Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Mock Draft! - (2017) - Discussion

Nick

Please continue discussion here from the old forum!

Rules:

1] The draft order will be randomized, and it will be a snake draft (1st pick in 1st round picks last in 2nd round). 

2] We are drafting a full 53-man roster! So draft accordingly. Later rounds be 2 players per draft slot to speed up the draft. May even bump this up to 3 players per draft slot if need be.

3] You can run either a 3-4 or 4-3 defense base. You can draft 4-3 players and convert them if you'd like. 

4] You cannot move offensive linemen from tackle to guard or from guard to tackle unless they have recent experience in the past 2 seasons playing there (dating back to 2015).

5] Every team must start at least 1 player from the team you're representing. For example, I'm a Bills fan, so I must draft and start a Bill. (The player selected cannot count as your rookie or your 2nd year starter.)  

6] Every team must start at least 1 second year player. You cannot use a "favorite team" player as BOTH your 2nd year player AND "favorite team" player. 
(For example, if a Bills fan were to draft Shaq Lawson, he could count as either their 2nd year player or Bills player, but NOT both) 

7] Every team must start at least 1 rookie. You cannot use a "favorite team" player as BOTH your rookie AND "favorite team" player. 
(For example, if a Titans fan were to draft Corey Davis, he could count as either their rookie or Titans player, but NOT both)

8] You cannot draft a rookie to be your returner, punter or kicker.   

9] Special teamers are not considered starters. So favorite team players, rookies, and 2nd year players will not count towards your requirement at those positions.

10] We will be drafting coaches, a HC, OC and DC.

Rules associated with having coaches are:

• You can't bring retired coaches back into the league (ex. John Gruden, Bill Cowher, etc.).
  • College coaches can be taken.
  • Multiple current head coaches can be drafted and moved to either OC or DC positions (ex. Sean Payton can be either your HC or OC).

11] All suspensions and injuries are reset. Consider the players history with injuries and suspensions, however.

How a winner will be decided:

Undecided on an official way of doing this as this almost always loses steam... we'll do our best to put up polls to decide a winner like we did last year. Typically go with a head-to-head format. Willing to listen to any outside input on this please!!!

How to go about building your team:

You're building a franchise. 

Think of it as being judged for about a 7 year period of performance. Here's a basic way to think about it, which can be applied to any position you're drafting:

- Taking a player like Drew Brees might get you 2-4 years of guaranteed success max but you'll have to replace him soon and hope that player can succeed after him (i.e. taking Brees, but also trying to grab a Carson Wentz type player later in the draft). 

- Taking someone like Patrick Mahomes is going to get you 6-10 years of success BUT, that's if he pans out, so he's a risk. 

- Andrew Luck, while up for debate for some people, could get you a full 7-10 years of success given his age.

It's all how you choose to value players and their success going into the future. You're building a franchise, so you're putting together the team you want and see being successful. Part of the fun in this is seeing how people choose to build their team. Most tend to go with sustained success & drafting younger first.

Basic Roster Guideline:

HC:
OC:
DC:

QB  
RB:  
WR: 
TE: 

LT: 
LG: 
C: 
RG: 
RT: 

RE: 
DT: 
LE: 

ROLB: 
ILB: 
LOLB: 

CB: 
FS: 
SS: 

K: 
P: 
KR/PR:

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

you still doing this? I haven't checked into the old forum since coming to the new one.

Unfortunately you missed out :/ I was wondering what happened to you. We are in round 6 right now. 

22 hours ago, waffles7 said:

Sweet! And I know you said to skip you until later today or tomorrow possibly but just a heads up you're OTC now for your second pick whenever you have time to get on. :D

I'll be making my pick(s) today.  Sorry for the delay, life is getting in the way.  

@NickChowaniec I'm working on a workbook so that we can keep track of who has been taken and hasn't.  I'll post the link today, that is if I get it completed enough before the game this evening.  It'll be pretty basic but don't want to get too crazy with it just yet.  Also, got a few questions about the rules that I'll message you later today.

2 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Okay Giants are caught up on their picks.

Also here is a basic workbook that list out which players are still available and that have been drafted by our teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14xHzyO4gjxG_Onlnyqe1uGF2mPppIPYofTjN8CsYxoA/edit?usp=sharing

Nice Work!

also Nick, can we make a roster thread so we can keep up with everyone's rosters. As well as my own.

Will move the draft over here tonight as well as open up a roster thread!

Started a new job today, hoping I can now slow down a little and get back on pace. Thanks for the patience everyone. Pace should pick up now.

5 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Okay Giants are caught up on their picks.

Also here is a basic workbook that list out which players are still available and that have been drafted by our teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14xHzyO4gjxG_Onlnyqe1uGF2mPppIPYofTjN8CsYxoA/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks so much for this, a great tool as always. I'll have it posted in the draft and roster thread! 

Since a handful of us are here, can I get some help figuring out what team you represent to fulfill the criteria for favorite team pick...

Nick - Bills

nj92jefferies - Giants

BDP - Panthers

grizmo - Bears?

Epoch -

Counselor -

jonnguy -

waffles7 - Steelers?

CaribouLou - 

CrashMan10 - Raiders?

winitall -

Archived