1. Cleveland- Sam Darnold QB USC. Josh Allen talk is a smoke screen possible to get trade interest at 4.
2. NY Giants- Saquon Barkley RB Penn St. They would like to trade down but the Bills aren’t willing to part with a 1st rd pick next year. Giants take the player to help Eli now. Also Nelson is a possibility.
3. NY Jets- Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma. The jets swing big and hope his intangibles overcome the height. Josh McCown is the perfect mentor for him to learn from
4. Buffalo Bills- Josh Rosen QB UCLA. Durability concerns are there, I’m not buying the attitude issues though and Buffalo grabs the best passer of the draft. Cleveland thinks about Chubb but grabs 12,22,53,187. Buffalo gets 4,150 and swap 65 for 64. Buffalo slightly over pays per the old chart but have to get a QB.
5. Denver Broncos- Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame. Denver thinks about QB but Elway is gun shy and takes best lineman on the board. Trade down is also possible as well as DB or Chubb.
6. Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb DE N.C. State. Colts think hard about Nelson at G, but take an impact pass rusher. don’t be surprised if Allen is available at 6 for Arizona or Miami to trade with Indy is the price isn’t too steep.
7. Tampa Bay- Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama. Back end help is needed and Fitzpatrick can play corner or safety. James or Ward also possible but they still need some development.
8. Chicago Bears- Trumaine Edmunds LB Va Tech. Bears liked Nelson, but look to get what many have compared to Urlacher.
9.Miami- Josh Allen QB Wyoming. Miami looks to get ahead of Arizona to select Gase a QB of the future. SF still looking for more picks. As they get 11 and 73. Miami gets 9 and 143.
10. Oakland- Vita Vea DT Washington. Gruden wants to get tougher and go back to 1998. Vea is massive but will need to be rotated. Immediately helps a terrible run defense and can hide LBs.
11. SF 49ers - Marcus Davenport DE UTSA SF needs to get to the QB and take a chance on the raw talent of what could be one of the best pass rushers in the draft.
12. Cleveland- Denzel Ward CB Ohio St. Many expect OT here but Dorsey covets DBs and no tackle is rated this high on their board. Don’t rule out a trade up from 22 however. There have been rumors of Ward at 4 so Cleveland gets a steal and possible shutdown corner.
13. Washington- Derwin James S Florida State. They take the highest player on their board, looking for their next Sean Taylor.
14. Green Bay- Roquan Smith LB Georgia. Don’t rule out CB or OL. GB can move Matthews back to a pass rusher full time and gives Pettine an athletic chess piece.
15. Arizona Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma St. First surprise of RD 1. Rudolph is under the radar but big and accurate. Hopefully Bradford stays healthy because Rudolph needs to sit a year.
16. Baltimore- Taven Bryan DL Florida. Flacco needs help but they don’t want to reach on a WR. However don’t rule it out could go CB, OL or maybe first TE off board. They are the mid round wildcard and no Ozzie.
17. LA Chargers- Mike McGlenchy T Notre Dame. Rivers finally getting some protection. Plug and play on the right from day one
18. Cleveland- Conner Williams T Texas. There has already been trade talks for weeks. Cleveland moves ahead of Cincy hoping for Joe Thomas’ replacement. Seattle gets picks 22,114 and 175. Don’t rule out another trade back from 22. They don’t have the cap space for 1st rounders and Cleveland has space and picks to package.
19. Dallas Cowboys- Josh Jackson CB Iowa. WR is possible with all the Dez drama but the Cowboys need help in the secondary. A tough combine pushes a talented player right to the Cowboys.
20. NE Patriots- Harold Landry DE Boston College. The rich get richer and NE lands a pass rusher they sorely need. Look for them to address QB in Rd 2. And TE and CB.Detroit picks up a 23 and 95. NE also gets 153.
21. Cincinnati- James Daniels C/G Iowa. Instantly becomes the best OL on team. Can play G or C. Dalton is below average with the line he has. Any chance of success the OL needs addressed.
22. Cleveland- Maurice Hurst DL Michigan Seattle wants out of 1st round bad and Cleveland adds an Aaron Donald type disruptor. Not saying he’s even in the same league as Donald, no one is. I think he may end up being the steal of the draft however. Seattle gets 33 and 65. Cleveland gets 22 and 156. Cleveland lands 4 1st round picks and still has picks 35 and 53.
23. Detroit Lions- Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise St. Don’t rule out a dB or an OL but the board has them taking the athletic LB from Boise.
24. Carolina- Calvin Ridley WR Alabama. Cam needs help and Ridley is a smooth route runner. A poor combine makes him fall to the Panthers.
25. Tennessee- Rashaan Evans LB Alabama. Athletic playmaker that this defense needs. Mike Vrabel putting stamp on defense.
26. Atlanta- Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M. Julio Jones needs help they lost their slot wr. Matt Ryan is about to sign an extension needs more weapons. It’s a toss up between Kirk and D.J. Moore but Alanta goes with Kirk.
27. New Orleans- Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina Brees isn’t getting any younger so a future replacement could be in play with Jackson, but they add another weapon to win now.
28. Pittsburgh- Mike Hughes CB UCF. Secondary help is needed in Pittsburgh. If a top LB falls don’t be shocked if they draft him as Shazier is out 2018 and may never return. Lamar Jackson could be in play as well.
29. Jacksonville- Lamar Jackson QB Louisville. Bortles isn’t the long term answer but will suffice until Jackson can develop.
30. Minnesota- Will Hernandez OG UTEP. Not a lot of holes but a solid interior protector for Cousins.
31. New England- Kolton Miller OT UCLA. They now get their future LT to replace the loss in free agency.
32. Philadelphia- Da’Ron Payne DT Alabama. Without too many pressing needs for they continue to build depth on the DL. LT would have been a possibility if it were a deeper class.