Do me a solid and assume the trades work
1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow // Quarterback // Louisiana State
Nothing more to say here.
2. Washington Redskins - Chase Young // Edge Defender // Ohio State
Same. I think they've listened and considered more offers than they're letting on but it's had to pass on an immense talent in Young.
3. Los Angeles Chargers (via DET) - Justin Herbert // Quarterback // Oregon
A little bit of a twist here. I believe that Anthony Lynn does want Tyrod to excel given their past together but he and Tom Tolesco both are on the hot seat and will need to put some new options in at QB to save their jobs.
4. New York Giants - Andrew Thomas // Offensive Tackle // Georgia
I genuinely think this has a serious chance of happening. Thomas is a vastly underrated athlete and is the most pro-ready tackle in the class.
5. Miami Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa // Quarterback // Alabama
Not sure if I've ever bought into the Dolphins like Herbert more. I think they've had it has Burrow, Tua and Love before Herbert. Tua's predicted slide doesn't happen.
6. Detroit Lions (via LAC) - Jeff Okudah // Cornerback // Ohio State
A steal here if you ask me and an instant starter.
7. Carolina Panthers - Isaiah Simmons // Linebacker (Safety) // Clemson
I'm sure they're getting some trade offers here but replacing Kuechly will a player like Simmons is something that Carolina may not be able to do if they risk trading back.
8. Arizona Cardinals - Tristan Wirfs // Offensive Tackle // Iowa
A match made in heaven here.
9. New York Jets (via JAX) - Jedrick Wills // Offensive Tackle // Alabama
New York jumps ahead of Cleveland to get the guy they want protecting Darnold.
10. Atlanta Falcons (via CLE) - C.J. Henderson // Cornerback // Florida
I'm not often a buyer into trades that are publicized this much pre-draft but Atlanta is typically very transparent with their intentions
11. Jacksonville Jaguars (via NYJ) - Derrick Brown // Defensive Lineman // Auburn
This trade ends up working out for Jacksonville. They can most likely get a receiver at 20 or trade back up to get the man they want. They have plenty of draft capital this year.
12. Las Vegas Raiders - CeeDee Lamb // Wide Receiver // Oklahoma
I'm interested to know if Gruden and Mayock are on the same page with receivers. I envision Lamb being Gruden's guy which means that is the pick.
13. San Francisco 49ers - Javon Kinlaw // Defensive Lineman // South Carolina
A trade could obviously happen here but I'm going with Kinlaw headed to the Bay Area.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mekhi Becton // Offensive Tackle // Louisville
I'd be willing to bet that TB wants to trade up but that other teams in the league are hesitant to work with them seeing as how much better they've gotten in the last month.
15. Denver Broncos - Jerry Jeudy // Wide Receiver // Alabama
Jeudy is still my 4th overall player so to get him here is very fortunate.
16. Cleveland Browns (via ATL) - Josh Jones // Offensive Tackle // Houston
I could be dead wrong here. I know everyone and their mother is slotting Ezra Cleveland to the Browns but Josh Jones, IMO, fits Kevin Stefanski's scheme a little better.
17. Dallas Cowboys - Jaylon Johnson // Cornerback // Utah
I could be wrong but my guess is that Jerry is a little scared of Chaisson here. Taking a defensive back like Johnson is the next best option.
18. Minnesota Vikings (via MIA) - Henry Ruggs III // Wide Receiver // Alabama
I was split here. Vikings tend to turn later round receivers into studs but capitalizing on a player like Ruggs rather letting him get by JAX and PHI may be the right move.
19. Philadelphia Eagles (via LVR) - Jordan Jefferson // Wide Receiver // Louisiana State
Philly is able to jump up here w/o sacrificing too much to grab the receiver they want.
20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via LAR) - A.J. Terrell // Cornerback // Clemson
I won't slot a wide receiver to JAX in the first round until I see it. I agree they should have one but the org needs to prove me wrong.
21. Las Vegas Raiders (via PHI) - Jeff Gladney // Cornerback // Texas Christian
I have a feeling the Raiders are going to surprise us with one of these picks so I'm second guessing myself here.
22. Miami Dolphins (via MIN) - Isaiah Wilson // Offensive Tackle // Georgia
Sure, this could be high but Wilson is the kind of player that NFL teams fall in love with based on his size and just natural ability.
23. New England Patriots - A.J. Epenesa // Defensive Lineman // Iowa
I think Jordan Love could be a real chance here but New England seems to like what they have already and could also make a run at Cam if they'd like.
24. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Queen // Linebacker // Louisiana State
I don't think the Saints would've tendered Taysom Hill at a first round if they didn't feel he had some shot at replacing Brees. Instead, they go with the home grown linebacker.
25. Minnesota Vikings - Kristian Fulton // Cornerback // Louisiana State
Personally, I've always been higher on Fulton. He's naturally instinctive, underrated versatility in coverage and has high potential.
26. Miami Dolphins (via HOU) - K'Lavon Chaisson // Edge Defender // Louisiana State
A little bit of a slide here for the next true Edge guy (not Epenesa) but Chaisson brings good versatility to a Miami defense that relies on being versatile.
27. Seattle Seahawks - Ezra Cleveland // Offensive Tackle // Boise State
Odds are Seattle trades this but they need to mold a replacement for Duane Brown and definitely Cedric Ogbuehi.
28. Baltimore Ravens - Zach Baun // Linebacker // Wisconsin
Baun, IMO, is a better fit for the Ravens defense than Kenneth Murray.
29. Tennessee Titans - Austin Jackson // Offensive Tackle // Southern California
A whopping eight offensive tackles taken in the first round.
30. Indianapolis Colts (via GB) - Jordan Love // Quarterback // Utah State
Pretty simple here, Colts trade up to get their QB of the future.
31. San Francisco 49ers - Trevon Diggs // Cornerback // Alabama
Diggs is built for the Niners defense and they can get a depth receiver later on.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Cesar Ruiz // Offensive Lineman // Michigan
I'm going safe here with Ruiz but watch out for a player like Jordyn Brooks in this spot.