All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. https://x.com/gmfb/status/1773326335986810960?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og This segment on gmfb got me fired up
  3. Goodell had a blurb confirming the teams playing on Christmas will play on Saturday the week prior. So it will be a Sat-Wed turn around for the Xmas games, rather than the typical Sun-Thu. The big difference being the Wed game will come after a Sat game, so two consecutive short weeks for the teams playing on Xmas.
  4. Yea, that's what makes their FA approach so hard to swallow. There wasn't a FA out there that I was absolutely in love with, or felt could completely save this roster, but by not adding at least one noteworthy upgrade at a position of need they've completely tied the success of this off-season to the draft. It's completely possible that they'll come into next off-season needing to fill the exact same holes that had going into this offseason. I don't think that this will be a completely botched draft, but they've kind of put themselves in a situation where they have to hit on their first 3 rounds of picks for any real improvement to be made. Hitting on your first 3 picks of any draft is unbelievably difficult to do no matter who you are.
  5. Largely, yeah. Minus Goff. Stroud’s weapons are pretty good, but coming into the season I don’t think most people felt they were all that great. I don’t believe NE is going to be particularly excellent in either department, but I don’t think they’re far off from being average to above average either, barring health. If NE signs a solid tackle or drafts one, is the OL that bad? Andrews is still good. Big Mike’s been solid at RT. I don’t think Sow or Strange are world beaters, but I don’t view them as horrendous either. Same goes for the WR room, with one strong WR then Henry/Bourne/Douglas don’t look all that bad. Again, not great by any means, but not bottom tier anymore. Think it’ll have a lot more to do with the OC than the weapons, tbh. But larger point is that, if you look at the rest of the first round busts, how many do we look at and say “if they had better weapons or protection as QBs, they’d be franchise QBs today?” I’m not saying there’d definitively be 0, but I’m not chomping at the bit to say Daniel Jones or Josh Rosen or Mitch Trubisky would’ve been guys you really like at QB if they had only had better players around them as rookies. The idea of ruining QBs with a rough rookie season, to me, is an overspoken one.
  6. Yea, that's what makes their FA approach so hard to swallow. There wasn't a FA out there that I was absolutely in love with, or felt could completely save this roster, but by not adding at least one noteworthy upgrade at a position of need they've completely tied the success of this off-season to the draft. It's completely possible that they'll come into next off-season needing to fill the exact same holes that had going into this offseason. I don't think that this will be a completely botched draft, but they've kind of put themselves in a situation where they have to hit on their first 3 rounds of picks for any real improvement to be made. Hitting on your first 3 picks of any draft is unbelievably difficult to do no matter who you are.
  7. Yea, that's what makes their FA approach so hard to swallow. There wasn't a FA out there that I was absolutely in love with, or felt could completely save this roster, but by not adding at least one noteworthy upgrade at a position of need they've completely tied the success of this off-season to the draft. It's completely possible that they'll come into next off-season needing to fill the exact same holes that had going into this offseason. I don't think that this will be a completely botched draft, but they've kind of put themselves in a situation where they have to hit on their first 3 rounds of picks for any real improvement to be made. Hitting on your first 3 picks of any draft is unbelievably difficult to do no matter who you are.
  8. A one year deal with Washington to see if there is anything left in the tank might make sense. If we don't do anything early at WR in the draft, I like the 1 year deal here too.
  9. Agree, it is too much to move up and why not just wait and see what happens. If they did not have Darnold it would be another issue but they do, so not like they need to find a QB or die as an organization or something. Totally agree, Jayden Daniels honestly had a pretty solid pro day workout throwing, it is so easy for him and effortless. Even scrambling and running the football, it does not take much for him to do and he is always calm and under control. I would be shocked if Washington does not take him, especially with Howell being traded away. No way any QB goes ahead of him outside of Caleb Williams. Daniels is just too promising, and it is not like he was only good on LSU, he put ASU back on the map those few years and was great for them as well, in increase in talent around him offensively helped no question. LSU has two OTs who could both be 1st round picks next year and two WRs who might end up being 1st round picks this year. Agreed Penix Jr can spin the thing, has huge hands, really controls the football and can put the football where he wants it. If he did not have the injury issues he probably would be the 3rd QB taken but the injury stuff is a concern and can scare some off. With Penix and Nix they are both good enough right now they would compete for the starting job against Darnold, if they take McCarthy or Maye I really doubt they would compete or win the job against Darnold especially early on.
  10. Even moreso when said cathcer is about to turn 30 and has seen is OPS steadily decline over the last (3) years straight.
  11. It’s not as glamorous as it seems from the outside.
  12. Fully agreed I would like some way of adding genuine starting talent in this draft though. We need a draft like no other
  13. 80% chance he ultimately does close to nothing. But I'd say there's a 20% chance he and Dave Toub come up with some seriously cool kickoff return plays (made possible by the new kickoff rule) that take advantage of his skillset and he carves out a niche as a new age kick returner.
  14. I'm a Pitt fan. I hope we draft another one of their guys (To me, Jordan Addison will always be a Pitt Panther. I disregard his last year at USC lol)
  15. Nah. Pro Bowl, sure, and I'm not denying that occasionally someone might slip through on AllPro but it's FAR more selective
  16. We don't but you don't pass on QB because of those missing pieces. If you think you have something in one of these prospects you have to take him. If you think the rest of the roster is perhaps a detriment to the kids development then don't be afraid to sit the kid. I think sitting a young QB is such an underrated move. I'd love to see the success rates of 1st round QBs who sat a year vs those who didn't. If the Pat's are smart, they should know that there's no reason to rush a potential franchise guy just to squeeze whatever they can out this season. This team has a ways to go before it's really ready to compete.
  17. EASTERN TIME Team Genenal Manager Round Pick Overall Date Start Time End Time OTC AZ @LuckyNumber11 5 3 138 March 28 12:40 PM 1:20 PM Next 5 up WAS @MKnight82 5 4 139 March 28 1:20 PM 2:00 PM LAC @whodatOL 5 5 140 March 28 2:00 PM 2:40 PM CAR @Outlaw 5 6 141 March 28 2:40 PM 3:20 PM CAR @Outlaw 5 7 142 March 28 3:20 PM 4:00 PM ATL @ovfd55 5 8 143 March 28 4:00 PM 4:40 PM
  18. We don't but you don't pass on QB because of those missing pieces. If you think you have something in one of these prospects you have to take him. If you think the rest of the roster is perhaps a detriment to the kids development then don't be afraid to sit the kid. I think sitting a young QB is such an underrated move. I'd love to see the success rates of 1st round QBs who sat a year vs those who didn't. If the Pat's are smart, they should know that there's no reason to rush a potential franchise guy just to squeeze whatever they can out this season. This team has a ways to go before it's really ready to compete.
  19. They already have CJGJ, Reed, and will be getting Brown back at some point. I have a hard time believing that the Eagles would use a premium asset on a position they've already dumped significant long term resources into. WR is a bigger need. Outside CB is a bigger need. Hell even a defensive lineman are all bigger needs at this juncture based on the earlier picks at this point. Even TE is arguably a bigger need here.
  20. He was off my board. Small, not a great athlete with zero pass protection skills and little patience as a runner
  21. @jebrick Top 3 OTs and top 3 DBs available?
  22. Are you referring to Penix? Because that’s whose age worries me some. Or are you saying you see Brees on Nix?
  23. Not because of anything in this country is again wrong though. The current TV deals say a lot, but this article tells the story https://www.sportspromedia.com/insights/analysis/nba-media-rights-explainer-tnt-espn-nbc-netflix-amazon-apple-streaming/ The NBA is behind the NFL, obviously - but it's easily the second most popular league in the U.S. and easily the most challenging basketball league in the world (hence those players coming here to play in it). It's a popular sport/league that a lot of people enjoy and is continuing to grow and gain popularity, but obviously not for everyone.
  1. Load more activity