Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

Draft day 3 - discussion thread

I've been highly impressed by the Giants entire draft, even if I wouldn't have chosen Barkley myself.

I wonder what positions they are targeting. 

We need a swing tackle, and ideally we will get a swing tackle that could also play guard if need be. Another TE would be good, but not necessary. Same goes for running back. I guess that's why the McKinnon signing makes sense because now we don't NEED to draft a running back here. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

I wonder what positions they are targeting. 

We need a swing tackle, and ideally we will get a swing tackle that could also play guard if need be. Another TE would be good, but not necessary. Same goes for running back. I guess that's why the McKinnon signing makes sense because now we don't NEED to draft a running back here. 

Gary Gilliam is pretty decent as a swing tackle. I really like how this regime makes sure we at least have decent at every position so they can pick guys they want instead of being forced to draft anyone because of need.

53 minutes ago, StevenK said:

We supposedly like the TE out of Stanford, but you never know what that means lol 

If we continue getting top athletes at their position, I think Akins becomes a target. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we continue getting top athletes at their position, I think Akins becomes a target. 

check out my fave sleeper TE

http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl-draft/positions-offense/tight-end/andrew-vollert-te-weber-state/

According to HERO Sports FCS senior staff writer Brian McLaughlin, Vollert’s 40-yard-dash time of 4.54 seconds and three-cone time of 6.76 both tie for the fastest among tight ends who were at the combine. His time of 4.09 in the 20-yard shuttle would have been the quickest at his position at the combine.

http://www.standard.net/Weber-State/2018/03/29/weber-state-football-pro-day-2018-taron-johnson-andrew-vollert-mckay-murphy

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

check out my fave sleeper TE

http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl-draft/positions-offense/tight-end/andrew-vollert-te-weber-state/

According to HERO Sports FCS senior staff writer Brian McLaughlin, Vollert’s 40-yard-dash time of 4.54 seconds and three-cone time of 6.76 both tie for the fastest among tight ends who were at the combine. His time of 4.09 in the 20-yard shuttle would have been the quickest at his position at the combine.

http://www.standard.net/Weber-State/2018/03/29/weber-state-football-pro-day-2018-taron-johnson-andrew-vollert-mckay-murphy

Dude looks to have legit breakaway speed after the catch. Definitely intrigued now. 

lol, Lions say enough's enough and trade up... but don't take local boy Hurst. Ouch

Ogbonnia next up for us? Or not a good enough athlete? 

Wonder if hurst goes undrafted. Really wouldn’t be against picking him now. Still prefer sweat if he’s there. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ogbonnia next up for us? Or not a good enough athlete? 

hope so.. and I think he's plenty enough athlete for our LEO needs

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

hope so.. and I think he's plenty enough athlete for our LEO needs

But if we are going pure athlete, Sweat may be the pick if he is available? 

But yeah, I think Ogbonnia is a good enough athlete. 

@oldman9er You shouldn't have put me on Vollert. Now I'm going to be mad if we don't pick him today LOL.