1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2. New York Giants - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
4. Denver Broncos from Cleveland Browns through Houston Texans - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
5. Cleveland Browns from Denver Broncos - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets - Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
7. Buffalo Bills from Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
8. Chicago Bears - Denzel Ward, CB, tOSU
9. San Francisco 49ers - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
10. Oakland Raiders - Vita Vea, DT, Washington
11. Miami Dolphins - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers from Buffalo Bills through Cincinnati Bengals - Derwin James, S, FSU
We miss out on the "top three" but we get a chance to move back. Buffalo keeps their other first but we get 2.21 and 4.21.
James isn't my first choice. But we seemed to pay extra attention to him at his pro day. He fills a big need on the back end (that we haven't filled through FA) and he brings an attitude we need.
2.6 Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
After building up the defensive line in FA, we work to build up the secondary in the draft. Hughes has good ball skills, but he's "small" for a CB and his 40 time was disappointing. He's pretty much VHIII.
2.21 Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU
He dominated everything about the senior bowl. We showed a lot of interest then, before he had a good combine. He's a three down back and the kind of guy Koetter can consistently give 20 carries.
We trade 4.2 and 6.6 to move up to 3.20ish.
3.20ish Frank Ragnow, G, Arkansas
Sweezy gotsta go. And we can now make that happen.
4.21 Hercules Mata'afa, DE, Washington State
A (very good) DT who's gonna have to move to EDGE in the pros. He's a little undersized but he's strong and brings versatility.
5.7 Mark Walton, RB, Miami
We seemed really interested in him. That 40 time hurts but he could be our new Sims; a guy to run the toss.
We trade 6.28 and 7.37 to move up as far as we can in the sixth. Licht said last year we only roll into the draft with about 100 guys we deem draftable. We move up to take that last guy.
6.?? Casey Tucker, OT, Stanford
A guy to develop and compete with Benenoch to eventually replace Dotson.