels 2, Maye 3, MHJ 4, then Harbaugh falls in love with someone at 5, Nabers 6, Alt 7 and then it’s kinda open season to trade up to 8 for McCarthy. You can probably go from 12 to 8 for just like a 3rd rounder or something. Then I’m probably fine with it because even if he’s a bust it’s not like you’ve thrown years of resources at him. I do really think the Nix thing is quite likely but the issue is he’s kinda projected to come off the board anywhere between the tail end of the first round and the mid/late second round. He almost certainly won’t make it to our 3rd round pick because there’s enough QB needy teams who probably won’t take one in R1 (Vegas, NYG, Seattle, even the Saints) that probably won’t take one in R1. Therefore there’s really 3 ways to end up with Penix: 1) Reach and take him at 12 2) Trade back from 12 and manoeuvre a way to get a pick in the right ballpark. Either you move back really far (like with Buffalo?) and take him late 1st, or you move back like 8-10 spots and get a 2nd in the trade. 3) Trade next year’s 1st for a late 1 or early 2 this year and then take him. I think option 1 and 3 are terrible ideas. I can get on board with option 2 but then I really struggle to find a viable trade partner for 12. Who would want to come up to that pick and why?
  18. I'm willing to bet he knocks Royce Newman off the roster as a G/T...
  19. I wouldn't hate it. As long as we trade back from 7 lol
  20. I hate their spot at #25. I'm anticipating the run on legit first round prospects will be over, but especially at the premium positions. They'll likely be choosing from a lesser tier of OL or DB, or reaching to fill a position like LB or S. It's why I'm guessing they won't be keeping #25. They'll be moving up a handful of picks to secure someone like Mims or McKinstry, or down and perhaps out of round one.
  21. I get that, but we’re also gonna continue to add guys to help him do that next year. And the year after. And the year after that. We’re one Sweat injury away from having ZERO pass rush. The year 1 Trestman team scored a ton of points but couldn’t stop anyone. That’s not good for CW’s development either.
  22. Sure, no, but it appears to be the team's thinking. There was no move to get even a journeyman in free agency. Bear in mind that Morris will have a full year of strength and conditioning training in addition to skill development. There is a need for a swing tackle other than Lucas Niang, who is in his last contract year. That's a logical place to put a rookie.
  23. He's one of my favorites in this draft, but I think for the Packers I would rather have Colson. I think Cooper will make it to #41, but it's going to be close.
  24. This is a somewhat simple game. Make a list of three prospects you believe the Ravens will draft with their first three picks plus one alternate prospect that can count for any of those slots. Here is how you score: 5 points for an accurate 1st pick 7 points for an accurate 2nd pick 9 points for an accurate 3rd pick 2 points for the correct position for a predicted pick, but the wrong player 2 points for the correct player, but taken at the wrong pick 2 points for correct choice of trading down, trading up, or staying put with the initial first round pick (2024 #30) And a template for your submission: Trade Down, Trade Up, or Stay: Pick # 1: Pick # 2: Pick # 3: Alternate: And that's it! Like I said, simple. Tiebreakers will be decided on how many correct selections were made either by the pick itself or the correct player taken at the wrong pick (only taking the first three picks into account). Then correct position but wrong player points, and finally the trade up, down, or stay points. Good luck everybody!
  25. Last year, we had two corners who were fine. We need three. Not saying we need to burn a first on a position just to do it, but the team is in dire need of that third corner. The fact Lenior plays both positions equally well just makes it more frustrating that we don't have the third guy.
  26. in a podcast studio where he belongs. I don't think anyone knows what a healthy Rodgers on a new team even looks like right now.
  1. Load more activity