Draft day 3 - discussion thread

49erurtaza

And I hated the Taylor  and Colbert picks last year and they turned out quite well. 

The  tunnel vision Thing concerns me but remember, baalke always looked smart durimg the draft never trading up, grabbimg great value. And we never did anything with it. The nice thing about trading up is that they already have an idea of what that player will do. I'm a fan of that.

the safety and street pick though, not loving them. Like street but value...position...eh

Ok so looking at the draft as a whole after years of GMs drafting in spite of what system was run, thus "fitting a square peg in a round hole" I'm good with this draft.  It reminds me of some of those early into the Pete Carrol-era drafts where people killed the Seahawks for overdrafting but getting the best fit.

For the players picked day one and 2 even those of you who weren't thrilled couldn't say they were bad players just you didn't like the positioning.

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Jeffrey Wilson signs with the 49ers as a UDFA. Maybe Shanahan and Bobby Turner can make him the next Davis, Gary, or Anderson. 

McKinnon just doesn't excite me.

I like McKinnon, also I felt if we got a TH it would be late round or UDFA because the Shanahans have this magic ability to get a lot out of late round or UDFA RBs.

42 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't care. Until the FO achieves results I think it's fair to be critical. 

I guess that's fair with a draft class that hasn't seen the field. If it was baalke 

, I'd get it. But last years class was pretty solid and has room to look even better. But I get the a,bivelwnce. 

Archived