Day 3 Draft Discussion Thread

goldfishwars

4 hours ago, SwedeCane said:

Berrios to Patriots.

Absolutely love it. My favourite pick of the final day. 

Great fit for the Pats. And, even better for Berrios. Hope he makes an impact in the league. 

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

There is no way this Mailata guy is 21. He looks 30. 

LOL... It must be those Polynesian genetics. Dem boys develop real fast. #ManChild

Interesting pick for Philly. Mailata has incredible athletic upside, & is well worth the gamble late in round 7. Luxury developmental player for an already elite team. It could potentially pay off big time if they can train him in the dark arts of oline play.

He's worth keeping an eye on. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i want some of what coughlin is smoking to draft Tanner lee. 

Image result for Tanner Lee

Tanner Lee has all the attributes......... okay, some of the attributes, to be a success for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

His WEAKNESSES, so-called, are all things that can be overcome, with good coaching (such as Blake Bortles has profited from), mentoring (from Blake Bortles), and Love:

(NoteStrengths for  Tanner Lee were not listed; they are probably still compiling the list)

Weaknesses
  • Atrocious touchdown-to-interception total of 46:37 for his career
  • Brings trouble upon himself
  • Throws with very little anticipation or timing
  • Allows throwing windows to close before taking his shot
  • Doesnt allow play design to work for him and misses wide open targets
  • Willing to fling it off his back foot
  • Oblivious to edge pressure and freezes under duress from interior rush
  • Redzone output was poor
  • Lacks attentiveness to safeties
  • Not really all THAT bad,although I consider the word "atrocious" as used above to be a little concerning.

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I'd blame his assistant.  It was probably delegated to them this late in the draft.

Coughlin:  OK, we're up in 3 mins, but I've got to go pee. Damn prostate.  Get our QB?

Assistant:  Well...ok.   Which QB?

Coughlin:  You know, someone we can develop and maybe improve the position down the road.  I've really got to pee now.  Where's my Flomax?

Assistant:  OK.  That's like..almost anyone.

Coughlin:  Good point.  Carry on.

Almost all NFL teams starting in round 5, consider whether or not the player can play ST's, then comes the rare possibility that they can develop into starters 2 or 3 years down the road, but mostly they are kept to replace ST players whose rookie contracts are up to save money on a team's cap, that is why so many of them make their teams.

Teams simply do not like to waste cap dollars on veterans whose rookie contracts are up and are strictly ST or 3rd on a depth chart. Talent rarely comes into the question, it is all about saving cap $$$'s.

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

In hindsight, given Dorsey was willing to take Tyreke Hill, we shouldn't be surprised that Callaway went to CLE.  

Yeah, we are loading up on the good guys like Gordon and now Callaway. Dorsey knows how to draft!!!

On 4/28/2018 at 10:41 PM, Marc MacGyver said:

Absolutely love it. My favourite pick of the final day. 

Great fit for the Pats. And, even better for Berrios. Hope he makes an impact in the league. 

LOL... It must be those Polynesian genetics. Dem boys develop real fast. #ManChild

Interesting pick for Philly. Mailata has incredible athletic upside, & is well worth the gamble late in round 7. Luxury developmental player for an already elite team. It could potentially pay off big time if they can train him in the dark arts of oline play.

He's worth keeping an eye on. 

My favorite pick of our draft TBH. When he came in for a visit a few weeks ago I was intrigued after watching his YouTube Rugby highlights.

If some of you have never seen them, it's worth a watch. Freakishly Athletic for his size!!! If Stout can work his magic it can pay huge dividends moving forward. If not, I've seen worse Eagles 7th Rd picks.

12 hours ago, goldfishwars said:
  1. Maurice Hurst [DT] Michigan
  2. Genard Avery [ILB] Memphis
  3. Tyrell Crosby [OT] Oregon
  4. Shaquem Griffin [LB] UCF
  5. DaeSean Hamilton [WR] Penn St.
  6. Josh Sweat [EDGE] Florida St.
  7. John Kelly [RB] Tennessee
  8. Jamarco Jones [OT] Ohio St.
  9. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo [EDGE] Oklahoma
  10. Duke Ejiofor [EDGE] Wake Forest
  11. R J Mcintosh [DT] Miami (Fla.)
  12. Equanimeous St. Brown [WR] Notre Dame
  13. Tim Settle [NT] Virginia Tech
  14. Will Richardson [OT] NC State
  15. Parry Nickerson [CB] Tulane
  16. DeShon Elliott [SS] Texas
  17. Jaylen Samuels [TE/RB] NC State
  18. Jeff Holland [EDGE] Auburn
  19. Jack Cichy [ILB] Wisconsin
  20. Wyatt Teller [OG] Va. Tech
  21. Micah Kiser [ILB] Virginia
  22. Dylan Cantrell [WR] Texas Tech
  23. Darius Phillips [CB] Western Michigan
  24. Luke Falk [QB] Wash. State
  25. Kalen Ballage [RB] Arizona St.
  26. Tegray Scales [LB] Indiana
  27. Levi Wallace [CB] Alabama
  28. Cedrick Wilson [WR] Boise St.
  29. JC Jackson [CB] Maryland
  30. Kylie Fitts [EDGE] Utah
  31. Skyler Phillips [OG ]Idaho St.
  32. Poona Ford [DT ]Texas
  33. Kentavius Street [EDGE] N.C. State
  34. Kendrick Norton [DT] Miami (Fla.)
  35. Tre Flowers [SS ]Oklahoma St.
  36. J’Mon Moore [WR] Missouri
  37. Trey Quinn [WR] SMU
  38. Kameron Kelly [CB/S] San Diego St
  39. Allen Lazard [WR] Iowa St.
  40. D.J. Reed [CB] Kansas St.
  41. Quenton Meeks [CB] Stanford
  42. Desmond Harrison [OT] West Georgia
  43. Siran Neal [S ] Jax. State
  44. Dane Cruikshank [SS] Arizona
  45. Timon Parris [OT] Stony Brook
  46. Colby Gossett [OG] Appalachian St.
  47. Foley Fatukasi [NT] UConn
  48. Troy Fumagalli [TE] Wisconsin
  49. Tony Adams [G/C] NC State
  50. Jester Weah [WR] Pittsburgh
  51. Chase Litton [QB] Marshall
  52. Shaun Dion Hamilton [ILB] Alabama
  53. Boston Scott [RB] Louisiana Tech
  54. Trenton Thompson [DT] Georgia

Team doctors must be really down on Hurst's chances for a full recovery!!!

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Random Scout: "My sources in New England tell me that Belichick plans to draft Danny Etling."

Tom Coughlin: "Hold my beer."

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Senor Sneezy apparently. One of the most important aspects in the NFL, and we are completely punting it in this draft it looks like. I can't say that I necessarily blame them, I think once you missed out on a few of those guy, the options for anyone who could help there was pretty limited, but there are several who at least make sense that could have been selected. 

But this entire season is guaranteed to be torpedoed right from the off because we can't get to the passer. I think that Lynch and Shanny know that the hype around the team is really just  hype, we aren't going to compete. So they've made more longer term selections in this draft. 

Hardly think so, just because you do not like the picks hardly makes it true, that they were bad!

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

Hardly think so, just because you do not like the picks hardly makes it true, that they were bad!

Well, considering that my comments are based off my opinion, it kind of does. Since, you know, it's my opinion

But please, feel free to try and change that opinion by exalting the virtues of the 49er pass rush. Because if you can't get to the passer, you're not winning in this league.  It's quite simple. And we can't get to the passer. That makes this season doomed from the start. And that's okay. I never though this team was a playoff contender like some people for some reason did. And I don't think that it's unreasonable to think that both Shanny and Lynch had their eyes set on year three either. 

I never said all the picks were bad, either. So I'm not even sure why you said that. I said that we punted pass rush (we did). I do not like some of the picks, absolutely, but what that has to do with the pass rush that I was talking about in my post that you quoted I have no idea. 

Archived