All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Car Thread

You're right, that black oil doesn't mean squat. My car will blacken oil in a week basically. That doesn't mean a lot, especially with turbocharged engines and modern emissions and venting systems. Some engines are just really bad in that regard, but thrive just fine with longer change intervals anyway. But particulates aren't always caught by a filter unless there's something seriously wrong (which is part of the point of an early first oil interval - you can catch a "lemon" motor early). Even healthy brand new engines do tend to contribute much smaller "microscopic" metallic particulates. Which is fine and normal...but can potentially contribute to degradation of the oil itself via shearing and a breakdown of integrity. Which is why first oil change intervals are often shortened beyond the "typical" life of that oil. Tolerances aren't like "the olden days" , but break-in can still be a thing. It depends on the motor, but the idea of "special magic break-in oil" is basically an old wives tale as well. There's absolutely no harm in getting that original oil out after 4-5k kms like the question was suggesting. In most cases, the only "special" thing about that break-in oil...is that it's been "contaminated" with all the various zinc and molybdenum rich compounds they've lubricated all the various components with while installing them. 4-5 thousand kms into that motors life, you're basically just recirculating all those various particulates. There's no compelling reason i can think of, *not to* change the oil at that point. I mean, even if that's not on the mileage schedule and there is no "break in" shortened interval on the actual service schedule for that particular car...a 2018 vehicle bought 4 months ago...that oil has been in there for a year now. Really not a bad idea to swap it out. Unless we're buying into the idea of that magic super precious special break-in oil or something.
  3. NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

No. I did not. I said the Packers wouldn't be facing the Joe Webb and Lamar Jackson's of the world. That's a fact. Unless you truly believe that Mitch Trubisky is the same kind of runner of those two, that's a true statement. And if you think he's the same kind of threat with the ball in his hands as those two, then that's where we're going to have to agree to disagree. And your extrapolation also fails because you don't take into account the fact that Tru had nearly doubled the amount of snaps. The fact is that Lamar Jackson running the ball is a staple of the Ravens' offense. It's a part of the Bears' offense for Tru, but not a main part of the offense. Either way, this whole discussion is getting further and further from what the original topic was which was that the Packers weren't going to be facing the Lamar Jackson and Joe Webb's of the world.
  4. NFL All-Time Team

ESPN put out this list today: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27321515/tom-brady-joe-montana-choosing-nfl-greatest-ever-position What changes would you make? For me: Randy Moss over Don Hutson I have always considered Jim Parker's natural position to be tackle than guard, Larry Allen would have been a better selection I've kind always considered Merlin Olsen as the guy that opened up things for Deacon Jones, Alan Page or Bob Lilly would be a way better selection in my opinion Leaving the best CB of all-time Night Train Lane off the list should be a crime Give me Ed Reed over Ken Houston all day every day
  5. The offseason DL thread

Nobody wanted to give a pick because: Foot may still be an issue, he's going to be released anyway, lots of chatter/interest in lots of players (who knows), starting to show his age. Any or all of these could be why.
  6. Browns sign Braxton Miller

Maybe they want him as a return guy?
  7. This Aint Packers Talk v69

Adding more turbines is just dropping a ball down the stairs. The overall energy output to fall all the way down the stairs, regardless of how many steps (number of turbines) it hits on the way down is still equal to the amount required to carry it back up (pump) to the top of the stairs. The ball will never expend more energy falling a total distance it needs to again climb.
  8. Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

Question on your thoughts regarding keepers. In my league you lose the round the player was drafted the first year you keep them, then it bumps two rounds the second year. Players can only be kept two years and you can't keep two players at the same position. Who would you select out of these in a 16 team league? Sony Michel (6th round pick, could keep next year for a 4th) Marlon Mack (14th round pick, could keep next year for a 12th) Julian Edelman (9th round pick, can't keep next year) Curtis Samuel (14th round pick, could keep for a 12th next year)
  9. 2019 WR Corps

Guess: Adams Geronimo MVS Kumerow EG Lazard KR/WR Shep
  10. Browns sign Braxton Miller

He will get cut for sure. WR, especially slot, is loaded. Unless he's a true difference maker ala Duke out of the backfield and slot in mismatch situations as a hybrid RB/WR, he won't make the team. I'm the biggest Braxton fan on the planet and will always be thankful for what he did at OSU. If he doesn't get injured, his college/NFL careers probably have different arcs, but injuries took their toll, and that's an unfortunate reality.
  11. Random Packer News & Notes

I'll agree with you on A, but don't be surprised if B is a reality. The one ability Martinez has that Smith doesn't is AVAILability. On an annually beat up defense, Martinez has missed very little time and doesn't have the major injury that Smith once had. I do think there will be an immense overhaul and Martinez will be the investment at the position with other players flanking him. I could also see a bigger Safety drafted for a hybrid role to try to find the player we had hoped Burks could be.
  12. The Car Thread

I use synthetic and change it every 5k. Overkill? I don’t care know.
  13. True but w wildcard in Cleveland excited me. Last time it happen, the stadium was crazy. This time around this is a better team to handle that pressure
  14. 2019 Hard Knocks: Oakland Raiders

They've already said most of the starters won't be playing.
  15. 2019 WR Corps

Agree on keeping Shepherd. For me personally, he'd be a lock at this point for the 6 spot. If we keep a No. 7, I'm leaning Davis over both Lazard and Moore. Davis may seem a bit redundant with Shepherd on the team, but he still offers a lot of ST play (good gunner) and his speed, if used right, could be an asset on offensive. I could even see weeks where the Packers activate him instead of Shepherd or vice versa.
  16. Preseason Thread

I think most people who are more than casual NFL fans are starting to pick up on Taysom. Tons of people were talking about him on Reddit the other day. He’s one of my dads favorite players, and he’s a Seahawks fan
  17. Patriots WR Josh Gordon reinstated

Yeah but for Dude on his 6th strike...
  18. No, I’m not underrating the importance of foreign markets. Foreign markets are a studio’s guarantee that they will get their money back. Domestic is where they profit. If you had a chance to make 100 dollars in profit in two years for a 200 dollar investment where you might lose 50 dollars, you would not make that investment. Same concept with studios. They’re not throwing 200 million dollars for a 100 million dollar profit.
  19. You Are Wrong About Lamar Jackson - Warren Sharp

Really? During those first few years people said Wilson was overrated because of his defense and run game. It wasn't until Marshawn left and Wilson became literally the entire offense that people started actually recognizing him for the player he always was. Now, as for Lamar Jackson, look here we already have one person making a conclusion on Lamar Jackson based off of his rookie year and deciding that Lamar is not a passer. Man, isn't that just weird?
  20. 2019 WR Corps

Agree, but why spend so much effort on a RS when the position is being phased out by new league rules and various teams opting for the touchback(which is possibly why Ficken was brought in).
  21. Preseason Game 2 - KC @ PIT

I think you were right in the first place. Allen has played Center in a pinch as an injury sub. But it wasn't for long. He's best at Guard. https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/07/13/jeff-allen-remains-versatile-free-agent-offensive-line-option/
  22. Oh yeah, it was my wild speculation, but it was funny to think about for a moment and talk over with co-workers.
  23. Preseason Thread

I agree with all 3 lines. I'm not going to get into line 1 too much because, like you said, it keeps it alive, and I'm tired of it. Cam is a great player, right up until he's not. The "until he's not" part happens every season, which makes him unreliable, therefore, not top tier. I know the reason I give Hill some love over Cam is because we expect it from Cam as a marque guy. Most of us are still in the "Who's Taysom Hill" category, unless you're a Saints fan. Then you know.
  24. NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Depends on Mayfield. Is he a future top 5 QB or just another Matthew Stafford type. Cleveland has a lot of talent so I understand the excitement. This is probably the most talented Browns team since the expansion team returned. And it instead of talking about their QB being a bust, for the first time, they are talking about how great the QB could be.
  25. No. Lol. Sony’s stock took a hit immediately after this story broke.
  26. Preseason Thread

I remember when Vaccaro got a little short with a reporter for making comments about Andrew Luck’s “sneaky” athleticism. Vaccaro called out the reporter and said something to the effect of: “We’ve seen him play every week for the last 5 years. His athleticism isn’t sneaky, you just think it is because he’s white.”
  1. Load more activity