All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

You need him more than we do.
  3. What are you reading? V1

Reading The Swamp Fox. The Patriot was a complete and total crock of ****. Very interesting read, and I'm glad I didn't gloss over it because it gives a very interesting portrayal of the war in the south during the American Revolution that most other books on the war seem to gloss over completely.
  4. Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

Tough sell. I don't know who would be the odd man out in a DL that has Ogunjobi, McCoy, and Sheldon Richardson on it. Richardson might be the worst player on that interior DL believe it or not. Man having McCoy would be amazing. Plenty of snaps available and you'd think the more established vets would get the "start" but that will be Freddie's decision Dorsey can't promise him anything. I'd certainly play Ogunjobi the most snaps, he has youth on his side.
  5. Tenet (Christopher Nolan) - July 2020

I could swear I had read that this movie has a sci fi angle. I'm praying that's true. I have very little interest in fiction of this type without some kind of sci fi angle.
  6. Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

Still well worth the watch. I binge watched S1 today. As someone else said, the first four seasons are probably the greatest TV show of all time. And S5-S7 is some very quality TV that still beats any other show. Yeah, S8 sucked and was a rushed mess, but I still 100% recommend to watch.
  7. Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

Good thing is that HBO will probably never get involved in a series where the source material isn't finished again. That was their mistake right at the beginning. Literally none of these major problems would have happened if they'd just waited until they had the completed series. I'm still okay with it. Could have been so much better, but I feel like the books will have the same ending, just with considerably better writing to get there. Take your vitamin C and get on a treadmill, GRRM. Hang in there for another 10 years to finish both books.
  8. I've had moments where I've lost a lot less money than he just lost and been a lot less calm lol
  9. 2019 Packers Forum League- PHASE 2 (GO TO PAGE 3)

My draft availability is super open in the evenings. And almost any Sunday is pretty safe.
  10. "GoT extra / NFL MVP" tag was a classic. Danica might not be so happy though lol.
  11. I respect you as a poster so I won't make the snarky comment I want to make, but Klay has not been playing like a trash can offensively. He's a streaky shooter obviously but missing shots =\= playing poorly. It just means he's missing shots.
  12. I’m happy for Aaron looking at that pic.
  13. Giannis is going to need a monster game or else he's going to feel the wrath of criticism.
  14. it's not really for postups, unless they switch Lowry or FVV onto him. It's more to get open layups/dunks from Giannis' defender being out of position for a split second. Or open threes because the PG defender has to hold Giannis until his man gets back into position. Stuff like this:
  15. Total sidebar - lol @ the MIL owner's daughter wearing a Pusha-T t-shirt. Drake is probably eating this W up, though lol.
  16. aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Man, I’m over 50 and thoroughly enjoyed this series. Dang I may have watch it again sometime in the near future. But I get it, taste/preferences are subjective.
  17. The Batman is Robert Pattinson

Again, it was how they were done. Lex was laughably miscast, poorly written and directed and the motives driving his character to hate Superman were a ******* joke. Go look at Superman or Justice League Animated Series to see how Lex should be done. It wouldnt be hard, but WB finds away to make it seem hard. Darkseid is SUPPOSED to be overly powerful...and in most cases, is a boring character. However, the problem with him in this movie was that they tried to put 8 different storylines in one movie, and it ended up being wasted. The Death of Superman could have been done much much better and had a far greater impact. But since WB wanted to catch up to Marvel, they decided to cram a bunch of stories and character development into one movie, and it fell flat. Meh. He did amazing with Begins and TDK. I thought TDKR completely fell apart in the 3rd act and kind of ruined the movie. Man of Steel was okay, but the tone was too grim for a Superman movie. There was no levity outside of a few bad jokes. Honestly, I think the Dark Knight Trilogy hurt the current DC universe....because WB was scared to venture too far away from that darker tone because of the success of the Batman movies AND the failures of movies like Batman & Robin and Green Lantern. On top of that, I think they were trying to be different from Marvel. However, it just didnt work. I mean, you can have a Superman movie be darker, but it still needs to make Superman feel like Superman, and while I absolutely enjoyed parts of Man of Steel....it felt too pretentious for a Superman movie . It was trying to take itself more seriously than it should have. Oh....and Goyer's dialogue was laughably bad. Bottom line....they have never had the right group of people to make the DC universe really come to life on the big screen....and I dont think they ever will.
  18. Are you smarter than our front office v.2019

Just my opinion, but I think we got him in Flacco.
  19. I got so used to LeBron dominating the East that seeing this year's playoffs has been so fun. The Raptors were so close to going down 3-1 to the Sixers. They were so close to going into OT in game 7 and who knows what would've happened there. They were down 2-0 in this series. What this playoffs are showing me is how close the Bucks, Raptors, and Sixers were to each other and how the East is in for fun times post-LeBron. I just hope whoever wins this series *at least* makes the Finals a fun series vs GSW, if they don't just straight up win.
  20. Marvel Mafia - Signup Now!

TBH. Super Heroes are all boring and corny as s-.
  21. Marvel Mafia - Signup Now!

Marvels comic and breadth of characters outshine. Plus I grew up in the 90s watching XMen cartoons every Sat morning. to they will always have my heart. DC has the Nolan batmans, but every other movie theyve made has been mediocre/bad.
  22. ***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

So dumb. I understand that they don't want to give up the rights to those characters, but do they actually think they'll be able to do those characters justice?
  23. Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

By all means watch the show. The first 4 seasons are literally the best around. Season 5-6 start to deviate from the same quality as the books are no longer there to use, but it's still at a high level. Seasons 7-8 are incredibly fun to watch, because the spectacle gets ramped up - it's just that the writing and consistency have IMO rightfully been questioned. As for the ending, judge for yourself. Almost everyone agrees that S8 is rushed (and frankly it kinda started in S7), and I'm in the camp that much of the major plot twists weren't earned - the ending results aren't the issue as much as the lazy / inconsistent / contradictory writing that leads to those plot twists (the final twist being the one that kinda makes me chuckle in the fitting problems it presents, encapsulates S8 in a nutshell - but it also allows for the other main characters to achieve results that are more in line to the "best-case" outcome...so I'm still so torn - hate the mechanics and final choice for ruler...but how it enables other characters to end, I see why it's necessary - just such horribly lazy/contradictory writing to get there). Hopefully by the time you catch up, we might get news of the books that will finish the original book arc. Of course, if you take your time and finish by 2022+, I like your chances more on that last count lol.
  1. Load more activity