Draft day 3 - discussion thread

49erurtaza

If I have to pick someone as my least favorite pick in this draft it's Street. Aside from the obvious concern  and lack of contribution due to his injury, and worries about how fully he'll recover, I just have my doubts about him. Workout warrior! But is he good on the field?

19 hours ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

He's a 5th rounder. If Street makes the team and contributes like Tank did, that's a win.

Maybe. But he was a 4th roounder not a 5th. You probably don't expect a lot from a guy taken  where he was. Still if he gets 54 tackles and 5.5 sacks in 4 years in the NFL it woul be hard for me to call that a win. That's better than being  out of the NFL within 4 years, but it's sure not a very productive career.

5 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Maybe. But he was a 4th roounder not a 5th. You probably don't expect a lot from a guy taken  where he was. Still if he gets 54 tackles and 5.5 sacks in 4 years in the NFL it woul be hard for me to call that a win. That's better than being  out of the NFL within 4 years, but it's sure not a very productive career.

I'm fairly certain that Tank's career is already better than that of an average 4th rounder. If Street ends up being a useful depth player like Tank, that's a good pick.

You're probably right about this.  I wonder how long of a career the average 4th rounder has. I probably have a lower opinion of Tank's contributions than you. So I'm hoping we can get more out of him than that.  But if he makes the  team and sticks around for 4 years and plays "useful" minutes when a starter gets hurt then I guess that probably does beat out the average 4th rounder's career. One think I know with certainty is that he's not contributing anything this season.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

B4kzLXV.jpg

We all know how these evaluations go. Based on the general consensus of guys this sounds about right. Plus it's hard to find guys where the general reaction is "wow, what a bargain the 49ers got in that pick".

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

We all know how these evaluations go. Based on the general consensus of guys this sounds about right. Plus it's hard to find guys where the general reaction is "wow, what a bargain the 49ers got in that pick".

My question is...How in the heck does Chad Rueter give out that many A grades? Like really? C'mon dude. You can say the same for a couple of them, but Rueter in particular is brutal. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

My question is...How in the heck does Chad Rueter give out that many A grades? Like really? C'mon dude. You can say the same for a couple of them, but Rueter in particular is brutal. 

Grumble grumble...back in my day...grumble grumble...grade inflation...grumble grumble.

9 hours ago, JIllg said:

Grumble grumble...back in my day...grumble grumble...grade inflation...grumble grumble.

I'm just saying that they take it so easy on teams now. I used to walk to and from school, 10 miles in the snow with no shoes, no socks, and no feet. Everything is just so easy nowadays. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm just saying that they take it so easy on teams now. I used to walk to and from school, 10 miles in the snow with no shoes, no socks, and no feet. Everything is just so easy nowadays. 

so well done.. love the Forge. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4zDQvGS68IOx4bJmyFNz

Archived