All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Daniels has been good at RG, so just get Frazier for C and be set for the next decade, done and move on to other areas of need 1. Fuatanu 2. Frazier thats what I am hoping
  3. Danna: This was pre-Back with the Chiefs Mike Danna. Gilmore: I'm farm from the only one that has predicted Gilmore to the Lions. He fits the scheme, we have the cap space and his brother is on the roster. https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/stephon-gilmore-predicted-lions-biggest-signing https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lions/lions-landing-spot-stephon-gilmore/ https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/lions-stephon-gilmore-nfl-free-agency/ee22af86a70ec47f2e820bd6 Robinson and Kneeland aren't the same player at all. Robinson would be the heir apparent to John Cominsky and take a bunch of his snaps. Kneeland would be a blend of Paschal and Charles Harris. He's a lot lighter than Robinson (288 vs 267) and played a ton of snaps standing up as opposed to putting his hand in the dirt. Kneeland is much closer to Davenport and what he offers, which is on a 1 year deal. There are question marks on this edge class. I don't know if we're going to find a Nightwing to Hutchinson's Batman but we could find a couple Robin's with some upside to provide him and Alim more support. I think Chop is going to be an absolute bust. Sack production (or lack of) tends to follow guys into the league. He's super athletic but unproductive and he's undersized for a significant/every down role. He doesn't have the size to play the Paschal role. So he then becomes a situational rusher on passing downs.
  4. It’s not his fault the official didn’t make a blatant call
  5. Also, sorry for the double post, but Chicago played him there over 2 (?) staffs, so that would make 3 staffs making a positional mistake.
  6. I was watching a little bit of Tahj Washington and went in expecting to be underwhelmed considering his lack of size and his pedestrian workout numbers but I came away fairly impressed. I don't think he will be a star by any means but he seems to have quality hands, is a competent route runner, and seems to have a solid understanding of spacing and how to work through coverage. I was also pleasantly surprised by his blocking, again considering his size. He will get pushed around at times but did show an aggressiveness and tenacity in sustaining blocks. He doesn't strike me as explosive with the ball in his hands but seems smooth and shifty after the catch. He strikes me as the type of prospect that could turn into a QBs best friend when the play breaks down by knowing when to stay on his route but knowing when to break structure to help his QB and get in a position as a backyard football target. Is he one of those sneaky mid-round WR prospects that just understands the nuances of the position and ends up having a solid career despite a lack of measureables or high end traits?
  7. It is harder but again, Dodson started fine at LG. He was not healthy. Green being better in Houston is a bit misleading. He was making mistakes at the same rate. Starting a few games and Houston winning masked the fact he wasn’t good. Based on what’s been out there Chucks issue is work ethic and willingness to do stuff. He does not like to run block at all. You can see it on tape. I believe if there was really something there he would have gotten more than he did. I mean, he got less than the oft injured RT they let walk. IIRC if Chucks plays LT he’ll be like the 45th paid one. Lol
  8. I mean he could, but Jurgens was chosen to be a center. Kelce had input on that selection actually. And yeah Steen didn't look great but all things considered I don't think anybody was surprised by that. Jurgens was okay at guard last year, but in my opinion that has no bearing on his outlook at center. As a matter of fact he looked incredible in pre season reps at center. Take that with a grain of salt but he looked like a difference maker. I'm okay with taking OL whenever, especially after round 1. But to take a pure center using the rationale of him replacing Kelce, when Kelce's hand picked replacement is right here, is a very poor use of a valuable resource.
  9. inb4 we actually do some mega trade with New England to get MHJ and everyone's mad that we "lost" the trade
  10. Absolutely not. That's the move you make when you're Washington or Minnesota and have a first rounder to spare. It would be 2027 before we had a 1st round pick again, and we have 1st round needs looming to stay competitive. Yay, we'd have Maye or Daniels. But like we've historically done, we'd just put them on a mediocre team guaranteed to get worse before it gets better.
  11. I wouldn't expect much until the day before
  12. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/washington-owner-josh-harris-is-more-involved-than-expected Mike Florio still hates Washington. He is insinuating that Harris is dictating which QB to select and I truly do not believe that is the case. There was the report about Harris being included in combine interviews, but I think Florio is still thinking of this as Dan Snyder's Redskins with this article. I trust that the F.O. and staff that is in place are the ones doing the deciding and dislike that an article like this is circulating.
  13. He had one of my favorite interviews. Grew up with his grandparents, up at 5.am everyday, doesn't drink, awesome kid. Hes also a year and a half younger than Mitchell and I think has better agility and redirection. Mitchell has better long speed. Both will be very good imo.
  14. https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1781362672103010520?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og Aiyuk hinting that he will be traded on draft night.
  15. The Rams were missing kupp, missing kyren, Stafford himself was banged up... That probably impacts the consistency. Mike Sando wrote about him being an MVP candidate, he's not a Rams beat writer. When they were all healthy (which was a small sample, yes) it was arguably the best passing offense in the league. He shredded defenses like the Ravens and browns. I just don't know how the take is that Stafford is "washed" even if you don't think he's the best QB in the NFC
  16. Trying to steal that shade of blue from the Titans/Oilers also lol @clarifying that is the owner and not some hip cool fan or professional model
  17. The more I do 'this' (armchair team building), the more I think hypothetical 'neutral'/'universal' debates are of marginal value. The situation, league meta, free agency, the actual prospects available, surplus value etc... are just too important. In a vaccuum, we understand that WR and OT are probably pretty close to value and among the most important non-QB positions and thus all of the other factors are much more relevant than the hypothetical, minor differences. It feels more sophisticated to look at it broadly and philosophically, but I think its actually more sophisticated to approach it with full, relevant context.
  18. His stock is all over the place. I see a mock with him going in the 3rd, then the next he’s a 1st.
  19. It's going to come from different measurables - could be 40 time, 3 Cone, Shuttle, etc. They will say it's by %
  20. I'm actually starting to be ok with Michael Hall at #31. His interior pass rush is monstrous. He completely wrecked Michigans oline. And are we sure he can't play DE on some downs? He's 6-3, long arms, twitchy as hell, and ran a 4.7 lol. Moves like a DE to me. Guy is only 20, if he can't stop the run I'm sure he can learn.
  21. Atlanta Falcons 8: ED - Dallas Turner - ALABAMA 43: CB - T.J. Tampa - IOWA STATE 74: ED - Jonah Elliss - UTAH 79: WR - Jermaine Burton - ALABAMA 109: CB - Caelen Carson - WAKE 143: iOL - Tanor Bortolini - WISCONSIN 187: RB - Cody Schrader - MISSOURI 197: TE - AJ Barner - MICHIGAN Some good some bad for the Falcons 2 of hte players in there i really like for the Falcons in Turner and Ellis. A few of the positions in there i really like for the Falcons in Edge, WR, and 1 CB. But in general outside of 2 players which are the 2 edges im not a fan of this draft. I don't like either of the CB's you gave us in the rounds we got them. Im not a fan of Burton at WR compared to like 15 other WR's in this draft lol. Also you completely forgot 2 of our most major needs in the draft and by double dipping didn't pick a player for them at all in SS and Nose Tackle. It was a really good effort and i appreciate the 7 round mock but not great for the Falcons overall i would say C+ to B- ? I'll show you how i would have went at each pick with who was available and our needs. 1st - Dallas turner or Latu - Edge 2nd - Xavier Legette - WR 3a - Max Melton - CB - I would take him over Tampa straight up at any pick so in the 3rd is awesome. 3b - T'vondre Sweat - NT 4th - Kamren Kinchens - SS 5th - Leonard Taylor III - 3-4 Edge / DT 6a - Javon Solomon - Edge 6b - Joe Milton - QB
  22. Too bad he has such a propensity to get dinged up so often... Otherwise, yes.
  23. LA Beat writers because he was playing good enough the second half the year for them to sneak into the wild card? He had a good 5 game streak, but there was zero consistency.
  24. Chad Reuter on NFL.com did a seven rounder. Had the Packers dropping down from #25 and picking up SF's 3rd. I love the move, not a fan of the pick. #31 - Roger Rosengarten - OT #41 - Trevin Wallace - LB #58 - Javon Bullard - S #88 - Brandon Dorlus - DT #91 - Nehemiah Pritchett - CB #94 - Christian Hayes - OG #126 - Myles Cole - Edge #169 - Ray Davis - RB #202 - Jha'Quan Jackson - WR #219 - Tory Taylor - P #245 - Drake Nugent - S #255 - Kedon Slovis - QB I really, really hate this draft. Just extremely bad.
  1. Load more activity