Draft day 3 - discussion thread

49erurtaza

Apparently, Sweat may not be able to practice during  the week because of his injuries. I can understand it if that's the case, but still doesn't make sense why we are drafting more big ends (and possible UT's) over an actual pass rusher. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Quite a few. None of them who are likely to light it up, obviously, but still would have made more sense than Street. 

I think Ejiofor and Ogo can develop intimacy high impact guys. Hopefully they last to us

I finally figured out what's going on.  Baalke kidnapped Lynch, had him locked up somewhere and Trent has been making all our picks.  A trade up to get a guy that would have been there without trading up and was probably not the best player at his position available - pure clone of the Garnett move. Taking a small school db who is good but probably a round too soon - pure clone of the Tartt move. Now taking a guy with and ACL who will have to sit out the year - pure Carradine clone, or maybe not because at least Tank was considered a higher round prospect if not injured. Street was only listed as a 4-5 prospect before his ACL. FWIW I can't find a single big board that had Warner listed in the top 100 or a single mock that had him going as high as we took. So it looks to me like  another over-draft. This draft just smacks so much of a management team that is madly in love with a handful of guys and completely blinded to the notion of value. Looks like desperation to get "theirt guys" and fear of losing "their guys".  It's possible they've evaluated the guys correctly and they will turn out well. I mean last year's picks were pretty darn good. So I'm completely oopen to the possibility we've hauled in a bunch of good guys. But they've just left so much value on the table that this has to be considered a really bad draft for me.

Archived