All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Going back 10 years, by the time the Packers were on the clock, I think my preferences were '14: Kelvin Benjamin (was Clinton-Dix) '15: Denzel Perryman (Randall) '16: Jaylon Smith (Clark) '17: Reuben Foster (King) '18: Derwin James, but I loved getting the 1st for moving down (Alexander) '19: Dexter Lawrence (Gary) '20: Patrick Queen (Love) '21: Either Samuel Jr. or Rondale Moore (Stokes) '22: George Pickens (Walker, Wyatt) '23: Dalton Kincaid, but once Carter started to fall I was screaming. Bijan was my favorite (LVN) Looking back most years my favorites were long gone by the time the Packers were on the board, but probably would have turned out bad anyway.
  3. Agreed. Myers is the Center, Tom is the RT unless we find someone we really like at RT. I really like this draft TBH and think Wright is more explosive than Jones so long as he becomes more of a north-south runner. I think getting Mims at 25 is a wet dream with Pittsburgh showing serious interest in him, but I'm running to the podium if he's on the board at 25 so long as Jared Verse isn't still on the board. I also like that you drafted Oladapo in the 5th here; he's a sleeper in this draft as a SS/LB hybrid. The 40 time and the lack of 3-cone time is concerning, but his football IQ and situational awareness more than make up for the lack of desired numbers - perhaps he can be what we hoped Tariq Carpenter could have been.
  4. Cwmfelinfach Pungent Pandas Favorite Pick: 2.12 Ladd McConkey WR UGA Homer selection here, it’s he or Alt but McConkey is my guy. This is even higher than I had him on my board (34) but I like the fit with the Hill and Higgins duo. I also think he probably lands in an ideal situation that allows for him to contribute sooner rather than later. Least Favorite Pick: 4.14 Xavier Legette WR South Carolina The value is good for where he was picked based on consensus but I am just not a big fan. Jonathan Mingo is what I see but he could have a higher ceiling. Just doesn’t tickle my fancy. Player I am higher on than the consensus: N/A they literally took every player higher than I had them ranked. But based on consensus things I’ve heard I guess Ladd fits here. But many were close in value. Player I am lower on than the consensus: 4.5 Mike Sainristil CB Michigan I know plenty who loved this player and were planning on picking him near this range. I like him just didn’t love him. @TL-TwoWinsAway
  5. imagine how close the game would be if synder had the fortitude to do what willie green did last night and bench trae youngs ***
  6. Cuba Snuggies Favorite Pick: 5.14 Jeremiah Trotter LB Clemson I am a Trotter fan. I think he’s a modern linebacker with nfl bloodlines who can be a starter and impact level player at the second level Least Favorite Pick: 7.14 Jacob Cowing WR Arizona I have receivers more highly ranked that were still available. I see the potential but I am just not big on the tiny guys. Frogs may drop the Tank Dell thing but I see two players that aren’t similar outside to size. Player I am higher on than the consensus: 5.14 Jeremiah Trotter LB Clemson Limited class means I have to come back to repeat selections here. I had Trotter at 59 overall. Player I am lower on than the consensus: 7.10 Jarrian Jones CB FSU I didn’t have Jones ranked on my board but again my board wasn’t very big this year. I didn’t do much film dive on this player and I trust Frogs on his own guys but I just didn’t have him ranked. @MD4L
  7. I mean yeah, that's what i was saying. I don't actually buy that Alt at RT is going to be as easy slam dunk as you do, but he's the epitome of a plug 'n play LT. Fuaga is plug 'n play as a RT. Don't know if he's a guy who will ever be an NFL LT though. Nothing wrong with just getting a top end RT though and i'd imagine the team that drafts him will probably just leave him there. But that was my point. They're both in a completely different world from Guyton and Mims. Maybe Mims is a bit closer, but the readiness and refinement gap between those two is a lot smaller than the gap from those two "projects" to Alt and Fuaga. So i'd call both Guyton and Mims (and Kinglsey) "project" OTs. I think this is the thing with Mims. He "moves well for his size"...for somebody that huge. But in a general sense, Guyton moves far more easily and naturally, and is still very far from a small human himself. As far the other point, again...that's my point. Mims "excuse" for being so raw with so little starting experience is basically..."he gets hurt a lot". Which is a red flag in it's own right. Compared to Guyton where it's like, "well...he made a total position switch". And if i'm an NFL team looking at that team/system he's in...there's enough to work with there that if i trust my OLine coaching, i'd honestly just prefer to get him into my own program and learning "the right way" sooner, rather than later spending another year in college (pun intended i guess). Different evaluators and teams are going to look at those things differently. But for me, i have less reservations about why Guyton is so inexperienced/raw. I think that's also probably the way a lot of NFL evaluators will lean. Whether that's hubris about their own ability to "mold" a guy...overestimating Mims injury risk, only time will really tell. But i think that's why, as questioned...Guyton tends to be seen pretty firmly as a solid first rounder. But I still see Mims discussed in very much the same ballpark and wouldn't be surprised to see him go before Guyton either. I think in some ways, you might be right. But it's a question of athletic and upside limitations over "polish" in a lot of cases. Patrick Paul might be a little bit more ready to step in immediately, but he's going to get his doors beat in by all sorts of NFL caliber pass rushers. That's not going to get a lot better with time. Whereas Guyton may be "raw" but he's still got the athleticism, movement, and functional strength to help tread water while his technique develops. And has the potential to actually develop into top level OT, rather than a guy who is just barely hanging on at best. Blake Fisher is a guy i like worlds more than Paul too. He's another really easy mover with light feet and a lot of that athletic upside. Another "project" of sorts, less raw than Guyton maybe but again...he's got more experience and is still having issues at a school that clearly knows how to produce polished OLinemen. That's not ideal. Sometimes being less far down that road is advantageous. His stuff is more that he has a tendency to play a little bit out of control at times though. Which makes his balance look a bit shaky when he gets to reaching and lunging and caught off guard by things. But unlike Paul, Fisher actually shows a ton of tape where he's more focused and in control and looks very fluid and powerful as an athlete who commands strong leverage. And just moves like a completely different caliber of athlete. I like him a lot as an earlier Day2 guy - over Kingsley as well. These guys are all going to be asked to start very early, if not immediately though, if they're being taken in the 1st round. The Jets are maybe the exception if they draft an OT...but with Tyron's deteriorating durability, they'll probably be at least spot starting soon enough. When you grab a guy Day2, the pressure to start lessens a bit. Day3 there's virtually none. But Guyton and Mims would be shocking if they weren't grabbed in the 1st and Morgan also has an outside chance as well. I think this is a fair perspective. Personally i think Guyton's more easy natural movement gives him the bigger "upside". But i can totally understand where people are coming from on Mims as well. He's a big powerful man who shows solid movement that is "good for his size". If you really believe in his ability to stay more healthy, and/or you just value a different set of traits more, it's very reasonable. And i think that's where a lot of teams will probably be split on them...and probably others in the mix as well. Where Fautanu slots in (some teams won't even see him as a Tackle) and JC Latham is in the mix too, if you just want an extremely powerful mauler who has the polish to understand that's what he is. Just gets even more about preference and what you're looking for as you get further in to Day2 and on.
  8. I don't like that you went back-to-back RB's in a draft that's historically deep at OL; I'd draft 4 in this scenario. I also think many of your picks are much earlier than the players will go except for maybe Cole Bishop. Suamataia is a HUGE reach at 25. That said, Cooper is a bit early at 41, but we may reach on him at 25 to satisfy Hafley and I'm confident he can work out in Hafley's scheme so the pick would be justified there; hell you could switch your first two picks around and it would make more sense. Carter's a Day 3 guy as well as he's crap against the run. I really like the direction you took with this draft, however, especially what you did Day 2 outside of the Carter pick.
  9. Not so fast there Vegas. Those are late round picks. Dallas picks will be in the 20's in each round. Plus we are trading him to a team we will likely face in the playoffs. Further we have no one to replace him this year. We aren't going to find another KC in the draft. Gute would probably take the offer but it would hurt the team. Most likely result is KC gets a rare 3rd contract in GB and it's gonna cost. He's a hell of a player. Guys that can play the run and rush the passer don't grow on trees.
  10. Bulls gonna **** around and lose this game and we’re gonna have to watch the Hawks in the playoffs
  11. Yeah, I wanted no part on half those guys, mainly Kenneth Murray. A bunch of us were wrong on Burks though.
  12. I got that nanna was trying to say that The NFL's new generation of ex-player commentators embarrasses The NFL as the League as a whole, by demeaning our team unreasonably for their own agenda, rather than embarrassing Vikings' fans. From nanna's wording, I assume that he, or she is not a native English speaker.
  13. With a little over a week to go the favorite to be the Bears pick at #9 is Odunze. Not altogether unexpected huh? They key is the trade Minny makes to get their QB. AZ is who they target but should AZ say no I think we know they'll also hit up LAC and NYG. One way or another they're gonna get there and no matter where they do the odds favor a WR at #9 still on the board.
  14. It seems we definitely haven’t talked enough about Trevon Wallace. Brugler has him as LB3. Cowboys 30 visit. I’ve not watched him yet, but that’s all I need to know he’s an option at #56.
  15. The availability of Odunze at #9 hinges largely on AZ trading #4 to Minny so they can draft their QB. Then according to some like Dane Brugler AZ trades back into play with LAC at #5 and drafts MHJr. If that doesn't happen I would assume LAC would take MHJr or Malik Nabers. The NYG take the other WR of those two or AZ tries to trade with them and Odunze falls to #9 after Tenn takes an OT and ATL takes a DE. If AZ won't trade I think we know Minny will hit on both LAC and NYG to assure themselves of getting their QB. I don't think there's any way Minny won't trade up to get a QB. If that happens it's pretty certain Odunze will be on the board at #9. Some believe it will be Nabers who falls to #9 but I haven't seen even one who believes MHJr will fall to #9. We also know that AZ seems to want him badly.
  16. Cancun Kilowatts Favorite Pick: 2.4 Jackson Powers Johnson C Oregon Those that spoke pre draft with me knew I loved JPJ. I had him 22nd on my board. Really like the versatility inside for Cancun. I know some made comments about center only but I see him as a possible guard as well with his size and experience there. I don’t see him busting and think he will be one of those 10 plus year starters inside. Least Favorite Pick: 4.15 Maason Smith INT LSU I think this is worth the upside gamble at this range but I just wasn’t a fan of the tape. Inconsistent and never took over games like I expected he would with the hype coming into the year. There’s a chance he continues to develop with better coaching at the next level. Not that it matters in the evaluation but really weird 8.5” hands for the size of the human. Player I am higher on than the consensus: 7.4 Mohamed Kamara Edge CSU He is older as a prospect but he is such a bull and I had him as the 69th player on my board. I liked Blue’s Shaq Barrett comparison and they also hail from the same college. I think he can be someone who brings a nice pass rush rotation early. Player I am lower on than the consensus: 5.13 Khyree Jackson CB Oregon And I say this because I knew a couple people who were pretty high on Jackson. I like the game but he is an older prospect which is ironic because I had Kamara up at 69 but I just don’t care for older off ball players other than QBs. I think he could provide some early contributions though and that’s what you should expect from a late 5th in BDL @Blue @MWil23
  17. I love the success rate question: Who I wanted ahead of draft, at Vikings picks: 2023 - Addison 2022 - Davis / Hamilton 2021 - Darrisaw / Slater 2020 - Jefferson / Gross-Matos 2019 - Dillard 2018 - Can’t remember, pick was late, correct answer would Be Lamar Jax
  18. I know you didn’t watch any of his games and even if you did, maybe you were just too oblivious to notice his good play. Here, watch this.
  19. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116920-nfl-draft-rumors-commanders-still-get-trade-calls-amid-jayden-daniels-maye-buzz @MKnight82 still getting trade calls. No clue what they do with it, but at the very least the rest of the league thinks its worth making the call still.
  20. We look like a real team. Let's hope our buffoon of a coach has them playing like one.
  1. Load more activity