All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Longtime Cowboys fan. Moved to the Houston area four years ago and have developed a soft spot for the team. The last two years or so I've had a hard time supporting the Cowboys with the way the Jones's have run the franchise, and after this offseason and their clear intent to run it into the ground, I think I'm finally washing my hands as a Dallas fan. So Houston, here I am. @ET80 when do I get my gold pants?
  3. Retroactively giving us Turner after they decide Falcons didn’t deserve 8th pick
  4. It wasn't in reference to them as players, it was in reference to how the pre-draft build up played out.
  5. As far as trading up, I would trade up a few spots for DeJean but I am counteracting the loss of draft picks with a trade down from 41. Even without the trade up, I love the idea above of trading down from 41 and moving up one or both of the third round picks. Would be able to package the 4th round pick we gain with 88 or 91 to move up and get somebody. As for trading down from 25, I think that we will have potential trade partners due to a falling receiver or one of the athletic tackles. Again, gives you tons of ammo to move up in day three to get the guys you want - and there seem to be plenty of options in that range.
  6. This one might be over quickly, we might get 3 picks started in one day. I agree, this is a slam dunk choice.
  7. IMO, I’m hoping for #1 (only cause I’m being pessimistic and don’t see #3 happening). What I think is most likely is that we stay at #13 and take Penix. Note: this not what I want.
  8. Not surprising at all. You look at the athleticism and tools, that's a clear Day 1 prospect. You put on the tape, he's a clear day 2 prospect.
  9. However, another team’s GM said he believes the 49ers might ultimately accept a second-round selection. Such a deal might become more enticing to Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan if that pick were near the start of the second round and packaged with another selection — say, a 2025 third-rounder.
  10. Anything’s possible. As the San Francisco 49ers prepare for a pivotal draft that dovetails with the final stages of their perceived championship window — and attempt to navigate a contract staredown with second-team All-Pro wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk — there are many scenarios in play, and some of them are reasonably juicy. Based on what I’m hearing from knowledgeable sources inside the building, and from high-ranking personnel executives and coaches around the league, don’t rule out a deal that would send Brock Purdy’s favorite target to another team. Could Aiyuk, 26, be traded before or after a potential replacement is drafted? We may not have clarity until the 49ers are on the clock in the first round Thursday night, or even the following day. During Monday’s pre-draft news conference at Levi’s Stadium, general manager John Lynch said he “wouldn’t anticipate” such a move, but he was hardly unequivocal. All I know is that as of Monday night, when I posed the question to a 49ers source with direct knowledge of the team’s plans, the words I kept hearing were “anything’s possible.” Earlier, I spoke to another team’s general manager who insisted that, because the 49ers and Aiyuk are far apart on negotiations for a lucrative contract extension, the fifth-year receiver is “very much in play.” During the first week of April, the 49ers — through a back-channel confidant — reached out to at least one GM to gauge his interest in trading for Aiyuk. The GM in question chose not to engage, partly because this is considered a receiver-rich draft. There is a sense among other high-ranking personnel executives around the league that Aiyuk, as one such executive put it, “is available for the right price.” To this point, the 49ers have asked for a 2024 first-round pick. “They want too much,” said the executive, whose team is in the market for a receiver. However, the 49ers may decide that such a scenario would be detrimental to team chemistry and choose to spare themselves the drama. It will likely come down to what they get offered for Aiyuk over the next few days, and whom they might be able to draft as a replacement. For now, the 49ers are still working through their various options. I’m told they have pondered trading up in the first round, trading out of it entirely or standing pat. If they remain at No. 31, finding a player who could instantly upgrade their secondary or provide competition at right tackle would be the priority, though that could change if someone at another position was believed to be the best player available. In other words: Anything’s possible. -Mike Silver
  11. If you go off of her Coachella sets (and I think the baseline for who people can expect the Super Bowl to try and go after for performers are Coachella headliners), she has a strong track record of bringing other popular artists with her for collabs. So that gives the Super Bowl access to Nicki Minaj, Beiber, and Drake (who I think the is the other get that's high on the NFL's list).
  12. https://theathletic.com/5429595/2024/04/23/jj-mccarthy-nfl-draft-prospect-hockey-history/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twhq&source=twitterhq
  13. Scares me some, too, if looking at him in the 1st. If he falls to 51, then okay, I can live with that. Essentially, it depends on where either are drafted. If Pearsall or Leggette are selected in the 2nd, then that's not so worrisome...but 1st Rd?? And yeah, I know, Mims only started 8 games, but he's a physical freak of nature, and young, at just 21.5 YO--not the case with Leggette or Pearsall, being 23...
  14. Both my kids were born the week of the draft. Watched from the hospital and depending on how the days fall each year, their birthdays (and parties) eventually line up with the draft. Both kids were my #1 draft picks!
  15. Seems like Rap is indicating that it's in Aiyuk's court on whether he'd be willing to do a little bit of a hometown discount to stay, or just get full maximum value?
  16. I still think it’s certainly on the table.
  17. This is what is big for me. Hes still learning and I feel like once he gets the football savvy down, he will be a pain to every OT. And I think the age stuff is completely overblown. Hes 23, not 26. Most of the guys drafted barely make it 4 years much less talking about ten years down the line. If we would get 8 great years out of a pick, why would it matter if they are 29 in their last year or 32?
  18. Okay, a little 'connecting the dots' here, that's leading me to ask here, is how RB Will Shipley might fit into Arthur Smith's offense?? Smith attended the Clemson Pro Day, with Shipley being the only draftable-graded offensive player for Clemson coming into this year's draft. Tomlin also met with Shipley at the Combine. Now, they also have a Center in Will Putnam (started last 2 seasons at Center, 2 previous seasons at RG), who was one of the 4 players (along with Will Shipley, as well), who were invited to dinner the night before the Pro Day. The other two being Wiggins and Trotter, but they are obviously Defensive players... Now, I know that doesn't mean that any of them will be drafted, but pretty interesting, nonetheless, especially considering that Arthur Smith only went to a handful of Pro Days, and either he, or Tomlin, felt it important enough to attend... ...Of course, then there are smokescreens, but Will Putnam is not likely high on anyone's draft board, which leaves, well, Shipley... Thoughts??
  1. Load more activity