Alex Smith- if I had us drafting a top young rookie I would keep him but I have us going with a FA QB 14.7 mill saved
Jon Boston- have us signing our new MLB. Saves us 2 mill
Peyton Barber- we draft another RB saves us a little over 1 mill
Troy Apke- I have us signing a FA FS and would rather have Everette as our backup FS saves close to 1 mill
Around 71-72 mill after cuts, plus 20 mill carry over 91-92 mill in cap space
SCHERRF 4 years 13.5 million AVG
DARBY 3 years 8 million AVG
Moreau 2 years 4 million AVG
Roullier 3 years 6 million AVG
Around 60-61 in cap space
PRESCOTT- 3 years 37mill AVG, here’s why. I could see Dallas drafting a QB like Lance or Wilson bc of their cap issue and the Dak injury. I could see us taking Wilson but I had us mocked at 5 and I think it’s too high. I want to go with someone proven and still young. I think he would take 37 AVG coming off a big injury and the cap possibly shrinking due to COVID. From what I have seen he wants a small term deal so he has the chance to cash in one more time and I think he’s worth it. with cutting Smith and Kerrigan departure we will have the money to pay him plus resign our own and sign a few guys
MARCUS MAYE-4 years 8 mill AVg young, athletic, and rangy, we have nothing at FS and I don’t want to see Everette or Apke playing every down.
AVERY WILLIAMSON- 2 years 6 mill AVG. completes our LB core, I like the idea of moving Collins to WLB. To me this would be a wise move. He’s 29
about 10-11 mill in cap space. It’s scary to get down this low but we will have dead money coming off the following year
I have us picking between 5-6
Trade Haskins to Pittsburgh for a 4th
1. J’marr Chase WR LSU. I rather us pay Terry when he’s up for a contract then sign a WR to a big deal. Also I signed Prescott to a large deal, we will have a deadly young WR Core who can grow into a top core
2. Trey Smith OL Tenn. he can play every position on the line and it gives us flexibility. If Moses can play like he did yesterday at LT for good I’m hoping he can hold down that position for good. He’s had a great bounce back year. Smith could play either LG or RT for us allowing Charles to play either LG or RT so Charles has options of where to stick him
3. Brevin Jordan TE Miami. He’s a baller and if he can last till the early 3rd then we may have our next Jordan Reed but healthy and a better blocker!
3. Bubba Bolden SS Miami he could be there, I like the idea Turtle had of moving Collins to WLB, it makes too much sense and Bolden has played great this year
4. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis. Another Memphis RB will give us a monster backfield with Gibson. They both shined at Memphis and here lately Memphis is producing very good backs!
4(Pitt) Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M he can be in our system and eventually take the #2 spot when Allen leaves and if he shows enough promise can takeover when Dakari contract is up
5 Paddy Fisher MLB Northwestern- good size at 6’4” 241 he can come in right a way as a possible number 2 MLB, and be a standout on special teams
7 José Borregales K Miami. Normally I wouldn’t draft a kicker but this guy is the real deal for Miami this year, if we didn’t draft him I would hope we could sign him as a UDFA, I’m over Dustin Hopkins
Rough Depth Chart
i spent quite a bit of money this offseason but I think we are in a position to compete now rather than rebuild under a rookie QB. I think Dak comes back strong and will have a lot of good young weapons at his disposal
im excited for the young WRs, drafted Chase With Sewell already being picked. Brevin Jordan is what this offense needs at TE!
hear me out...... if Moses proves he can hold down LT the next few games then I think we may be alright on the line. He’s had a great bounce back season. And if not we can try putting Charles there. I drafted smith, I’m really high on him. He can play every Oline position so we could have the luxury of him and Charles playing to their strong point of either LT RT or G.
on the defensive side I added our two biggest weaknesses a starting MLB and Starting FS, outside of that I think we are set on defense. Moving Collins to LB could be the best move we make, kind of like Mark Barron did, drafting Bolden would be awesome at SS for us
Like I said I spent a lot of money this season. But I think it makes us very competitive! And a favorite to win this division! We can clear some dead money after the season but I think this is a roster that makes playoffs
outside of the Haskins trade I did this draft on a simulator